+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Relegation candidates

Relegation candidates

Difficult to see Wigan avoiding drop, despite their win today. Blackpool must be favourites as well. Clearly they must beat City to have any chance.
    Reading, if they lose 6 points are in bad form, as are QPR. Apart from that Rotherham. The replayed game could be pivotal and tasty.
    So I think it's down to
    City
    Reading
    QPR
    Rotherham
    Blackpool
    Wigan

For the drop
    Really not confident about City's chances. Think 2 more wins might be enough though.

Re: Relegation candidates

We deserve to go down for the first half an hour and the way we defended that last gasp free kick.

The whole season has been a complete disaster.

Weve gone from in the last few seasons from a big physical side with power and pace and some players who could play a bit , to a big physical side who couldn't play much but still good enough to stay out of trouble. To this lot who cant play and have little or no physical threat.

The last window was a disaster.

Take out our loans and this lot are bottom half L1.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The whole season has been a complete disaster.

Weve gone from in the last few seasons from a big physical side with power and pace and some players who could play a bit , to a big physical side who couldn't play much but still good enough to stay out of trouble. To this lot who cant play and have little or no physical threat.

The last window was a disaster.

Take out our loans and this lot are bottom half L1.
    Comparing with the likes of Sheff Wed, etc, I'd agree.

We are more than just candidates

We were absolutely shite today against an average Swansea side

It will surely be no surprise if we go down

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We deserve to go down for the first half an hour and the way we defended that last gasp free kick.
    The first 30 mins we looked like a pub team after a saturday night session. They did everything they could to waste time et c- cant blame them for that - 2-2 would have been a fair result. But you could almost see that final goal coming.

Shame - and it looks like going to the last game of the season. On a positive - I was up in 4th level today - first time ever - and an enjoyable experience spoilt by game.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    We are more than just candidates

We were absolutely shite today against an average Swansea side

It will surely be no surprise if we go down
    It will suprise some.

Weve a decent squad apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Difficult to see Wigan avoiding drop, despite their win today. Blackpool must be favourites as well. Clearly they must beat City to have any chance.
    Reading, if they lose 6 points are in bad form, as are QPR. Apart from that Rotherham. The replayed game could be pivotal and tasty.
    So I think it's down to
    City
    Reading
    QPR
    Rotherham
    Blackpool
    Wigan

For the drop
    Really not confident about City's chances. Think 2 more wins might be enough though.
    Blackpool, despite being terrible will be so up for it v us. I have a feeling we are going down which I couldn’t see a few weeks ago, we looked well clear at half time v Rotherham. We just appear to be doomed, shocking owner and mgt for years, hard to believe we have any fans left after the last 10 yrs but we still show up like a bunch of masochists…..lose next week and it’s league 1.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    So I think it's down to
    City
    Reading
    QPR
    Rotherham
    Blackpool
    Wigan

For the drop

In this order, the bottom three will go down I think, we will be clear. Current form guide
    https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=2

Cardiff
    Rotherham
    Huddersfield
    Reading
    QPR
    Blackpool
    Wigan

Beat Blackpool we will definitely stay up!

I think the league is poor but the bottom 6 really poor. Weve Blackpool and Huddersfield to play. We need to win both.

I think the league is poor but the bottom 6 really poor. Weve Blackpool and Huddersfield to play. We need to win both.
    With the 'luck' we have had this season - and not being allowed to sign anyone for the foreseeable future - I'm really starting to fear for the club. Plenty of other bigger clubs have had the same experience and have struggled to make it back.

I think the league is poor but the bottom 6 really poor. We've Blackpool and Huddersfield to play. We need to win both.
    Yes....those are THE must wins.....win those we will be ok - could also include the Rotherham game - 2 out of 3....

Can you see this group of bottlers doing anything against a Neil Warnock managed Huddersfield? They'll be way too physical and up for it against our shrinking violets.