+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The blame game

Re: The blame game

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Yes, that is exactly what I’m saying. That is obviously what I think happens.

Alternatively Tan gave Morison and the recruitment team a budget to stick to, they signed players within that budget and Tan probably put his hand in his pocket to sign Robinson as we couldn’t get a striker over the line otherwise. Anyway, you clearly won’t change your mind so have a nice day.
    What am I changing my mind about?

I said it is unfair to blame the manager every time when the board pick that manager and he is only one part of the recruitment process.

Surely the whole idea of a committee is that all participants offer their views. To then just sack the person that they employed and blame that person is unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Read this, same source, dated 2022 as opposed to 2019:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...r-net-23552164
    What parts of that say that Dalman, Choo and Tan aren't involved?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    What parts of that say that Dalman, Choo and Tan aren't involved?
    Forget it. You're impossible to enter into any kind of meaningful debate with. You make claims which are untrue. You are provided with evidence to demonstrate that your claims are untrue. You then try to move the goalposts and maintain you were right.

I'm off out for a walk. You can argue with yourself to your heart's content.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Forget it. You're impossible to enter into any kind of meaningful debate with. You make claims which are untrue. You are provided with evidence to demonstrate that your claims are untrue. You then try to move the goalposts and maintain you were right.

I'm off out for a walk. You can argue with yourself to your heart's content.
    What debate is there to be had?

The club said there is a committee.
    Are you suggesting Tan, Dalman and Choo now have no input with regards to transfers?

Morison said there is a recruitment team. Who do you think is part of that team? I'd guess the bloke who is paying the money for them, especially when we haven't been told that he isn't a member anymore.

As I say if that is what you want to believe then crack on.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Morison's experiment?

Do you think Morison actually chose to assemble a squad with 3 buttons and a Curly Wurly?

No, the plans all start and end with Tan, including employing Morison as a manager in the first place. Tan is the problem, or more specifically his inability to run a football club or learn from mistakes.
    True - and that is not going to change any time soon - unless you are a secret billionaire. We can only hope that Tan learns from his mistakes, sacks Dalman and Choo, appoints someone full time to run the sh1t show and someone who can advise Tan where he is going wrong and why he is losing so much money per month.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    True - and that is not going to change any time soon - unless you are a secret billionaire. We can only hope that Tan learns from his mistakes, sacks Dalman and Choo, appoints someone full time to run the sh1t show and someone who can advise Tan where he is going wrong and why he is losing so much money per month.
    I agree. It won't change while fans just sit by and accept whatever happens regardless of the way the club is run.

Football has changed in Britain but Cardiff City fans are unrecognisable compared to what they once were.

Any change brought about by Tan would mean he acknowledges that he has done something wrong. That isn't going to happen with his ego and entourage of yes men.

Tan is rarely going to admit he has got something wrong until he can prove he put it right. Numerous managers, players have come and gone - not much has changed. I think the current manager knows what is required - but without being able to bring in a coupe of players and let a few go - he is very restricted in showing what he can achieve. In chees terms we are somewhere between check and check mate

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Tan is rarely going to admit he has got something wrong until he can prove he put it right. Numerous managers, players have come and gone - not much has changed. I think the current manager knows what is required - but without being able to bring in a coupe of players and let a few go - he is very restricted in showing what he can achieve. In chees terms we are somewhere between check and check mate
    It is one hell of a job with cash to spend and a competent board.

As it is we have nothing to spend due to mismanagement of the Sala affair by the club. We also have an owner on board who are seemingly more interested in getting some joy out of the Sala case than our perilous position in the Championship.

Still, not long until Lamouchi is sacked, and the club start again. Groundhog Day.