+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I misled MPs ......but didn't do it intentionally says Boris

Re: I misled MPs ......but didn't do it intentionally says Boris

naughty boy in front of the headmaster, he's above the law, thinks he can do anything. let the people decide who did obey the guidelines, no remorse......

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    😂
    I'm glad I've never been invited to a lefty party, the most boring ever, anyone for a prawn sandwich at a distance for two minutes half a shandy then off upstairs on their own?

In the normal World that's not a party by the way

Who cares he's gone?

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Did he really say that he thought there were “office gatherings” which the social distancing rules did not apply to?
    God your parties must be thrilling!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    God your parties must be thrilling!

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    He's trying to justify that holding a gathering for a leaving do is a justifiable and necessary workplace event.
    It's painful.
    Clearly broke the rules as did most of the Country, it was stupid, he should have known better.

It is plain daft to call them parties, they were gatherings, but still, against the rules, he was very stupid to say one thing and then do another, without banning cameras and swearing people to silence and making sure they were not fully covered up, but he probably thought it would never get out, which is also very daft.

Of course, it is blown out of all proportion though, more than half the Country broke one rule or another, including previous people commenting pretending to be holier than thou!

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not having a go at you personally Other Bob, just saying they were not really parties, although they were breaking the rules.

Not having a go at you personally Other Bob, just saying they were not really parties, although they were breaking the rules.
    Of course they were parties.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    He's trying to justify that holding a gathering for a leaving do is a justifiable and necessary workplace event.
    It's painful.
    He was always going to muddy the waters, I'm not going to bother watching it, he broke rules, everyone knows it, it's so boring.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Of course they were parties.
    Ok boring ones then, I wouldn't really call them a party but we can agree to differ, he was still breaking the rules whatever they were called.

Of course, it is blown out of all proportion though, more than half the Country broke one rule or another, including previous people commenting pretending to be holier than thou!
    The 'it' here isn't the parties or the breaking of Covid rules or guidance. That is bad, but the real issue is the Prime Minister of the time lying about 'it'. Taking that seriously is not 'out of all proportion'. It is the minimum we should expect.

I think anyone facing questions for three and half hours knowing they want him hung deserves to lose it, I'd rather call it tetchy as it should be, he answered the questions and defended his view in detail whatever one thinks is right and wrong.

I think he and was badly advised on all matters..as no one had been through this before.

And that guidance is what it's about did he miss lead if he simply read his guidance believing it to be true ( at the time)

Did he see parties, was he at all of them was he deceived and badly advised are the questions.??

Was he under pressure that no one has experienced since WW1/WW2.??

Did he feckup??

Did he do well at times during pandemic??

Do folk want him done no matter what?

Did anyone really nail him as guilty in my view it's a no

I think the charge he faces are inconclusive.. This is simply about what he said to parliament , did he believe what he said, did he purposely device them at the time I can't see how one can really determine what one believes in their own mind as we see it in so many different ways.. He believes it was a workplace and for him a home??

PS : The 100mph question was poor one as he wasn't there. Harriet who I respect was poor. Lovely big beads though...

So those people who didn't break any rules, and stating so, are being "holier than thou"?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    So those people who didn't break any rules, and stating so, are being "holier than thou"?
    Not if they never broke a single rule, traveling five miles, meeting a mate quietly etc, but they are very few unless they were terrified at the time, or very ill and scared to have any normality.

Some of the rules were pathetic and way over the top. In truth, I don't think there are many people who were fit and healthy, and under sixty that didn't break one single rule. You could go to work, but you couldn't see a mate outside?

It’s not the fact he broke the rules , it’s the fact they terrified a large percentage of the population with arbitrary diktats which were not required for a vast majority of the population, that was obvious when Cummings and Professor Lockdown were skanked early on.

International

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    It’s not the fact he broke the rules , it’s the fact they terrified a large percentage of the population with arbitrary diktats which were not required for a vast majority of the population, that was obvious when Cummings and Professor Lockdown were skanked early on.
    I'm more annoyed about the daft rules than Boris having a jam tart and a glass of wine in his house with his workmates.

what about Sir Bier , was that an event, was it a workplace , who was there , were police commissionaires their , who was outside in range rover , were his personal security folk involved their , no it was a with a pause for food lol and drink , and a lot of it late at night , in someone's else premises , maybe Durham police ran out of PNE's , I thought the Met were bad but they issued 80 PNE's Durham labour controlled police would have issue fixing my clothes line ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    what about Sir Bier , was that an event, was it a workplace , who was there , were police commissionaires their , who was outside in range rover , were his personal security folk involved their , no it was a with a pause for food lol and drink , and a lot of it late at night , in someone's else premises , maybe Durham police ran out of PNE's , I thought the Met were bad but they issued 80 PNE's Durham labour controlled police would have issue fixing my clothes line ??
    When are you going to stop annoying us and fix that bloody missing "K" character on your keyboard?

You may not be aware of this but a "bier" is a form of stretcher for transporting the dead. In the current circumstances and politically speaking it would be much more appropriate for you to refer to your twattish mate as 'Bier' Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Genuine question - what is a PNE?

I have ticked off Preston North End, Personal Navigation Assistant, Professional Nurse Advocate, Peptide Nucleic Acid and half a dozen more, and none of them seem relevant to Durham Police or Covid fixed penalty notices.

With or without beer bottles. With or without a random apostrophe.

I have ticked off Preston North End, Personal Navigation Assistant, Professional Nurse Advocate, Peptide Nucleic Acid and half a dozen more, and none of them seem relevant to Durham Police or Covid fixed penalty notices.

Is he trying to say pennies? Maybe Durham police were skint

In this particular case it might be Persona Non Erudite.