+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Connor Wickham

Re: Connor Wickham

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I doubt that very much.
    Even on here you are in a minority

You ask working class fans from up the valleys paying good money to watch rubbish with Wickham behaving like that and you will be in an even smaller box

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Even on here you are in a minority

You ask working class fans from up the valleys paying good money to watch rubbish with Wickham behaving like that and you will be in an even smaller box
    Because you're a bunch of middle aged reactionary old tarts who spit your cornflakes out at the smallest of things. He's a cretin, big ****ing deal.

Because you're a bunch of middle aged reactionary old tarts who spit your cornflakes out at the smallest of things. He's a cretin, big ****ing deal.
    Discipline is what will get us the points to stay up

Not hitting the gas a few hours after a Derby defeat

A months time and the players can go on the piss for a week if we stay up

I'm a bit sheltered. I assume this does more than make your voice go higher?

Has Cardiff City ever had any players actually break the law? If so, were their contracts terminated on the demand if some supporters?

Genuine question.

I can think of a couple of players but can’t recall some of the outrage read here.

Ecstasy use has played fuuck with my mind though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Has Cardiff City ever had any players actually break the law? If so, were their contracts terminated on the demand if some supporters?

Genuine question.

I can think of a couple of players but can’t recall some of the outrage read here.

Ecstasy use has played fuuck with my mind though.
    Is Connor Wickham by getting leathered less than a week before our game with Blackpool behaving appropriately in terms of his fitness and for the fans who pay his wages ?

Breaking the law or not he's acted like an arsehole and treated us with contempt

If I was sabri I would tell him he's in the last chance saloon and tell him to do the business on the pitch or do one

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Reports on the web that he was messing with Balloons last night - if true I’m sure Tan & co will send him in the same direction as NML.
    Have I used lots of drugs in my time ? Yes.
    Did I calm down in my 20s? Yes.
    Is it ok for people to use drugs if they choose? Yes.
    Should Connor Wickham be using recreational drugs? No.
    Why? He’s a highly paid footballer whose profession demands him to be in peak condition.
    Does this make him a bad person as such? No.
    On balance, should he be sacked immediately. Unfortunately, yes!

I'm not even 40.

I'm not middle aged.

I've seen people get addicted to plenty of drugs, and this one, if you take the time to Google it can be addictive as well.

It may only be a short buzz, but it can't be good for the body long term.

What happens if the buzz of this isn't enough? What does he replace it with to achieve the same buzz when this one wears off?

I had enough control not to turn to crack etc when I was "only weekend offending" causing nobody harm as I paid for it all myself.. but plenty of people replace the buzz of snorting with smoking and injecting.

It may be a bit of a jump to suggest someone go from balloons to coke..but it's not exactly that far fetched.

All the youngsters I know that do balloons also snort Ket.

Is Connor Wickham by getting leathered less than a week before our game with Blackpool behaving appropriately in terms of his fitness and for the fans who pay his wages ?

Breaking the law or not he's acted like an arsehole and treated us with contempt

If I was sabri I would tell him he's in the last chance saloon and tell him to do the business on the pitch or do one
    City have had plenty of daft fuuckers not entirely professional but some of them have escaped this sort of scrutiny and outrage.

I’m asking a genuine question.

City have had plenty of daft fuuckers not entirely professional but some of them have escaped this sort of scrutiny and outrage.

I’m asking a genuine question.
    I don't know of any of our lot being seen on social media doing gas a few hours after another sickening Derby defeat when 6 days later we line up against a relegation opponent

Who else has behaved like this , rubbing our faces in it ?

He's an idiot and he's not 21 with cash in his pocket

He owes us after this and if he isn't up for it I hope sabri shows him the door

I don't know of any of our lot being seen on social media doing gas a few hours after another sickening Derby defeat when 6 days later we line up against a relegation opponent

Who else has behaved like this , rubbing our faces in it ?

He's an idiot and he's not 21 with cash in his pocket

He owes us after this and if he isn't up for it I hope sabri shows him the door
    My head may be playing tricks here but didn’t some players go on the piiss before a game under Dave Jones that cost us promotion? I’d google it but can’t be arsed.

There was also Ross McCormack. Piised up and driving.

My head may be playing tricks here but didn’t some players go on the piiss before a game under Dave Jones that cost us promotion? I’d google it but can’t be arsed.
    It wouldn't surprise me but I bet they got stick and they deserve it

Well paid and in the case of Wickham given a final chance and he is out partying when people are pissed off after another defeat

Wtf is going on in his brain ?

Where is his brain more importantly ?

Shape him up or out he goes

Well he should have been sacked for that and plenty on here thought so at the time

You would lose your job in loads of occupations for that

It’s a shocking look after a dire defeat where he did next to naff all as a contribution. Some might be ok with it but how will the fans react after his next stinker? They may as well get shot in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Reports on the web that he was messing with Balloons last night - if true I’m sure Tan & co will send him in the same direction as NML.
    My work colleague lived in a flat in the bay and used to regularly see two of our players doing multiple balloons on one of the nearby balconies. They were fully aware that they could be seen by many people but obviously couldn't give a toss. I don't anything about the side effects of this gas but as noted by several other posters, they're meant to be professional athletes and look after themselves.

[QUOTE=SLUDGE FACTORY;5408057]

If I was sabri I would tell him he's in the last chance saloon /QUOTE]
    He'd probably order a pint and a chaser. Idiot.

If I was sabri I would tell him he's in the last chance saloon
    He'd probably order a pint and a chaser. Idiot.

"However, there have been reports of an increase in neurological harms, including nerve and spinal cord damage, related to heavy and persistent use. One woman in Wales said that taking too much laughing gas left her unable to walk."

Might explain him walking about the pitch not making a single sprint when Kaba was out on his feet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65162917

That was before the 3-0 home defeat by Middlesbrough on May Day 2011.

He's not laughing now....

I hope the club show him the door, we don't need brainless arseholes here at a time were fighting, or should I say supposed to be fighting for Championship survival.
    Let's hope when we get back to recruiting players in future, that we do some proper due diligence of their character.
    Maybe the club should put a clause in their contracts to say all social media should go through the club first?
    Anyone with half a brain cell would have just kept their head down after Saturday for a week or so

Still nothing from the board - Keeping fans in the dark tactic continues.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'm not even 40.

I'm not middle aged.

I've seen people get addicted to plenty of drugs, and this one, if you take the time to Google it can be addictive as well.

It may only be a short buzz, but it can't be good for the body long term.

What happens if the buzz of this isn't enough? What does he replace it with to achieve the same buzz when this one wears off?

I had enough control not to turn to crack etc when I was "only weekend offending" causing nobody harm as I paid for it all myself.. but plenty of people replace the buzz of snorting with smoking and injecting.

It may be a bit of a jump to suggest someone go from balloons to coke..but it's not exactly that far fetched.

All the youngsters I know that do balloons also snort Ket.
    That level of control you had is hardly a badge of honour.
    Separately…Would you consider doing (or have you done) anything about the ‘youngsters’ you know who are snorting ‘ket’ (as you call it)?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    That level of control you had is hardly a badge of honour.
    Separately…Would you consider doing (or have you done) anything about the ‘youngsters’ you know who are snorting ‘ket’ (as you call it)?
    Nobody suggested it was a badge of honour.

I haven't drank for 8 months. Drink wasn't an issue, it was what followed after the drink that was my issue, so I've gone sober.

Touched on it in another thread.

You can't help anyone who doesn't want to be helped, I know from experience. These kids want to do it. It's really not my place to start telling them what to do, you can talk to them about how your own life has gone, but they aren't interested they just want to have a good time.

"I'll just try and keep this attitude and keep this momentum going forward, and hopefully we can have a successful end to the season."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65201125