+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Connor Wickham

Re: Connor Wickham

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Contra t should be terminated.
    He has apologised 1FA68ED3-BF3B-4D83-84B5-FD94C1F1E4F2.jpg

I chopped my neighbours head off.....and then apologised....that makes it ok?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I don’t think this is a straight forward apology issue - need the club and Lamouchi view now. ASAP.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ssues-26616703

In case the instagram statement in TWGL1's post is unreadable, Wickham said:

"I'm obviously aware of a video circulating on social media.

"I know my responsibility as a professional. Playing for Cardiff City is a huge privilege, I've been so welcomed by you all and I will always give 100%.

"To lose the game the way we did yesterday hurt more than ever, even though you will feel it doesn't seem that way to me.

"I hope you can all understand and I will do my best [to] help my team and this club to achieve the best possible outcome this season!"

What a complete arsehole

That's not an apology.

I don't see any use of words like sorry, apologise or remorse.
    It's just a statement about what behaviour is expected from a professional footballer.

It's no laughing matter ,well our performance was , perhaps he was watching a reply of the game whilst inhaling , its sort of understanding

That's not an apology, that's an I've been caught what can i say to make me look better post.

He's an idiot. Let's hope while he's still here he learns his lesson...

He should be a role model for younger players and kids watching the game, loads of people do things they shouldn't, I've done plenty, but you don't get caught, or boast about it

Whippets: It lasts about 30 seconds and has no effect on you the next day. It's not like he stayed up until 6am blowing lines. The most worrying this is he was probably on the piss too. Still, as long as he turns up on Monday bright eyed and bushy tailed I have no problem with it except for the social media part. That's poor decision making.

Would I have done something like that if it was around when I was young? Maybe, I was never much of a spirits drinker, but I can imagine me giving it a go in my late teens or early twenties, pretty sure I wouldn’t have bothered when I was twenty nine or thirty though.

Being a tea total old fogey who only goes to pubs to eat these days, I had to look up what a balloon was and I saw stories about students and youngsters who were into it, I saw nothing about people of Wickham’s age using them. Maybe I’m jumping to a wrong conclusion here, but the fact Wickham, at his age and in his profession, was prepared be photographed using a balloon is suggestive of a certain kind of lifestyle.

When Wickham’s career is judged, he gets a lot of deserved sympathy regarding the injuries he has suffered, but maybe there are other reasons why he hasn’t hit the heights he seemed capable of reaching as a kid at Ipswich?

There was a programme on Kavos a while back. Balloon use seemed the norm. Street was littered with them.

thats no apology, does not say anything about sorry... thats a leaving note, he knows whats coming

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Messing with balloons? Inhaling nitrous oxide? Is that illegal?
    It was recently announced possession of Nitrous Oxide will become a criminal offence, not sure if it extended to inhaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    There was a programme on Kavos a while back. Balloon use seemed the norm. Street was littered with them.
    It has been here for a few years, go to any car park and its always littered with NOS canisters

I bet most of the single players were out on the Lash, its all fine lines ( no pun intended ) think in the past both Sterling and Grealish have been seen doing NOS

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    It’s in the same ball park for me - Charlie, Skunk, Glue, magic mush, petrol, tippex…you don’t want your new signed striker anywhere near that shit.
    What if he makes loads of spelling mistakes?

Good enough for me, not that i wanted one anyway.

We are in a relegation battle

We lost , again , to our rivals

He's lucky to be playing but we have given him the chance

Yet he gets off his face and posts it on social media

He should be ashamed of himself . He's an athlete for God's sake .

We need bodies for the battle but not if he's partying . Plenty of time to do that in May .

Shape up , perform or get rid

It's not a charity ff sake

Although we were very generous yesterday in the first half

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Reports on the web that he was messing with Balloons last night - if true I’m sure Tan & co will send him in the same direction as NML.
    30-year-olds messing about with balloons for a three minute buzz. Wowza

Unless Sabri can see something he's going to be sacked surely

How thick are some of these people ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Unless Sabri can see something he's going to be sacked surely

How thick are some of these people ?
    Can't sack him, we need him, anyway, i don't think it's that big a deal, he's just as dull as ****.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    30-year-olds messing about with balloons for a three minute buzz. Wowza
    He was out celebrating his birthday, and he’s taken the time to release a statement. I’m sure if he had scored the winner hardly anything would have been said.

Unfortunately he isn't just dull off the pitch. Useless lump imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Can't sack him, we need him, anyway, i don't think it's that big a deal, he's just as dull as ****.
    It's clear that lots of our fans are really pissed off about this and do give a fck

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's clear that lots of our fans are really pissed off about this and do give a fck
    I doubt that very much.

He was out celebrating his birthday, and he’s taken the time to release a statement. I’m sure if he had scored the winner hardly anything would have been said.
    Yeah but he didn’t fkn score the winner, it’s looking more like shot himself in the foot.