+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How would this team cope in League 1 ?

How would this team cope in League 1 ?

Not sure on whether any are out of contract though.

Alsop

Romeo
    NG
    McGuinness
    Collins

Davies
    Adams
    Sawyers
    O'Dowda

Robinson
    Etete

Maybe top 10?

Re: How would this team cope in League 1 ?

I think we could say goodbye to Romeo, Collins, McGuinness to Wednesday could be an option if they swap with us.
    I also think O'Dowda and Robinson would look for transfers.

O’Dowda and Robinson aren’t going to drop down a division being current internationals. Collins might have to stay for the rehab but wouldn’t be surprised to see him ask to leave too. McGuinness will probably have offers from Champ teams.

That team as constructed is a playoff team I would think, I just don’t think it will be close to being our team. Swap in Harris, Bagan, Whyte and Simpson or Denham… I don’t think we will be among the favorites to come back up.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    McGuinness will probably have offers from Champ teams.
    Like all the offers from Championship clubs we had for him at the beginning of the season? If we went down I can hardly see why any Championship sides would be remotely interested in a defender who has relegation and an indifferent championship season (last year) on his CV. It's not as if he's streets ahead of any other defenders at the club.

If I recall, we signed David Marshall from relegated Norwich City as an example of mopping up a very good player who was unfortunate to be a part of a poor side. McGuinness isn't a very good player in this poor side. He's as average as the rest.

Nobody would touch Collins with a 10 foot barge pole. They’d have to pay a fee for a bloke who has done his ACL, who is approaching 30? Yeh, good luck with that.

That team would be fine, we’ll keep Wintle and Ralls. Bar COD and Robinson, I don’t think we’ll lose many, McG will probably go to Wednesday if they don’t bottle promotion. You’ve got to remember we are a poor Champ side that can’t score.

We’ll also have Colwill at 10. This bottom half stuff is absolutely crazy. We aren’t that bad for God’s sake, if we were, we’d be miles adrift.

Apart from goals we'd do alright.....

I don't see how we wouldn't have to sell a few though, likes of Robinson, mcguinness would bring in the most.

Think it will be a footballing disaster for us.

Len Ashurst got us promoted in one season.
    Tan would probably pay bigger wages.