+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The blame game

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The blame game

The consensus of fans is that the team is simply too poor.
    Three managers appointed by Tan and his advisors have failed to produce good results.
    Most of the present team were signed by Morison as part of his daft experiment of buying cut-price players with no predigree.
    He was allowed to do this by Tan and whoever was advising him in the hope that City would stay up 'on the cheap'.
    He/they are ultimately to blame for City's present position.

Re: The blame game

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Three managers appointed by Tan and his advisors have failed to produce good results.
    Most of the present team were signed by Morison as part of his daft experiment of buying cut-price players with no predigree.
    He was allowed to do this by Tan and whoever was advising him in the hope that City would stay up 'on the cheap'.
    Morison's experiment?

Do you think Morison actually chose to assemble a squad with 3 buttons and a Curly Wurly?

No, the plans all start and end with Tan, including employing Morison as a manager in the first place. Tan is the problem, or more specifically his inability to run a football club or learn from mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Morison's experiment?

Do you think Morison actually chose to assemble a squad with 3 buttons and a Curly Wurly?

No, the plans all start and end with Tan, including employing Morison as a manager in the first place. Tan is the problem, or more specifically his inability to run a football club or learn from mistakes.
    Morison picked the players. They’re all wrong. There’s no balance, they’re all solid but there’s no creativity or goals. Morison’s side didn’t have room for flair or creativity in the middle, it all had to come from out wide. That’s why we were so easy to stop. Morison never should have got the job, and once he did he should have used the back end of last season to test what worked in the 433.

I bet our budget is still decent, we’ve spent £2m on Robinson and Etete. Rotherham’s budget will be dwarfed by ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Morison picked the players. They’re all wrong. There’s no balance, they’re all solid but there’s no creativity or goals. Morison’s side didn’t have room for flair or creativity in the middle, it all had to come from out wide. That’s why we were so easy to stop. Morison never should have got the job, and once he did he should have used the back end of last season to test what worked in the 433.

I bet our budget is still decent, we’ve spent £2m on Robinson and Etete. Rotherham’s budget will be dwarfed by ours.
    Yes he would have played a part in picking the players along with our illustrious transfer committee and signed off by the head of that transfer committee. The same people who picked him to be manager.

It doesn't matter what your budget is if you have a board that excels in incompetence.

Morison's experiment?

True - and that is not going to change any time soon - unless you are a secret billionaire. We can only hope that Tan learns from his mistakes, sacks Dalman and Choo, appoints someone full time to run the sh1t show and someone who can advise Tan where he is going wrong and why he is losing so much money per month.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    True - and that is not going to change any time soon - unless you are a secret billionaire. We can only hope that Tan learns from his mistakes, sacks Dalman and Choo, appoints someone full time to run the sh1t show and someone who can advise Tan where he is going wrong and why he is losing so much money per month.
    I agree. It won't change while fans just sit by and accept whatever happens regardless of the way the club is run.

Football has changed in Britain but Cardiff City fans are unrecognisable compared to what they once were.

Any change brought about by Tan would mean he acknowledges that he has done something wrong. That isn't going to happen with his ego and entourage of yes men.

Tan is rarely going to admit he has got something wrong until he can prove he put it right. Numerous managers, players have come and gone - not much has changed. I think the current manager knows what is required - but without being able to bring in a coupe of players and let a few go - he is very restricted in showing what he can achieve. In chees terms we are somewhere between check and check mate

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Tan is rarely going to admit he has got something wrong until he can prove he put it right. Numerous managers, players have come and gone - not much has changed. I think the current manager knows what is required - but without being able to bring in a coupe of players and let a few go - he is very restricted in showing what he can achieve. In chees terms we are somewhere between check and check mate
    It is one hell of a job with cash to spend and a competent board.

As it is we have nothing to spend due to mismanagement of the Sala affair by the club. We also have an owner on board who are seemingly more interested in getting some joy out of the Sala case than our perilous position in the Championship.

Still, not long until Lamouchi is sacked, and the club start again. Groundhog Day.

Yes he would have played a part in picking the players along with our illustrious transfer committee and signed off by the head of that transfer committee. The same people who picked him to be manager.

It doesn't matter what your budget is if you have a board that excels in incompetence.
    These players were signed to fit his system. They weren’t chosen by accident. They’ve not picked them at random.

Our squad was also enormous under Morison. Why on Earth did we sign Simpson when we had 4/5 other centre halves?

We still have absolute dross like Whyte on the books. We have 3 right backs, not including Ng. It is mental. Our budget has been wasted on garbage and the money has been spread way too thinly.

These players were signed to fit his system. They weren’t chosen by accident. They’ve not picked them at random.

Our squad was also enormous under Morison. Why on Earth did we sign Simpson when we had 4/5 other centre halves?

We still have absolute dross like Whyte on the books. We have 3 right backs, not including Ng. It is mental. Our budget has been wasted on garbage and the money has been spread way too thinly.
    And Morison wasn't chosen by accident was he?

The board picked a bloke out of his depth and then assembled a squad with him.

We can keep blaming the conveyor belt of idiots this lot put in the managerial position or look at the real issue. The board is not fit for purpose.

They get it right once in a while but they make $hit decisions with alarming regularity and are still doing.

If putting cheap managers in and spending little on the squad was in any way successful then all clubs would be doing it. There is a reason they aren't and that is because it produces crap results and you end up getting relegated.

Our Carry On Board have now compounded the situation by getting us into an embargo. Jokers the lot of them.

And Morison wasn't chosen by accident was he?

The board picked a bloke out of his depth and then assembled a squad with him.

We can keep blaming the conveyor belt of idiots this lot put in the managerial position or look at the real issue. The board is not fit for purpose.

They get it right once in a while but they make $hit decisions with alarming regularity and are still doing.
    You just change your argument depending on ways to attack Tan.

Once one point gets disproven, you move onto another. Tan isn’t a good owner, he never has been. Nobody thinks that he is.

You just change your argument depending on ways to attack Tan.

Once one point gets disproven, you move onto another. Tan isn’t a good owner, he never has been. Nobody thinks that he is.
    I don't change any argument.

It is that people here want to blame the manager while conveniently ignoring the fact that Tan and his merry men pick the manager, give them a budget, discuss transfers with said manager and Tan signs them off. If the manager is crap then that is the fault for the board that picked him. If the squad that the manager they picked puts together is crap then that is on them. Even moreso when they have a transfer committee. Why have a transfer committee and just throw the manager under the bus every time?

I've missed what you have disproven. What have you provided evidence of or disproved?

Aren't you just saying the same thing?

Morison is responsible for this season's mess. He was tasked to ready a squad to mount a championship challenge and failed dismally. Yes, allegedly there is a transfers committee, but is the manager asking the owner to fund a player transfer any different to how football was in yesteryear? I am sure Tan knew loads about Jack Simpsons time at Rangers or Etete's time at Cheltenham. But he had to back the person YOU placed in charge and to an extent he did.

Therein lies the problem. Vinny has no plan, vision, or idea of how to make this little adventure pay without losing bucketloads of his cash.
    Experiment 1 was throwing loads of cash at a young manager you originally liked to get promoted then deciding you never received enough Kudos, then going big on a "name" and backing him....realise that was crap go old school "manager". Then a wild gamble that looked good on paper, then a "messiah" whose dealings are best left unsaid...... and so on until we spiraled down to a total rookie with no funds. I think he Tan has been penny-wise pound stupid, but it is his money I suppose. He just needs to wise up and realise this isn't for him.

Its a poor unbalanced squad and if we manage to escape this season next season we'll be favourites for the drop......I still have another season of watch Ojo just go through the motions,how inspiring

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Agree 100%. If I had been Tan, I would have sacked Morrison the day after the window had closed seeing as he had not signed one striker! Strikers score goals which win games, get fans through the turnstiles and fans on their feet in the ground. Morrison signed, what was it, 17 bang average and not so average journeymen. This is why we are in the position we are currently in. I knew, just knew, we would have a sh*te season when the transfer window closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Agree 100%. If I had been Tan, I would have sacked Morrison the day after the window had closed seeing as he had not signed one striker! Strikers score goals which win games, get fans through the turnstiles and fans on their feet in the ground. Morrison signed, what was it, 17 bang average and not so average journeymen. This is why we are in the position we are currently in. I knew, just knew, we would have a sh*te season when the transfer window closed.
    The club had not signed a striker would be a fairer way of putting it.

We have a transfer committee which the manager is only part of. Do you think Morison chose not to get a striker?

We have a transfer committee which the manager is only part of.
    How do you know this?

Who is involved in this transfer committee?

How does it operate?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    How do you know this?

Who is involved in this transfer committee?

How does it operate?
    I know because they told us previously.

Dalman also told us how it works.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wal...s-16317881.amp

Dalman said "We set up the committee to ensure we have full transparency, the owner and manager can see exactly what is happening and are part of every decision,"

I know because they told us previously.

Dalman also told us how it works.
    That report is four years old. Do you believe the club has operated in the same way since Warnock departed? I don't.

There is no mention of a recruitment team in that report. Harris mentioned a recruitment team a couple of times, while Morison did so frequently. I'm pretty sure Hudson did too. In think the transfer set-up is almost certainly significantly different now to how it was in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That report is four years old. Do you believe the club has operated in the same way since Warnock departed? I don't.

There is no mention of a recruitment team in that report. Harris mentioned a recruitment team a couple of times, while Morison did so frequently. I'm pretty sure Hudson did too. In think the transfer set-up is almost certainly significantly different now to how it was in 2019.
    Steve Morison also spoke at length how every player was targeted, how pleased he was with the signings and how it wouldn’t be another season of struggle.

Some managers might toe the party line but I cannot imagine Morison doing it for a second if signings were forced on him.

Steve Morison also spoke at length how every player was targeted, how pleased he was with the signings and how it wouldn’t be another season of struggle.

Some managers might toe the party line but I cannot imagine Morison doing it for a second if signings were forced on him.
    Who's said they were forced on him?

I'm just saying he wasn't the only one who would have been part of the process. People can twist it how they like but Tan signs it off even if we're going by the thinking that the committee has changed (with no proof).

I'm still waiting on what part of what I've typed has been disproven.

Who's said they were forced on him?

I'm just saying he wasn't the only one who would have been part of the process. People can twist it how they like but Tan signs it off even if we're going by the thinking that the committee has changed (with no proof).

I'm still waiting on what part of what I've typed has been disproven.
    Here you go

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...s-24678731.amp

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...r-net-23552164

I'm not sure what you're getting at?

Are you suggesting Morison compiled the names of the squad, signed them himself and just told Vinny how much he had to write the cheques for?

All this with Vinny and his utter dislike of managers pulling the wool over his eyes?

Read the bloody articles, man!

I'll save you the hassle:

"During Neil Harris' reign, the board pushed for an overhaul in the recruitment structure and we are seeing tangible rewards now. External appointments have brought a fresh perspective and have moved the club in a more sustainable direction. Morison, who was initially brought in to manage the under-23s, David Hughes, now head of the academy, and recruitment chief Kevin Beadell, who joined from Arsenal, have all had a positive impact since their arrivals. (As an aside, recruitment consultant Dave Bowman was brought in from Ipswich Town, but he left the club when Mick McCarthy was let go.)

"Insiders at the club also continue to talk up the work of analysts Patrick Deboys and Matthew Jenkins, both of whom are crucial to the Bluebirds' recruitment network and have played key roles in identifying talent over the last few windows. Now there is a push to expand the recruitment department's reach."

Your transfer committee article is outdated. The club doesn't work like that any more.

Are you suggesting Morison compiled the names of the squad, signed them himself and just told Vinny how much he had to write the cheques for?

All this with Vinny and his utter dislike of managers pulling the wool over his eyes?
    Yes, that is exactly what I’m saying. That is obviously what I think happens.

Alternatively Tan gave Morison and the recruitment team a budget to stick to, they signed players within that budget and Tan probably put his hand in his pocket to sign Robinson as we couldn’t get a striker over the line otherwise. Anyway, you clearly won’t change your mind so have a nice day.