+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: FT: CROATIA 1 - 1 WALES. Match thread

FT: CROATIA 1 - 1 WALES. Match thread

Is Viaplay the only place you can watch the above game with English commentary ?

Re: Croatia v Wales

insta-lose

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    Is Viaplay the only place you can watch the above game with English commentary ?
    Just watch S4C, with the sound off, then put on radio Wales.

Pause the television until radio Wales matches the game on S4C

Simples

Thanks very much BLUETIT.

When is it

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Just watch S4C, with the sound off, then put on radio Wales.

Pause the television until radio Wales matches the game on S4C

Simples
    Or just watch it in welsh.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    When is it
    Tonight Saturday 25th 745 pm kick off mate

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke blue View Post
    Tonight Saturday 25th 745 pm kick off mate
    Thank you. I couldn’t find it on the sky sports fixture app, must have been looking in wrong section.

It's not on Sky it's only on S4C or Viaplay which is subscription streaming hence my question.

Why is it such a late kick off on a Saturday? (8:45pm local time?) I thought it would be on this morning. I'm going to miss it now. I have to go out this afternoon.

Oh well, Scotland v Cyprus it is then.

Re: CROATIA v WALES. Match thread, ko 7:45pm

Match Facts:

• Wales have never beaten Croatia in six previous meetings (D2 L4), with their most recent encounter a 1-1 draw in a Euro 2020 qualifier in October 2019.
    • Croatia have won their last three home matches against Wales, beating them in May 2010 (2-0, friendly), October 2012 (2-0, World Cup qualifier) and June 2019 (2-1, Euro qualifier).
    • Wales are winless in eight games in all competitions (D2 L6) since a 1-0 win over Ukraine in June 2022. It's Wales' longest winless run since going 12 games without a win between March 2000 and September 2001.
    • Croatia have won their last five matches in all competitions, last enjoying a longer winning run between October 2009 and May 2010 (6). (Assuming World Cup not included)
    • Wales have only lost five of their last 40 qualifying matches for major tournaments (W21 D14) and are unbeaten in their last nine such games (W6 D3). In European Championship qualifying, they have only lost three of their last 20 games (W12 D5).
    • Croatia have never lost a home European Championship qualifying match (P35 W27 D8), and have won the last five in a row. They've also never conceded more than twice on home soil in a Euros qualifier.
    • Since a run in which they scored 10 consecutive goals in open play between September 2020 and March 2021, more than half of Wales' last 26 goals have come via set pieces (14, 54%), scoring six via corners, two direct free-kicks, two indirect free-kicks and four penalties in that time.
    • Croatia's Ivan Perisic has been directly involved in four goals in his last six international appearances (1 goal, 3 assists) and scored what proved to be the Croatian's winning goal the last time they faced Wales on home soil in June 2019 in a 2-1 win.

How does this Viaplay work then, can we pay a one of purchase for the Wales game? Like a match pass?

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    How does this Viaplay work then, can we pay a one of purchase for the Wales game? Like a match pass?
    its the new name of premier sports its a subscription channel still

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Can't see that option but it's £14.99 a month (cancel anytime). So you could get two Wales games in that period as well as everything else it offers.

https://viaplay.com/gb-en/

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why is it such a late kick off on a Saturday? (8:45pm local time?) I thought it would be on this morning. I'm going to miss it now. I have to go out this afternoon.

Oh well, Scotland v Cyprus it is then.
    I've opted for Peterborough v Derby instead. NML is playing for Derby. I didn't know that. It's been all Derby so far but 0-0 at half time.

Not much quality on display. I see the comment "League 1 at best" bandied about on this forum quite often, I can't see much difference between either of these teams and us.

Croatia have still got players like Majer, Pasalic & Vlasic to come on from the bench. It's going to be a fun evening

Lots of streams free for this one.......https://footybite.to/Croatia-vs-Wales/8954

BBC have got us playing 4-4-2, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ampadu used in a back three.

The formations on BBC are their guesswork.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    BBC have got us playing 4-4-2, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ampadu used in a back three.
    I'd prefer him to play hybrid in front of two CB's as he can drop back when required.

FT: Armenia 1 - 2 Turkey

Opening game of Wales' group

We are going to get battered, absolutely nobody on that bench can offer us anything. I thought we had loads of world cup winners who didn't make the plane to Qatar because of the old boys club?

Not a game we need to win anyway, keep it tight and maybe snatch something respectable. For years this team has surprised me, i think we've been punching above our weight but maybe its my self-defense coping mechanism.

I would love a trip to Germany in a few years, come on Wales!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    FT: Armenia 1 - 2 Turkey

Opening game of Wales' group
    Wanted that to be a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    We are going to get battered, absolutely nobody on that bench can offer us anything. I thought we had loads of world cup winners who didn't make the plane to Qatar because of the old boys club?

Not a game we need to win anyway, keep it tight and maybe snatch something respectable. For years this team has surprised me, i think we've been punching above our weight but maybe its my self-defense coping mechanism.

I would love a trip to Germany in a few years, come on Wales!
    I think we're slipping back to where we were a decade ago. Bound to happen with such a small pool of players to choose from, but I really don't think Page is the one to get the best out of what's available. I know Ben Davies is out, but he would have been a much better choice of captain than Ramsey. Expecting a bit of a hammering tonight.