+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Where would we finish in League 1?

Where would we finish in League 1?

If we got relegated to League 1 and we were without the loan players where would we finish next season with this squad, management and board?

Re: Where would we finish in League 1?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    If we got relegated to League 1 and we were without the loan players where would we finish next season with this squad, management and board?
    Lower half. I dont think we would go down. Lose MacGuiness , O Dowda , Robinson though and we could be in serious trouble.

If we go down we just need to stop the rot until the embargo is lifted.

Lets just get some wins though starting with Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Lower half. I dont think we would go down. Lose MacGuiness , O Dowda , Robinson though and we could be in serious trouble.

Lets just get some wins though starting with Friday.
    And there is the question of how we would replace outgoing players without being able to pay even a loan fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Let’s just get some wins though starting with Friday.
    We are 2 points behind Rotherham, and 5 clear of Wigan. Both sides got promoted automatically last season. We might not go back up but bottom half, let’s not be daft.

Counterpoint - we will not get any loans even close to the quality of Philogene and Kipre, we will not hang onto internationals like Robinson and O’Dowda and we have a transfer embargo that means we won’t be able to replace any of them.

I can’t see top half, but we will finally get a chance to see what the kids can do because there won’t be anyone else except the likes of Simpson that nobody else wants.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Counterpoint - we will not get any loans even close to the quality of Philogene and Kipre, we will not hang onto internationals like Robinson and O’Dowda and we have a transfer embargo that means we won’t be able to replace any of them.

I can’t see top half, but we will finally get a chance to see what the kids can do because there won’t be anyone else except the likes of Simpson that nobody else wants.
    Exeter are 11th in League 1. Exeter.

Fleetwood are 13th. Unless Tan decides enough is enough and the club goes into admin, we will walk top half. Even then, look at Derby. This is a mental thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Exeter are 11th in League 1. Exeter.

Fleetwood are 13th. Unless Tan decides enough is enough and the club goes into admin, we will walk top half. Even then, look at Derby. This is a mental thread
    What is mental about it?
    We're one point away from being in the drop zone.
    All of our loans will go back. They showed yesterday just how gutless they can be.

In what is potentially a more physical league where do you think our team and their lack of fight will finish.
    You're a lot more optimistic than me. Trigger happy Vinny will probably sack Lamouchi if he gets us relegated too, maybe before that point.

What is mental about it?
    All of our loans will go back. They showed yesterday just how gutless they can be.

In what is potentially a more physical league where do you think our team and their lack of fight will finish.
    You're a lot more optimistic than me. Trigger happy Vinny will probably sack Lamouchi if he gets us relegated too, maybe before that point.
    We are 2 points behind Rotherham, and 5 clear of Wigan. Both sides got promoted automatically last season. I’d be amazed to know the last time a side finished in the bottom half of L1 after relegation. Must be Blackpool or Pompey? League One is garbage. McGuinness looked like Maldini in it by all accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We are 2 points behind Rotherham, and 5 clear of Wigan. Both sides got promoted automatically last season. I’d be amazed to know the last time a side finished in the bottom half of L1 after relegation. Must be Blackpool or Pompey? League One is garbage. McGuinness looked like Maldini in it by all accounts.
    We are now, yes.

This squad will almost certainly have all its best players removed from it.

O'Dowda, Robinson, Kipre, Philogene all gone with the replacements being anybody's guess.

With such a poor side overall at present for me it is rapidly becoming a case of a marginal preference for next season to be one challenging for the League One play-offs rather than struggling along at the bottom of the Championship hoping there are three sides worse than us.

What is mental about it?

Lamouchi is out of contract. He wont be our manager if we go down. He probably wont if we stay up.

I think theres a good chance Sol takes over.