+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Places to stay in Cardiff

Places to stay in Cardiff

Daughter has her graduation in Cardiff in July. Good places to stay in the city these days for reasonable cost. Don’t mind paying a few quid but not being ripped off.

Any advice appreciated.

Re: Places to stay in Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Daughter has her graduation in Cardiff in July. Good places to stay in the city these days for reasonable cost. Don’t mind paying a few quid but not being ripped off.

Any advice appreciated.
    Have a look on Airbnb. Pontcanna, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post

Any advice appreciated.
    You tend to get what you pay for. Lots of airbnb around pontcanna area I think

Pontcanna campsiite. Pretty reasonable , handy for everything

You haven’t said how many of you will be travelling LW?
    The numbers make all the difference
    My daughter graduates from Bath University around the same time and we’ve booked an Airbnb
    There’s five of us and my little grandson so we’ve got a place to ourselves.
    It’s market forces I’m afraid mate
    It doesn’t matter where you go in the world because the hotels and such have mapped out their calendars according to what’s on locally inflating prices.
    The same Airbnb a week before in Bath is half the price- it’s gauling and a piss off but you either pay it or travel there and back the same day

If you want a hotel that’s central we stayed at The Park Gate which is part of the Celtic Manor brand. Very nice, all nice and new. Although being a guest doesn’t allow you to use the pool facilities, if you want to use the pool, steam room, sauna etc then for the two of us it was £70 which to me in crazy money.

I've tried most of the options mentioned but now stay in the Future Inn in Cardiff Bay. Nice large room, 2 double beds if there are a few of you and a free drink on arrival. Not cheap but I buy food in Wetherspoons within close walking distance. It's convenient if nothing else and costs around £100 per night.

Thank you all for the responses. Much appreciated. One of the reasons I love this messageboard! You are spot on S/up about Airbnb prices and graduation week. So after 24 hours of research we have booked the Future inn. Not the cheapest but they’ve also not gone mad because it is ‘that’ week. Looking forward to it as I spend most weekends driving up and back on the day, so will be nice to stay and enjoy a beer or 2. Thanks again.

Enjoy your day LW
    It’s a massive achievement and certainly something worth celebrating 🥳

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Enjoy your day LW
    It’s a massive achievement and certainly something worth celebrating ��
    Thank you. Intend to!

THE BEVERLEY its close to town and its a boozer with other boozers close
    https://www.innkeeperscollection.co....rgan-cardiff#/

Book now, because there'll be a couple of thousand parents all doing the same thing...