+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Players don't half make it hard for themselves.

The Players don't half make it hard for themselves.

Last night you could guarantee when an opportunity however remote arose, the player would make the wrong choice. Trying to go past a player when a pass was on, giving the ball to another player when there was a run on goal, passing to the wrong player when another was far better, crosses not reaching/going out of play [with 1 notable exception !] Philogene trying to lob the ball over a player when a pass was on - as early as the 3rd or 4th minute Ojo [!] not shooting when he'd gone on a mini-run.
    The players worked hard tonight to contain a free-flowing WBA and to create the occasional opening, and well done to them. At times we look what we are - a relegation-threatened side, but taking the better option is something we can definitely improve on.

Re: The Players don't half make it hard for themselves.

It's been a problem all season and, on last night's evidence, little has changed as the season has progressed.

I'm not sure how much you can improve an established player's decision-making. A player like Ojo, who has pace, a good touch and some skill, and works hard (at least in the last month or so) renders himself useless if he makes the wrong decision every time he gets the ball.I can't see how that part of his game will improve.
    I'm sure Philogene's decision making will improve as he matures. If so, he's good enough to make a name for himself in the top flight. If it doesn't, a career in the lower leagues beckons.