+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reading to be deducted six points - CONFIRMED

Reading to be deducted six points - CONFIRMED

Re: Reading to be deducted six points

Will put them below us.
    Not a great way to possibly avoid relegation but needs must.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Will put them below us.
    It isn't

Not a great way at all

After tomorrow they have 7 games remaining. I'd be really p****d off if they docked my club with just 7 matched remaining. At this late stage and with relegation a possibility, game management becomes more and more critical. As things stand, if you were Ince you may be inclined to settle for a point whereas with 6 points less you may go for a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    After tomorrow they have 7 games remaining. I'd be really p****d off if they docked my club with just 7 matched remaining. At this late stage and with relegation a possibility, game management becomes more and more critical. As things stand, if you were Ince you may be inclined to settle for a point whereas with 6 points less you may go for a winner.
    if they don't like it then they shouldn't have broken the rules again

Don’t care how we stay up, if it means points deductions for other teams so be it.

They broke the FFP rules, then they broke the agreement they made to solve it and now they have done it again. It is entirely their own fault that this is being done with only 7 games left. Really they should be deducted 10 or 12 points for multiple breaches. How anyone can give them any sympathy is beyond me. And yes, if we did the same thing I would say the same.

Good - horrible club and a horrible manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Good - horrible club and a horrible manager.
    I have no time for Ince but to describe Reading as a 'horrible club' seems a bit harsh.

It would be nice if we could, just for once, be successful (whether that's staying up or getting promoted) because we have a better team than others, with, you know, better, more skillful and talented footballers. It sometimes feels Cardiff City rely on set pieces and points deductions.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    I have no time for Ince but to describe Reading as a 'horrible club' seems a bit harsh.

It would be nice if we could, just for once, be successful (whether that's staying up or getting promoted) because we have a better team than others, with, you know, better, more skillful and talented footballers. It sometimes feels Cardiff City rely on set pieces and points deductions.
    It wasn’t that long ago they accused our fans of racist and homophobic chanting - like I said horrible club.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    It wasn’t that long ago they accused our fans of racist and homophobic chanting - like I said horrible club.
    I agree

We beat them the other week

I guess doing that within the rules is key.

We have been successful lots of times by being the better team.

We got promoted twice without needing point deductions and stayed up last season irrespective of other team’s point deductions.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Will put them below us.
    It's fine by me. They're getting points deducted because they broke the rules. I have no problem with that.

We stayed up last season without the help of a points deduction? When did a deduction help us to promotion?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It's fine by me. They're getting points deducted because they broke the rules. I have no problem with that.
    Exactly.

The self righteous CCMB does my head in at times.

The merits/justification of the points deduction wasn't my point. It was leaving a decision on the deduction until 7 or fewer games to go. A manager in Ince's position would play games differently with 6 points deducted.

The merits/justification of the points deduction wasn't my point. It was leaving a decision on the deduction until 7 or fewer games to go. A manager in Ince's position would play games differently with 6 points deducted.
    How many games left should they have then?

They're looking to deduct Everton points this season, although it probably won't happen this season, but if it did it would leave it extremely late for them...

Rotherham don’t care about us I Don’t care about Reading the way I see it simple

I wonder how many other club’s fans would shed a tear if we were kicked out of the league completely? There’d be f*cking street parties!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I wonder how many other club’s fans would shed a tear if we were kicked out of the league completely? There’d be f*cking street parties!!!!
    Refs would get bored quick, they'd have to find another team to give decisions against...

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    How many games left should they have then?

They're looking to deduct Everton points this season, although it probably won't happen this season, but if it did it would leave it extremely late for them...
    Surely there should be a 'cut-off' time for points deductions - I'd say 10 games minimum. Either they've broken the rules or they haven't. Especially in a relegation battle [as is the case with most clubs incurring points deductions], it affects all those other clubs at the bottom of the league. A six point deduction at the start is different to one with 5 or 6 games left.

Surely there should be a 'cut-off' time for points deductions - I'd say 10 games minimum. Either they've broken the rules or they haven't. Especially in a relegation battle [as is the case with most clubs incurring points deductions], it affects all those other clubs at the bottom of the league. A six point deduction at the start is different to one with 5 or 6 games left.
    There's rules for bloody everything now.

Behave or face the consequences.