+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: From snowgate to watergate

From snowgate to watergate

5 years to the day 😳😳did Nigel Harris have inside information?

https://twitter.com/nigelblues/statu...ByhO84uKBN8t-g

Re: From snowgate to watergate

Aye course he did.

Some bloke that posts on another message board was privvy to information that only a handful of people knew. It was going to rain in march.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Aye course he did.

Some bloke that posts on another message board was privvy to information that only a handful of people knew. It was going to rain in march.
    I think the comment was tongue in cheek. You could start an argument in an empty lift.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I think the comment was tongue in cheek. You could start an argument in an empty lift.
    Why is it that being sarcastic is now considered being argumentative?

Why is it that being sarcastic is now considered being argumentative?
    I’m not arguing with you about it…………..hahaha

Having seen some of them videos this morning I can completely see why the game was called off. I don’t think even the most popular passionate groundsmen would have made a difference.

It’s frustrating but the key issues are the pathetic drainage and the poor EFL rules that are open to abuse.

Having seen some of them videos this morning I can completely see why the game was called off. I don’t think even the most popular passionate groundsmen would have made a difference.

It’s frustrating but the key issues are the pathetic drainage and the poor EFL rules that are open to abuse.
    You don't have to argue with me, I'm simply telling you I wasn't being argumentative 😘

I was watching the game, the pitch was a state, they made little to no effort to resolve it although the way the rain came down for 25 mins I can't recall seeing rain like that myself unless it just seemed that way from seeing it on a TV screen as opposed to being stood in it yourself...

The problem with this board is people tend to take a lot the wrong way, and also reply in a way they would in a normal conversation (as it's easier to understand tone etc face to face)

I reckon most of the issues we have on here wouldn't happen. I can have discussions with people about all sorts irl and it hardly ever gets heated, and I say things the same way I do on here, yet on here it's an instant argument.

I've replied in the "streams" thread too.

That reply wasn't being argumentative either, just pointing something out, but you can almost guarantee if they don't read this thread before replying it'll be considered an act of war because of the name of the poster who typed the reply. This type of thing doesn't happen outside the internet.

You don't have to argue with me, I'm simply telling you I wasn't being argumentative 😘

I was watching the game, the pitch was a state, they made little to no effort to resolve it although the way the rain came down for 25 mins I can't recall seeing rain like that myself unless it just seemed that way from seeing it on a TV screen as opposed to being stood in it yourself...

The problem with this board is people tend to take a lot the wrong way, and also reply in a way they would in a normal conversation (as it's easier to understand tone etc face to face)

I reckon most of the issues we have on here wouldn't happen. I can have discussions with people about all sorts irl and it hardly ever gets heated, and I say things the same way I do on here, yet on here it's an instant argument.
    100% mate. The written word is open to assumption.

The pitch was unplayable nqat and I doubt it would’ve recovered if we stood there for 3 hours.

The water just seemed to sit on the pitch but I don’t know if that’s a fair criticism as I’m not grass expert and the rain was biblical for 10 minutes.

Frustrating thing for me was that the game was never going to resume so I don’t know why we were kept standing there for almost an hour. The corner flag was underwater and some of the lines had washed away - how could a game ever be played on that?

Anyway, them’s the breaks as the great Boris Johnson says

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    The pitch was unplayable nqat and I doubt it would’ve recovered if we stood there for 3 hours.

The water just seemed to sit on the pitch but I don’t know if that’s a fair criticism as I’m not grass expert and the rain was biblical for 10 minutes.

Frustrating thing for me was that the game was never going to resume so I don’t know why we were kept standing there for almost an hour. The corner flag was underwater and some of the lines had washed away - how could a game ever be played on that?

Anyway, them’s the breaks as the great Boris Johnson says
    The ref had to go through a process of pitch inspection(s). He made sure he couldn't be open to any criticism for abandoning the match without due course. Rotherham on the other hand....

Do we have any posters who are grass experts? It would be interesting to hear their take on this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Do we have any posters who are grass experts? It would be interesting to hear their take on this.
    Mate, we've got multiple posters who have everyday jobs and lead normal lives, but with a keyboard can fix the world's problems in one big button bashing frenzy.