+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Palace sack Viera

Palace sack Viera

Palace have given Viera the boot along with his coaching staff. In an ideal world we’d be doing everything possible to get Osian Roberts in as Director of Football, I know it’s a pipe dream but he’s exactly the type of ‘football man’ we need. If only the board could be a bit more forward thinking they could grasp an opportunity to really move the club on.

Re: Palace sack Viera

If he wasnt Welsh ( and had been involved in the welsh setup ) we wouldn't be that inspired by him, MLS ( when it was crap ) and a non-league player, non league manager, then welsh coach and assistant manager

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    If he wasnt Welsh ( and had been involved in the welsh setup ) we wouldn't be that inspired by him, MLS ( when it was crap ) and a non-league player, non league manager, then welsh coach and assistant manager
    Apparently he is a good coach but DoF isn't a coaching job. I don't see anything in his CV to suggest he should be DoF.

Yesterday I read an article that suggested if he was sacked Palace would try to get Kompany or Carrick.
    I can't see either of them wanting to go there.

Osian Roberts would be a superb choice for Director of Football. He set up the excellent FAW coaching at Dragon Park where Viera, Arteta, Henry and Martinez cut their teeth.
    If that isn’t good enough for Cardiff City, then nothing is.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Apparently he is a good coach but DoF isn't a coaching job. I don't see anything in his CV to suggest he should be DoF.
    I agree, we should stick with Choo.

Giuseppe Marotta started as a scout.

Michael Edwards played as a reserve right back for Peterborough, was released and went into teaching (IT) before landing a job as tactics analyst at Portsmouth.

I certainly don’t think he should get a job at Cardiff just because he’s Welsh, his nationality is irrelevant. But his work at the FAW helped get the national team to the semifinals of the Euros and his work at Morocco helped them to similar success in the World Cup, in both roles he was much more than just an assistant manager or coach. I think he’s got a decent CV for a DoF, any appointment is a risk and he’d be no guarantee of success, but, he’s at the very least the sort of person we should be looking at if going down the DoF route, just my opinion, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

Football is pathetic these days

Crystal Palace should have enough to stay up but they are not entitled to

Never been that keen on Palace, want them to go down now.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    😃

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Never been that keen on Palace, want them to go down now.
    Nor me but I would rather Everton or Leeds get relegated

I think the sacking of viera and other managers in his position in clubs that are always going to be bottom eight or so is insane

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Nor me but I would rather Everton or Leeds get relegated

I think the sacking of viera and other managers in his position in clubs that are always going to be bottom eight or so is insane
    Palace have been in the Premier League for 9 seasons. Theyve finished in the bottom 8 just twice in those nine seasons.

They were in freefall under Viera and it is far from an insane decision.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Palace have been in the Premier League for 9 seasons. Theyve finished in the bottom 8 just twice in those nine seasons.

Shut it sonny.

Everton must die. Because they've got a history and lots of supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Football is pathetic these days

Crystal Palace should have enough to stay up but they are not entitled to
    Didn’t they go up in 2013 when we did first time, amazing to think they’ve been there ever since whereas we’ve…….

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Palace have been in the Premier League for 9 seasons. Theyve finished in the bottom 8 just twice in those

Bollocks

It's modern football

Spoilt owners and pampered fans

Staying in the top flight is a victory for clubs like Palace

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Didn’t they go up in 2013 when we did first time, amazing to think they’ve been there ever since whereas we’ve…….
    Which is why sacking their manager is idiotic

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    They finished nineteen points behind us that season and the thinking at the time was that the team that went up through the Play Offs were at a big disadvantage because they had less time to put a good squad together, yet they finished thirteen points above us in the Premier League. Hull who went up some eight points behind us also managed to turn it into a six points advantage a year later - real proof of how much we cocked up inour first season in the Premier League.

He has a house in Cardiff too

Everton or Palace to come down…hmm a weekend in Liverpool or a day out in Croydon?

He would be an incredible asset to Cardiff City.
    I'd love him back in the FAW framework too.

Id love Leeds and Forest to go down. Forest are safe I think though.

He did good work out in Morocco in a similar role.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Id love Leeds and Forest to go down. Forest are safe I think though.
    Leeds and Everton for me, joining Southampton in the relegation stakes