+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lamouchi

Lamouchi

Has he been gagged - ain’t heard anything from him after the game.

Re: Lamouchi

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    It was reported on Rob Phillips’ phone in that the EFL had ordered him not to speak about what happened after the game, but Wales Online made it sound like he’d decided not to say anything himself.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It was reported on Rob Phillips’ phone in that the EFL had ordered him not to speak about what happened after the game, but Wales Online made it sound like he’d decided not to say anything himself.
    So the EFL gagged him then.

Hopefully he can use the sense of injustice as motivation. Stuff the jacks then keep on winning!

I guess the EFL want to investigate before the manager speak. I bet he has plenty to say soon enough.

Rotherham’s manager has commented, though.

Taylor had lots to say:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64923241

Rotherham's match with Cardiff City was abandoned in the 47th minute because of an unplayable pitch following heavy rain at New York Stadium.

Cardiff had been leading 1-0 when referee Oliver Longford opted to take the players off the field and the English Football League (EFL) said it will review the decision.

Rain saw the match postponed after an inspection and a 45-minute delay.

Jaden Philogene had given Cardiff the lead after just five minutes.

Rotherham released a statement shortly after the postponement, saying the decision to call the game off will be reviewed by the EFL.

"Match referee Oliver Langford initially suspended play to allow the surface the opportunity to drain, but following a period in the dressing rooms, the pitch had not cleared and upon a further inspection, the game was called off," Rotherham said.

"The circumstances surrounding the abandonment will now be considered in-line with EFL regulations."

"Following the abandonment of this afternoon's Championship fixture between Rotherham United and Cardiff City, the circumstances surrounding this will now be considered in-line with EFL regulations," the EFL added.

It is understood Cardiff were unhappy with the decision to abandon the match.

A statement on Cardiff's website confirmed the postponement and said: "Further details will follow in due course."

Rotherham boss Matt Taylor said he felt the right decision had been made but admitted felt sympathy for travelling supporters.

"I didn't realise it had rained that hard. It was incredible and it wasn't forecasted," he said.

"We were not prepared for it. It hit the ground and within minutes of the second half being under way the referee made the right decision to take the players off the pitch.

"It was farcical. The ball was getting stuck and it was only a matter of time before a decision was made. The water was clearly not draining through. That is something that cannot be helped.

"It was a race against time to see if the pitch would improve at any stage. I told the players to stay ready because we had no timeframe."

Taylor felt continuing the game would have presented a safety risk.

"If we had gone back out there two hours later, the players are in a huge position of risk, not from the pitch itself but from cooling down and warming up again," he added.

"There is a bigger picture which has to be looked at.

"Sometimes there is nothing you can do about the weather. It was a downpour like we have never seen.

"I sympathise with their journey and their fans. We will replay the fixture."

Rumour has it that the club are going legal after yesterday’s debacle.

Oh great, another court case for us to lose

"the lord was captured in war and had to be ransomed"

And he hates the press .

Intelligent fella.

Makes sense. After all, it was clear conspiracy involving the referee, the EFL, Rotherham United FC, their ground staff, Howard Webb and God, who provided the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Makes sense. After all, it was clear conspiracy involving the referee, the EFL, Rotherham United FC, their ground staff, Howard Webb and God, who provided the rain.
    Rumour has it someone posted bollocks on social media about the club going legal, convincing many who rely on tweets and youtube videos for facts, that it must be true. It's on the internet, after all.

Lol 🤣

Agreed. It unnecessarily draws attention away from the fact that Rthram have inadequate facilites and staff. Fkin joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Agreed. It unnecessarily draws attention away from the fact that Rthram have inadequate facilites and staff. Fkin joke.
    I wonder how they'd cope with South Wales rain?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Dunno. Can't remember the last time we had a match abandoned midway through a game due to rain.

When constructing their spanking new stadium, I don't why they didn't think to put drains under the areas where there were massive puddles.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Dunno. Can't remember the last time we had a match abandoned midway through a game due to rain.

When constructing their spanking new stadium, I don't why they didn't think to put drains under the areas where there were massive puddles.
    And pumps.

Tan has God on the payroll so can’t be him.

It was pretty obvious that RUFC made next to zero effort to make the pitch playable. including leaving the sprinklers on. The guy with the pitchfork may as well not been out there.

Well they can make it rain in Dubai by cloud seeding.

I'm sure a few rich chairmen could have mustered a few quid together to send Welsh Cardiff city down.

I work outdoors day and night. I've never worked in **** all like that rain the way it flew down for 20 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I work outdoors day and night. I've never worked in **** all like that rain the way it flew down for 20 minutes
    Freak weather conditions occur. I was only watching the video of Motty at Wycombe recently. But the lack of effort by the staff at RUFC was laughable. I don't think that anything will happen. But I do feel we got done.

And pumps.
    They did order pumps but got sent a dozen pairs of daps instead.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Freak weather conditions occur. I was only watching the video of Motty at Wycombe recently. But the lack of effort by the staff at RUFC was laughable. I don't think that anything will happen. But I do feel we got done.
    I was just replying to the other post tbh, but yeah of course they do, I've been abroad and had rain like it plenty of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Oh great, another court case for us to lose