+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Not that I’m dwelling on things but….

Not that I’m dwelling on things but….

…..the JB time wasting in the second half only accounted for 5 added minutes, which I thought was a unusually small amount considering their antics, but not surprising given the ref.

So how come 4 extra minutes were added on top of the 5 added on? Did referee Stroud see 4 extra minutes in the 5 mins added on (so 80% of time added on was time wasted and added on) in comparison to 5 added minutes in the entire of the second half (or 11%)?

That really doesn’t make sense to me unless I am missing something here.

Re: Not that I’m dwelling on things but….

I think the extra time was a combination of NG being down injured and the time it took them to take the free kick.

Last thing we should be complaining about. It was clear it was going to be 7+ minutes due the injury before the free kick was awarded, and then no ref in the world is going to blow before that is cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    …..the JB time wasting in the second half only accounted for 5 added minutes, which I thought was a unusually small amount considering their antics, but not surprising given the ref.

So how come 4 extra minutes were added on top of the 5 added on? Did referee Stroud see 4 extra minutes in the 5 mins added on (so 80% of time added on was time wasted and added on) in comparison to 5 added minutes in the entire of the second half (or 11%)?

That really doesn’t make sense to me unless I am missing something here.
    Ng was injured right at the start of the 5 added minutes. It was over 2 minutes before the game restarted.

We were also the home side desparate for 3 points against a bottom half side.

It was the delay in restarting the game as NG was receiving treatment, so five minutes from the time we got going again.
    What was laughable from the ref was that he trotted over to the corner where Swampsea were preparing for a throw in and went to some trouble to point out that the throw was in the corner near the goal line. Of course he did nothing about their player then running 4/5 metres up the touchline before throwing it back in!

How he only added 5 I'll never know.

Given the flow of the game though at that point I wanted less. Only one team looked to have the energy or desire to win, I suppose all that laying about helped in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    How he only added 5 I'll never know.

Given the flow of the game though at that point I wanted less. Only one team looked to have the energy or desire to win, I suppose all that laying about helped in the end.
    So as I said elsewhere, ironically their own time wasting helped them.