+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ROTHERHAM UTD A - A CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: ROTHERHAM UTD A - A CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Until the rules change we get on with it

If my aunty had bollocks she would be my uncle

She's bloody ugly either way

Say the EFL look at the way Rotherham dealt with yesterday’s situation and conclude that they could have done a lot more to get the game restarted, would the priority be to punish Rotherham or “reward” us by either awarding us the game or starting at forty eight minutes with us 1-0 up? Can’t see either happening myself, but a points deduction, or more likely, a fine for Rotherham is a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Say the EFL look at the way Rotherham dealt with yesterday’s situation and conclude that they could have done a lot more to get the game restarted, would the priority be to punish Rotherham or “reward” us by either awarding us the game or starting at forty eight minutes with us 1-0 up? Can’t see either happening myself, but a points deduction, or more likely, a fine for Rotherham is a possibility.
    Points deduction please, that’ll learn ‘em.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    So we stick with draconian rule because that's just the way it is?? Nonsense. Where on earth is the logic is restarting from scratch and ignoring the first 48 minutes??? Does Philogene's goal get stuck off? What if someone was sent off for violent conduct - does that get forgotten? The match doesn't need to be replayed - just resumed.
    I didn't say that's what I wanted.

But that's the rules.

So it's nonsense is it? We couldn't muster a protest over the red, we're not going to start one over 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    They shouldn't get away with this. I was getting ready to go out for a meal and was laughing at the "groundsmen" and their attempts to clear the pitch. I'm glad I didn't turn the radio on on the drive to the restaurant and just let it go.

It's done now, pointless people being angry like quite a few replies suggest people are..if it's out of my control I'm not going to waste energy worrying about it.

Nothing will be done this time around which is fair enough unfortunately as that’s the rules but surely something should change in general for things like this. Starting 1-0 up and playing a full 90 or something would be a fairer rule.

Knowing our luck it would be introduced that rule and we’d have a game called off for rain next year whilst 2-0 down

A gesture I’m sure the Cardiff fans would appreciate would be for Rotherham to pick up the bill for all the travelling coaches that have to return
    Not saying that will happen but I’m putting it out there 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    A gesture I’m sure the Cardiff fans would appreciate would be for Rotherham to pick up the bill for all the travelling coaches that have to return
    Not saying that will happen but I’m putting it out there 🤔
    That would require Rotherham to admit to some blame if they were to pay for City fans to return, I don't see them doing that.

Nope, they'll stick by their guns and claim their groundstaff did their upmost best.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    We need to move on from fines for players and clubs as they are often peanuts for mega rich owners. Suspensions for players and embargoes or docked points for clubs is the only fair way to punish rule breaches.

I don't think the game will restart with us at 1 nil and I don't think it should but there must be a suitable punishment for Rotherham's lack of effort and that punishment should be a points deduction possibly three.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    We need to move on from fines for players and clubs as they are often peanuts for mega rich owners. Suspensions for players and embargoes or docked points for clubs is the only fair way to punish rule breaches.

I don't think the game will restart with us at 1 nil and I don't think it should but there must be a suitable punishment for Rotherham's lack of effort and that punishment should be a points deduction possibly three.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post

It’s “TEACH”

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It’s “TEACH”
    thats the bloke who chucked the chalk duster at you

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It’s “TEACH”
    That’ll learn me

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Yes, Philogene's goal gets struck off.

As for resuming the game rather than replaying it, what would be the rules? I presume you think that the same players should be on the pitch, otherwise it wouldn't be the same game. So what if players get injured between now and the resumption?

Let's face it, if it's played on a different day it's a different game with a different set of circumstances.
    I appreciate there would be anomalies to iron out - but in what universe can starting back at 0-0 be the best way to resolve this situation?

Again off the top of my head - treat the replay as if it was the second leg of a tie with the aggregate score counting. New team line ups allowing for injuries, suspensions etc.

There are hundreds of better alternatives to the current rule. The only reason it hasn't been reviewed is that it very rarely happens - and even more rarely does it have such a potential impact on relegation. Doesn't mean it shouldn't been looked at though.

I can vaguely remember a game that was restarted a couple of days later with like 20 odd minutes to go.
    think it might have been an international game a few years ago

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I appreciate there would be anomalies to iron out - but in what universe can starting back at 0-0 be the best way to resolve this situation?

Again off the top of my head - treat the replay as if it was the second leg of a tie with the aggregate score counting. New team line ups allowing for injuries, suspensions etc.

There are hundreds of better alternatives to the current rule. The only reason it hasn't been reviewed is that it very rarely happens - and even more rarely does it have such a potential impact on relegation. Doesn't mean it shouldn't been looked at though.
    In Spain they play the missing minutes, recently Betis Seville match was suspended. They came back and started from where they left off a few days later.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    In Spain they play the missing minutes, recently Betis Seville match was suspended. They came back and started from where they left off a few days later.
    They don't where we play.

Huddersfield's match against Sheffield United has just been rearranged to 3rd May (because SU are in the FA cup semi final), in between playing us and their final match. Wonder if the Rotherham game will be the same night.

It won't happen of course, but there IS precedent....

.......that happened at the Copa del Rey final I was at in Madrid in 1995. Game had to be abandoned after 79 mins due to a similar monsoon downpour, with score at 1-1. The game was resumed days later at 1-1 to play the final 11 minutes and original ticket holders were allowed in free.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post

.......that happened at the Copa del Rey final I was at in Madrid in 1995. Game had to be abandoned after 79 mins due to a similar monsoon downpour, with score at 1-1. The game was resumed days later at 1-1 to play the final 11 minutes and original ticket holders were allowed in free.
    that's how they do it in Spain.

Rotherham isn't in Spain

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    that's how they do it in Spain.

Rotherham isn't in Spain
    They should definitely do the same, or at the very least make the team with the shit pitch play the next game away as a punishment, lose the home advantage, they wanted the game called off that's clear to see and they made no attempt to drain the pitch.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Nothing will be done this time around which is fair enough unfortunately as that’s the rules but surely something should change in general for things like this. Starting 1-0 up and playing a full 90 or something would be a fairer rule.

Knowing our luck it would be introduced that rule and we’d have a game called off for rain next year whilst 2-0 down
    No they have to play away as punishment, 47 mins gone they start one nil down.

if that was a rule th e itch would have been cleared or we would have agreed an extra hour to get it cleared

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    That would require Rotherham to admit to some blame if they were to pay for City fans to return, I don't see them doing that.

Nope, they'll stick by their guns and claim their groundstaff did their upmost best.
    They can't say that though, cameras were there they can see they made no attempt at all.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post

Still wouldn't punish them much, but that sounds perfectly logical and fair.