+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Humiliating

Re: Humiliating

Quote Originally Posted by SgorioFruit View Post
    haha love it, lucky for me i dont take football serious, but love a good laugh, today has been a good laugh. tomorrow yes i will wake up still laughing, crappy town? At least we got a beach, haha, where's your beach? You got sludge.
    I thought you had the rub of the green today , but congratulations on the win , now go out and enjoy your evening celebrating your result.

International

haha love it, lucky for me i dont take football serious, but love a good laugh, today has been a good laugh. tomorrow yes i will wake up still laughing, crappy town? At least we got a beach, haha, where's your beach? You got sludge.
    Ha ha bless you are proud that you've got a beach full of Cardiff's, Port Talbot and Swansea towns sewage, have a nice swim in there you clown

great, lets keep him, will still be above Cardiff in the league and beat you both home and away.

double double double, is it a treble double, or a quadruple, or a treble double? im losing count
    Well, if we are your yardstick, then more power to you. There's this thing going on with Russ and us, the stars align when we play each other. Never have i seen a more puerile coach than Martin, and i mean Never, he doesn't deviate, which will be the death of him, i mean, even Pep and co mix it up, needs must etc, but there always seems to be some method with what they are doing. Back on point-Martin's style of play and tactics are completely suited to beating us, and beating us well, we simply can't cope with how you play, yet there are plenty of other sides that deal with you comfortably and that don't make you look like Real Madrid. It is evidence that suggests that we are still playing a brand of 90s style football, and that you lot, well, you've just got our number under Russ. I suppose it's of some consolation.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He’s available on a free transfer though.
    I have signed a one year extension on a pay as you play basis

I was cringing at some getting so angry with the Jack.

Then he comes out with "at least weve got a beach" 🤣🤣🤣

Some light after a shit day.

They were far better than than us and to an extent that was to be expected , the disappointment for me was was the lack of passion, skill on the ball , ability to change the game .. etc ..

We were poor .

To be fair, our miserable record against the jacks is not down to the fans - what the club has done on the pitch, and off it in terms of policy and selection of managers, is totally responsible for the current situation. What has Cardiff City done in this fixture since 2019 to deserve an attendance like today’s?
    Hasn't Martin faced a different manager in each derby? I imagine that has something to do with how disjointed we are

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Well, if we are your yardstick, then more power to you. There's this thing going on with Russ and us, the stars align when we play each other. Never have i seen a more puerile coach than Martin, and i mean Never, he doesn't deviate, which will be the death of him, i mean, even Pep and co mix it up, needs must etc, but there always seems to be some method with what they are doing. Back on point-Martin's style of play and tactics are completely suited to beating us, and beating us well, we simply can't cope with how you play, yet there are plenty of other sides that deal with you comfortably and that don't make you look like Real Madrid. It is evidence that suggests that we are still playing a brand of 90s style football, and that you lot, well, you've just got our number under Russ. I suppose it's of some consolation.
    We're probably the perfect team for a side like Swansea to play - a disjointed sort of halfway house between hoofball and passing football that offers no specific threat

Sure we can rally and look threatening for a few minutes, but soon the better-drilled side takes over again and we lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We're probably the perfect team for a side like Swansea to play - a disjointed sort of halfway house between hoofball and passing football that offers no specific threat

Sure we can rally and look threatening for a few minutes, but soon the better-drilled side takes over again and we lose it.
    Yes, that's it, you said it better than me. Forget Swansea, it's about us. We are the perfect team and club for them to play, in every respect, even when we beat them they looked better, apart from the game when Bellamy scored that goal at their place. It's just coincidence that they are our rivals, it reflects more on us than it does them, and that's what i believe that fans should take away from the situation. They have our number so badly, and Russ can work us out so easily, that we would lose to them 9 times out of 10, and they'd still look better in the game that they lost. Nothing anyone can do about it, it's our tactics and style of play,not theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    That attitude is why we keep losing. It means everything to me and many others. The sooner we accept that and stop being so Fcking arrogant the better.
    We keep losing because we keep picking the wrong side and we have too many squad pegs in round holes.

Yesterday we should have pressed them from the word go, we just did a bit. A bit is worse than nothing, if you all don’t do it, there are huge gaps and that’s why Swansea could play 3 passes and be in.

Re the square pegs etc, I never, ever want to see Rino and Ralls play in the same side. God they’re limited. Ralls has gone so far backwards it is untrue. Wintle is a crab but at least he can take a touch. Sawyers under Sabri has been a breath of fresh air. McG was left so isolated at LCB, and Ng is always 5 yards too deep. Kaba is a truly awful footballer but he scores, so you need to play Etete or Wickham up with him.

Swansea beat us because we are a complete mess on and off the field. If we could keep the ball, we’d beat them. If we could make it difficult, go direct, frustrate etc, we’d beat them. They are crap but we aren’t anything. Morison wanted to play football, and yet our most of our CMs can’t play, and we aren’t good enough up top or defensively to soak up pressure and break. Another huge summer and we can’t spend. One benefit is that so many of our players look better under Sabri than the previous two managers. Losing Kipre and Philogene isn’t exactly ideal though…

They’ve only won 4 games or so since November ffs….we always give them way too much respect. They were there for the taking, again.

SuperBluebirds91

I’m laughing to myself because they still have to go back to being them once all the hype and celebrations of the Derby win is over.

Even after all our club has been through with the ups and many downs - they are still much more of a laughing stock. They still have be Swansea and atleast we can go back to supporting a decent club after all is said and done. Before anyone says Decent? I’m not on about current form and the problems on and off the pitch. I’m on about the club and it’s history. The fact that we are Cardiff. The fact that they are Swansea. Even their kit looks like something pulled from a skip! Glad I’m a Cardiff fan despite all the double double wins etc etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Sol Bamba before kick off went out of his way to shake every member of their staffs hand, looking very welcoming. He must have shook about 10 peoples hands. Strange

Also, for anyone who’s been to the Liberty, you’ll know they have 1 bar for us, the queue is ridiculous, with 2 or 3 people working it, compared to us opening 3 or 4 bars for them, we’re way too nice and welcoming. The distance from the away corner to ninian is miles too. Where’s the intimidation factor gone.
    That's why we lost, offering a decent ish bar/food service... All I ever hear is how overpriced and shit the bars are at Cardiff City Stadium, unless we lose to Swansea and all of a sudden there was a too many staff to fans ratio in the away stand.

Why have a race to the bottom in the first place? Shouldn't all football grounds just be a decent place to get a pint and something to eat? Best not set our standards by how we are treated at other places surely?

Yes, that's it, you said it better than me. Forget Swansea, it's about us. We are the perfect team and club for them to play, in every respect, even when we beat them they looked better, apart from the game when Bellamy scored that goal at their place. It's just coincidence that they are our rivals, it reflects more on us than it does them, and that's what i believe that fans should take away from the situation. They have our number so badly, and Russ can work us out so easily, that we would lose to them 9 times out of 10, and they'd still look better in the game that they lost. Nothing anyone can do about it, it's our tactics and style of play,not theirs.
    Cardiff City, under this ownership anyway, has an addictive personality that, like the hopeless alcoholic, cannot keep it away from the thing which is so damaging to them/it. We have an unhealthy and completely illogical obsession with dated, long ball football where the skill to give and receive a pass is an optional extra and flair and creativity plays second fiddle to size and strength. After a half hearted attempt to kick the habit a few months back that only lasted ten games, we've been progressively falling further further back under the influence of the demon hoofball as the season has progressed - none of this fully explains why we go to pieces every time we face the jacks though, even this season we've beaten much better sides than them.

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue View Post
    That's why we lost, offering a decent ish bar/food service... All I ever hear is how overpriced and shit the bars are at Cardiff City Stadium, unless we lose to Swansea and all of a sudden there was a too many staff to fans ratio in the away stand.

Why have a race to the bottom in the first place? Shouldn't all football grounds just be a decent place to get a pint and something to eat? Best not set our standards by how we are treated at other places surely?
    Putting one reason for our defeat being the bar service in the away end has to be one of the most bizarre posts I will ever read, be it on here or in the Daily Mail.
    Last edited by Dave Blue; 02-04-23 at 09:17. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Hasn't Martin faced a different manager in each derby? I imagine that has something to do with how disjointed we are
    Yes, McCarthy, Morison, Hudson and Lamouchi.

Cardiff City, under this ownership anyway, has an addictive personality that, like the hopeless alcoholic, cannot keep it away from the thing which is so damaging to them/it. We have an unhealthy and completely illogical obsession with dated, long ball football where the skill to give and receive a pass is an optional extra and flair and creativity plays second fiddle to size and strength. After a half hearted attempt to kick the habit a few months back that only lasted ten games, we've been progressively falling further further back under the influence of the demon hoofball as the season has progressed - none of this fully explains why we go to pieces every time we face the jacks though, even this season we've beaten much better sides than them.
    And the attempt made under morison was never going to work, it was a reaction rather than a thought process. The club is lazy and it takes the lazy way out, time after time. We have two people in choo and Dalman who have no idea of what is needed, everything they do seems to be a reaction. We also seem to have plenty of fans who go along with shite hopeful football and see it as some kind of badge of honour, i don't know why that is-Is it social, demographic, historical, something to do with the make up of south wales, hard work, just get on with it, graft before guile?Idon't know, bit there seems to be an acceptance towards playing a style of football that even in the past 5 years has fallen of the proverbial cliff.

If we as a club carry on in the way that we are, then we are ****ed,because we are on the slide. Stagnation is the best we can hope for. Plenty of other clubs bring players in with potential and make them better, or improve young players who possess ability, we do neither, you could argue that we make them worse. There's a fundamental problem at the club and i'd say that it's the people or person who runs it, and He or they have got themselves in such a mess that turning around and starting again isn't an option anymore.

I don't rate Swansea, but one thing they have been decent at is improving players and making a profit on them. I don't rate Perry Ng or Wintle that much either, but i reckon that if they had ended up at Swansea then they would now be better players than they are with us, in fact, i'm certain of it, because both of them have a touch, and in wintle, he does have the ability to play with his head up. If he was playing for Swansea yesterday then i reckon that he would have murdered us with short passes and little movements to create angles etc. He doesn't have a chance with us. Something has to give.

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    They’ve only won 4 games or so since November ffs….we always give them way too much respect. They were there for the taking, again.
    They raise their game, and we freeze it happens time after time!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    City's season won't be defined by a home defeat to a lower half Championship club, and I've always been able to take the regular defeats to Swansea 'on the chin', so-to-speak. But today felt a particularly humiliating afternoon - their players broke ranks before the customary handshakes, their manager walked over to their fans before the game started and got them going, and the whole club and officials ended on the pitch when they scored their 3rd. They also looked full of confidence straight from the KO whilst we seemed like frightened rabbits in the headlights. The scenes at the final whistle were hard to take. Martin got it so right, from the start.
    It is pantomime season and they took full advantage - as we would do if it was us at their council owned show ground.
    They didnt wn a cup yesterday - but they did win a "doube" as their infamous banner said.

And the attempt made under morison was never going to work, it was a reaction rather than a thought process. The club is lazy and it takes the lazy way out, time after time. We have two people in choo and Dalman who have no idea of what is needed, everything they do seems to be a reaction. We also seem to have plenty of fans who go along with shite hopeful football and see it as some kind of badge of honour, i don't know why that is-Is it social, demographic, historical, something to do with the make up of south wales, hard work, just get on with it, graft before guile?Idon't know, bit there seems to be an acceptance towards playing a style of football that even in the past 5 years has fallen of the proverbial cliff.

If we as a club carry on in the way that we are, then we are ****ed,because we are on the slide. Stagnation is the best we can hope for. Plenty of other clubs bring players in with potential and make them better, or improve young players who possess ability, we do neither, you could argue that we make them worse. There's a fundamental problem at the club and i'd say that it's the people or person who runs it, and He or they have got themselves in such a mess that turning around and starting again isn't an option anymore.

I don't rate Swansea, but one thing they have been decent at is improving players and making a profit on them. I don't rate Perry Ng or Wintle that much either, but i reckon that if they had ended up at Swansea then they would now be better players than they are with us, in fact, i'm certain of it, because both of them have a touch, and in wintle, he does have the ability to play with his head up. If he was playing for Swansea yesterday then i reckon that he would have murdered us with short passes and little movements to create angles etc. He doesn't have a chance with us. Something has to give.
    Good post Tuerto and interesting stuff about Wintle and Ng

Tuerto always makes constructive well laid out posts and talks a lot of sense(apart from his blindspot with Colwill)
    If you take his post to the next logical step as to why we don't appear to improve players, then it can only be that we don't have the right coaching staff in place with the ability to do that!
    I'd like to think that the manager and his assistant Sol are looking at this from a fresh perspective and have identified that the backroom team are just not good enough.
    We need to clear out the deadwood in the squad and behind the scenes.

Good post Tuerto and interesting stuff about Wintle and Ng
    Tend to agree.

Said elsewhere that over the years the way swansea play is like kryptonite to our incoherent approach to football and our annual punts of being a football club.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Tuerto always makes constructive well laid out posts and talks a lot of sense(apart from his blindspot with Colwill)
    If you take his post to the next logical step as to why we don't appear to improve players, then it can only be that we don't have the right coaching staff in place with the ability to do that!
    I'd like to think that the manager and his assistant Sol are looking at this from a fresh perspective and have identified that the backroom team are just not good enough.
    We need to clear out the deadwood in the squad and behind the scenes.
    This is arguably even more important now that we can't bring in anybody that costs a fee of any description for a fair while yet.