+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 3 SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The much better side won and that’s the worst Swansea team to have played us since they started dominating the fixture in 2019.
    Two poor Championship sides, and not a lot between them. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    Two poor Championship sides, and not a lot between them. Good luck for the rest of the season.
    Ultimately the difference was mentality.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 3 SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I assume all of their bench and staff were booked after the celebration. If they weren't, I should think a fine for failing to control their players should be in the pipeline.
    I don't think I've seen such an enthusiastic player celebration since we beat Palace in the semi of the Carling Cup. Utterly ridiculous.
    Plus a six point deduction and minus ten points at the start of next season.

I assume all of their bench and staff were booked after the celebration. If they weren't, I should think a fine for failing to control their players should be in the pipeline.
    I don't think I've seen such an enthusiastic player celebration since we beat Palace in the semi of the Carling Cup. Utterly ridiculous.
    99th minute winner in a derby game. What do you expect? We need to show even half the passion they do for the game. Might lay a glove on them at least then.

The only ridiculous and embarrassing thing today was our attitude and lethargy.

SuperBluebirds91

This situation is not going to change until money is spent and we bring in championship level players.

This today is not on our manager IMO but totally on the players. I believe Sabri can take us forward but we need the right players. Tbh I would almost go as far as saying 90% of the players aren’t good enough for this level. Until this changes we will be bottom 3-4 of the league or relegation. Things need to be sorted so that any transfer restrictions are lifted. Even if we don’t have the money to spend atleast we would have more choices. Our squad (most of the players) are league1 at best.

SuperBluebirds91

I didn’t go to the match but I just wondered why there was so much injury time? 11 mins? What on earth happened for there to be that much time? Was there a big injury or lots of small incidents? How can there be 11 mins? Unless there was a big incident.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBluebirds91 View Post
    I didn’t go to the match but I just wondered why there was so much injury time? 11 mins? What on earth happened for there to be that much time? Was there a big injury or lots of small incidents? How can there be 11 mins? Unless there was a big incident.
    5 minutes was shown on the board, but Perry NG was injured and received treatment for about the first 4 or 5. Then their goal celebration was another couple, so it was about right.

SuperBluebirds91

5 minutes was shown on the board, but Perry NG was injured and received treatment for about the first 4 or 5. Then their goal celebration was another couple, so it was about right.
    Ahh thanks I wasn’t sure where it came from but that explains it. Jammy buggers thought as if the injury hadn’t happened I doubt they would have scored. They were so lucky tbh!

Awful defending for all three of their goals.

The lack of desire to get to the ball clear and react at the end is our team in a nutshell. Bottlers when the chips are down and a majority of squad who simply can't be bothered.

Would not shed one tear if we didn't see almost all of them in a City shirt again. The board deserve most of the blame though as they've overseen this 'plan'.

Relegation a very real possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post

Yesterday was more about us than them.

They are in free fall. They have a manager who will see them steadily drop down the Championship.

We are just doing things in a much worse way and it showed. The way the board seem to think Cardiff City is being run in any competent way is alarming. Big changes are needed. Of course, on field changes can't be brought about with any great speed as the board have hamstrung us with their late payment of the Sala fee and embargo.

Yesterday told us nothing we didn't already know.

Couldn’t follow it on the radio yesterday and for the second year running the fixture hasn’t been televised, which probably tells you something about where these two clubs are at.

Trust the city to take our only (relatively) decent strength (defence) and ship in three goals against our biggest rivals (well, there was one team seemingly playing their biggest rivals at least).

Going to be a long month, can’t wait for this season to be over.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Trust the city to take our only (relatively) decent strength (defence) and ship in three goals against our biggest rivals (well, there was one team seemingly playing their biggest rivals at least).
    Swansea are very definitely City's biggest rivals. The attendance alone tells you that. No point in pretending otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    No surprises here from you, always the pragmatist.

No doubt the Bee and the friendless gunslinger bloke will be along in a minute boosting your opinion.

Jacks in disguise (well not City "fans").

Maybe you should leave the beer alone. You obviously can't handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Swansea are very definitely City's biggest rivals. The attendance alone tells you that. No point in pretending otherwise.
    Not pretending, I know they are. It just patently means more to them, from top to bottom. Would prefer it to be otherwise and, more importantly, that we had a better team than them.

Not pretending, I know they are. It just patently means more to them, from top to bottom. Would prefer it to be otherwise and, more importantly, that we had a better team than them.
    It does seem to mean more to them. What I find odd is City fans (not you, by the way) pretending that it doesn't really matter to us. That's embarrassing.

City's record in the last ten South Wales derbies is:

W 2, D 1, L 7, GF 4, GA 18

That's just appalling.

Couldn’t follow it on the radio yesterday and for the second year running the fixture hasn’t been televised, which probably tells you something about where these two clubs are at.

Going to be a long month, can’t wait for this season to be over.
    what is it with the radio ? i was listening to radio wales who advertised the game as live , had all the build up on only to go off at kick off

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    what is it with the radio ? i was listening to radio wales who advertised the game as live , had all the build up on only to go off at kick off
    If you were following BBC Wales via the internet then I think it would just be rights restrictions, presume the Beeb only have rights for non-internet feeds. If you were listening on the actual radio (or DAB) then should’ve been fine.

I live in London so can’t pick up the radio and normally listen to the city games on Radio Cymru on the internet. Until yesterday they’ve never blacked out a game because of restrictions. For whatever reason, yesterday’s game was the first that had in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It does seem to mean more to them. What I find odd is City fans (not you, by the way) pretending that it doesn't really matter to us. That's embarrassing.

City's record in the last ten South Wales derbies is:

W 2, D 1, L 7, GF 4, GA 18

That's just appalling.

They're clearly in denial. It obviously does matter, they only need to look at the post-match reaction on this forum to see that.

The biggest load of cobblers is city fans saying Bristol City are our biggest rivals

Now that is complete denial

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The biggest load of cobblers is city fans saying Bristol City are our biggest rivals

I agree.

When I first started supporting the City in the early 70s, Swansea were not even on the radar. However, that all changed when Toshack took them from the old 4th Division to the then 1st division.

The kind of arrogance that we need to eradicate from the club. Only then will we compete with the jacks

Absolutely, it doesn't make any sense. They're not rivals because they're just another English club out of so many.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Absolutely, it doesn't make any sense. They're not rivals because they're just another English club out of so many.
    That’s not really true. I’d agree Swansea are our biggest rivals but there is a historical rivalry with Bristol City and it’s on their side too. Bristol is closer as the crow flies than Swansea, so they’re not just any English club.

Ultimately you can’t force it I guess. It is what it is, it’s cultural and ingrained in a way “down west” that it doesn’t appear to the same degree with our fan base or club, what feels like to our detriment at times.

Symbolic more than anything but saw a vid by the swans’ media team before the game that I simply couldn’t see ours doing an equivalent (unless I missed it). What happens on the pitch is obviously the most important thing but it feels somewhat emblematic to me.

I’ve just accepted it means more to the average Jack and much more to their club than ours. Doesn’t make a loss like yesterday or our woeful recent record any easier to swallow.