+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ROTHERHAM UTD A - A CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

International

Re: ROTHERHAM UTD A - A CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    I am not saying that the FA rules don’t exist about restarting the game but if this happens the decision goes completely in their favour as it’s like giving them another chance at a game that we were playing well and ahead in. Now we have to play another game in a congested month of fixtures and trying to stay up. It isn’t fair at all if we have to restart. I cannot believe how (as with the derby match and snow etc) everytime this happens it’s always us that is at the wrong end of the decision and I’m fed up with it. That derby match should never had been cancelled and they knew exactly what they were doing because they had half the squad out injured. They even won the match that was rearranged! Completely in their favour. Why should we restart a match that we are already winning? The match should be played from
    48 mins and 1 up - that is the only fair way to restart. Starting it nil nil from the beginning is like giving them another chance. Not to mention the fact that their efforts to do anything were so obviously lame. I am wondering if there was a problem with their drainage system or something because the water should be pouring down those drains at the side of the pitch but it wasn’t going anywhere. I know this sounds completely crazy but could they have turned off the drainage system? Can’t think why else it wouldn’t go down. I know people say we would have done the same but no I don’t believe it would happen at home as we have got a good drainage system at our ground. I’ve been there before and it’s been absolutely pelting it down and the water has just disappeared very fast. The more I think about it they 1. Either had a problem with their drainage system or 2. There was a way of actually turning the drainage system off on purpose.
    It didn't seem normal for a pitch to fill up quicker than a swimming pool, something was wrong with the drainage, I guess we will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It didn't seem normal for a pitch to fill up quicker than a swimming pool, something was wrong with the drainage, I guess we will never know.
    it was an extreme rain storm its the rules

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    It won't happen of course, but there IS precedent....

.......that happened at the Copa del Rey final I was at in Madrid in 1995. Game had to be abandoned after 79 mins due to a similar monsoon downpour, with score at 1-1. The game was resumed days later at 1-1 to play the final 11 minutes and original ticket holders were allowed in free.
    Someone already mentioned they do it in la Liga now

I love the fact that some people apparently think Rotherham should be 'punished' for freak weather conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I love the fact that some people apparently think Rotherham should be 'punished' for freak weather conditions.
    Is that what they want them punished for then? Specifically the rain. Not the lack of effort etc.

It would be interesting to see how the CCS would have held up to that kind of downpour. We’ll never know so need to move on now. We’d be loving it had we been 3-0 behind.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    It would be interesting to see how the CCS would have held up to that kind of downpour. We’ll never know so need to move on now. We’d be loving it had we been 3-0 behind.
    One of the things that has amused me about this affair has been people complaining that Rotherham only had four ground staff attempting (or not attempting) to clear the pitch of water. So how many ground staff does a club like Rotherham employ? Indeed, how many ground staff do City employ? I've genuinely got no idea, but I can't imagine it's many.

One of the things that has amused me about this affair has been people complaining that Rotherham only had four ground staff attempting (or not attempting) to clear the pitch of water. So how many ground staff does a club like Rotherham employ? Indeed, how many ground staff do City employ? I've genuinely got no idea, but I can't imagine it's many.
    What qualifications would they be looking for if they were to find help from staff in other areas?

"Are they competent in holding a handle"

"Can they motion backwards and forwards in a sweeping motion"

Good hand eye coordination?

There was a bloke pushing water BACK on to the pitch. I'm sure the kid who'd got 150 pints of flat lager ready wouldn't be missed if they summoned him with a brush.

It amuses me that some people are still defending the indefensible, in spite of all the available evidence. Makes me wonder what agenda they have. In adverse weather at City stadium, I have seen at least 8-10 ground staff on the pitch at half time forking the pitch and replacing divots. City's pitch is also raised above the level of the surrounding terraces, so any surface water easily drains off, although the people in the first few rows might get wet feet.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    It amuses me that some people are still defending the indefensible, in spite of all the available evidence. Makes me wonder what agenda they have. In adverse weather at City stadium, I have seen at least 8-10 ground staff on the pitch at half time forking the pitch and replacing divots. City's pitch is also raised above the level of the surrounding terraces, so any surface water easily drains off, although the people in the first few rows might get wet feet.
    You actually count how many ground staff are out on the pitch when the weather is poor? Let's think about this for a moment, If poor weather is forecast, then a club can pull in the staff in order to be prepared for what is likely to come. A bit like bringing in extra staff at the bars and food places if there's a larger than average crowd. Thing is, that downpour wasn't forecast. If those grounds people had been employed by City, at our stadium, under the same circumstances, then you would be telling everyone that you had never seen such incredible sweeping action since the days of Franz Beckenbauer . Did Rotherham pull a few strokes? (pun intended) Yeah, probably. I can understand why people are unhappy about it, i'm not, it's fair game if you can get away with it, and i'd expect our club to do the same if we were ever in that position.

The pitch at Ninian Park could have had guttering running alongside the tracks outside the touchlines. Hell of a camber on it. Can only remember that Millwall game, which been mentioned, being abandoned through water logging.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    In adverse weather at City stadium, I have seen at least 8-10 ground staff on the pitch at half time forking the pitch and replacing divots.

I luvs you, I do. Brilliant!

If City employ eight to ten people to look after one football pitch, it's no wonder the club is so deep in debt. Having said that, they are probably paid with the proceeds of that massive Madine loan fee, so no big deal.

In such circumstances, I doubt there would be the need to provide evidence of a Diploma in Horticulture, just to push a squeegee.

Quite often, there's the home club's development players of various age groups sat somewhere in the stands, or failing that, perhaps some stewards could have been temporarily removed from their normal duties.

Regardless of the number of groundstaff who took part in the water clearing operation, it was the general ineptitude and lackadaisical approach to it all that has irked the City fans.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    I know this sounds completely crazy but could they have turned off the drainage system?
    I've only just spotted this because it was quoted further on. Classic, fair play. How could a club turn off the drainage system on a football pitch? Leave the plug in on the under-soil bath?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    In such circumstances, I doubt there would be the need to provide evidence of a Diploma in Horticulture, just to push a squeegee.
    That's assuming there was a plethora of squeegees to push. But I'm guessing they've only got a couple.

Saturday's downpour actually washed away the lines on the pitch. Don't know about anyone else, but I can't recall ever seeing that happen before in almost fifty years of watching the game.

If they were winning they would have ‘found’ much equipment and would have had an army of volunteers on the pitch.

It was just a freak downpour of biblical proportions that wasn’t forecast
    Never mind the what and what ifs
    We’ve got two weeks for Super Sabri to man manage and caress the players into the mould he wants
    I for one am impressed with Vinny long Trousers newestest Managerial appointment
    In Sabri we trust
    As for our inbred cousins along the M4 they’re going to be facing a much stronger Cardiff side than the one that capitulated last season
    Combine that with a sellout crowd and cracking atmosphere this is going to be a long two weeks wait ⚽️⚽️⚽️

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You actually count how many ground staff are out on the pitch when the weather is poor? Let's think about this for a moment, If poor weather is forecast, then a club can pull in the staff in order to be prepared for what is likely to come. A bit like bringing in extra staff at the bars and food places if there's a larger than average crowd. Thing is, that downpour wasn't forecast. If those grounds people had been employed by City, at our stadium, under the same circumstances, then you would be telling everyone that you had never seen such incredible sweeping action since the days of Franz Beckenbauer . Did Rotherham pull a few strokes? (pun intended) Yeah, probably. I can understand why people are unhappy about it, i'm not, it's fair game if you can get away with it, and i'd expect our club to do the same if we were ever in that position.
    " If those grounds people had been employed by City, at our stadium, under the same circumstances, then you would be telling everyone that you had never seen such incredible sweeping action since the days of Franz Beckenbauer".

A bit of an odd analogy that

"Yeah, probably. I can understand why people are unhappy about it, i'm not, it's fair game if you can get away with it".

Well, we'll have to disagree on that one.
    Are you really saying that when you rewatch videos which show a sprinkler in operation at halftime while already raining; the one guy with a broom by the advertising hoardings, casually strolling along with the broom raised off the floor, and of course, the one who was dragging the water back onto the pitch.. none of those scenes angered you?

That's assuming there was a plethora of squeegees to push. But I'm guessing they've only got a couple.

Saturday's downpour actually washed away the lines on the pitch. Don't know about anyone else, but I can't recall ever seeing that happen before in almost fifty years of watching the game.
    I can't ever recall pitch markings washing away like that in my lifetime either.
    I've seen huge puddles on council pitches whereby the line markings have stood up better. No, I cannot remember seeing such a blurred mess like that before in either football or rugby, for that matter.

I can't ever recall pitch markings washing away like that in my lifetime either.
    I've seen huge puddles on council pitches whereby the line markings have stood up better. No, I cannot remember seeing such a blurred mess like that before in either football or rugby, for that matter.
    Must be a conspiracy and Rotherham used kids washable paints to paint the lines

I've only just spotted this because it was quoted further on. Classic, fair play. How could a club turn off the drainage system on a football pitch? Leave the plug in on the under-soil bath?

Fair play

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Fair play
    Don’t encourage him…….although I did chuckle to myself haha

" If those grounds people had been employed by City, at our stadium, under the same circumstances, then you would be telling everyone that you had never seen such incredible sweeping action since the days of Franz Beckenbauer".

A bit of an odd analogy that

"Yeah, probably. I can understand why people are unhappy about it, i'm not, it's fair game if you can get away with it".

Well, we'll have to disagree on that one.
    Are you really saying that when you rewatch videos which show a sprinkler in operation at halftime while already raining; the one guy with a broom by the advertising hoardings, casually strolling along with the broom raised off the floor, and of course, the one who was dragging the water back onto the pitch.. none of those scenes angered you?
    No, honestly, i know that i'm a bit strange, but things like that don't wind me up, i find them slightly amusing. I'm certain that Rotherham were taking the piss (down) but it's a situation born out of two teams being mostly shit this season, if we were both mid table and rattling around,then maybe it would have been different, but neither of us are, so a bit of back handed piss taking is fine by me, even though i can fully understand why people aren't happy about it. It's me, not you (heard that plenty of times) And in my opinion it adds to what is a wonderful game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Did the TV show City fans having a go at that "groundsman"? It took a well-known travelling steward, a bouncer, several ordinary stewards with police in the background to calm the situation ehind our goal. He would have got lynched otherwise.