+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Colwill

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Colwill

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he's had an injury ravaged season, and even without that you expect younger players to have peaks and troughs in their development.
    was on the pitch for 25 minutes on Saturday and got into a really good position behind the defence and delivered a great cross for the equalising goal, I really can't see why he's being singled out for criticism.

he was one of our top scorers last season, in a season he started as a teeenager- I can recall a few occasions that opposition players have remarked how good he looks.
    and he's just turned in a man of the match performance for Wales u21s.
    Steve Morison was saying earlier in the season that he need to learn to trust his body again after all the injuries - that psychological hesitation that prevents you from pushing to the limit will have a big impact - hopefully with the Wales game and the assist against Swansea he'll be coming into some confidence and we can see him kick on again
    It was merely an observation that he didn't look like the same player. Was I right or was I wrong? I never said he was a bad player, I was just wondering why.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Is he a better player now than when he first came on the scene, and impressed with the Welsh senior team?
    Based on what he’s shown this season in the City first team, no. It’s less than two years since he was picked in front of Brennan Johnson for the Euros mind and I wonder how he would have fared under a proven developer of players like Steve Cooper. Sadly, there’s very little evidence that the current Cardiff City coaching structure is able to improve their Academy players beyond the stage where they where they get their first pro deals.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Gluey is obsessed by pace, unless your name happens to be Ampadu.
    At 22 he is now one of the first names on the Wales team sheet. I know it upsets some of the detractors, but he was always going to be one of our best players.

At 22 he is now one of the first names on the Wales team sheet. I know it upsets some of the detractors, but he was always going to be one of our best players.
    who are these detractors you've invented?
    we are all aware that Ampadu is a decent player, especially when you consider what the other options are in midfield.
    he does make mistakes but that's something that will improve with experience.

I haven't seen a lot of him, but is he a better player now than when he first came on the scene, and impressed with the Welsh senior team?
    "He didn't look all that mobile in the recent Wales U21 game when he dropped down from the senior squad."

Make your mind up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's because he has ability and for whatever reason he isn't showing it enough, so there is or has been a problem, whether that's injury, growing or development, none of us really know. Thing is, nobody is going to talk about talks or RINO, because they have developed and they ain't going to develop anymore, it's just a bonus when either of them perform, so there isn't much to say, they've done their developing and both players are on the slide. Colwill isn't, he should be on the up, and he started his career well, so fans can and should be excused for singling him out a bit because of his potential, there's a greater interest in him as an individual and as a player, because the club have developed him.

Some people aren't exactly constructive with their thoughts on Colwill, but it's more out of the fact that he showed us that he can turn in a display and do the odd thing that other players can't do, therefore, they have every right to ask why it isn't happening any more, or why as it seems he has gone backwards, and we can all speculate, but none of us see him every day or know his character.

It isn't a witch hunt, it's natural for fans to be critical, that's the game colwill is in, and I'm sure that he's aware of the fact that he hasn't developed into what he and we were expecting.

On the slip side of things, maybe certain fans shouldn't have bigged him up as much as they did when he arrived on the scene, he was young and developing, and haven't we all been there before? A bit of balance on both sides wouldn't go amiss.
    Good post.

I've tried to stay away from the match thread and others that look like reactionary posts..been more than guilty myself in the past of posting some crap in an emotional state!!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'd seriously swap him for Joe Ralls at the moment. At least the ball would go forward.
    Joe Backwards Pass Ralls got right under my skin Saturday. And when he did attempt a forward pass it wasn't exactly great...

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Joe Backwards Pass Ralls got right under my skin Saturday. And when he did attempt a forward pass it wasn't exactly great...
    Ralls legs have gone, he's so slow and ponderous now, he' 60% the player he was.

Agreed. Sad to see as he has been good for us over the years but not anymore. :-(

We certainly don’t have other midfielder players to accommodate him so I just can’t see how he can start a game. Ralls/Wintle/Rino was always a concern which makes me wonder why Sabri couldn’t see that.

Maybe coming on to shore up a game if we are leading with 20 mins to go, but even then I think that we probably have other midfield players that can do that job better than him.

SuperBluebirds91

I haven’t unfortunately been able to get to the games due to my health but from what I’ve heard and seen on match threads I’m on the fence with him. I feel as if he could be so much better but it just doesn’t seem to be happening. That said I’m not saying he is a bad player but maybe just not at this level. Perhaps he will suit us well if we do go down to league 1!

Ralls legs have gone, he's so slow and ponderous now, he' 60% the player he was.
    I'm not wanting to single him out, I've stayed away from certain threads, but as soon as I saw his name on the team sheet my head dropped.

We've done well without him.

He was brought in, more than likely, as he's been here so long knows the game the area blah blah blah. If I had to guess I'd say Bamba probably pushed that one...

He was a decent player.

He isn't anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'm not wanting to single him out, I've stayed away from certain threads, but as soon as I saw his name on the team sheet my head dropped.

We've done well without him.

He was brought in, more than likely, as he's been here so long knows the game the area blah blah blah. If I had to guess I'd say Bamba probably pushed that one...

He was a decent player.

He isn't anymore.
    I think that he's gone, didn't look great last season. Find that with players who develop quite young, especially in those positions, wide players who are flying at 19-20 have an even shorter shelf life, and strikers who rely on pace. He's been great for us, although didn't he sign a 2 year deal?

I think that he's gone, didn't look great last season. Find that with players who develop quite young, especially in those positions, wide players who are flying at 19-20 have an even shorter shelf life, and strikers who rely on pace. He's been great for us, although didn't he sign a 2 year deal?
    I think he's a decent footballer in the wrong team, what frustrates me about him is that for someone his size his physical presence is non-existent, I went to watch Cardiff City Ladies V Cardiff Met yesterday, if only he had some of their effort and bite on the pitch.

Big Ralls fan previously but he just doesn’t have it anymore. He’s still a solid player but doesn’t offer enough defensively or in attack and to add his passing is hit and miss.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Big Ralls fan previously but he just doesn’t have it anymore. He’s still a solid player but doesn’t offer enough defensively or in attack and to add his passing is hit and miss.
    I'd hate to see how you describe someone who isn't a solid player

The days of talented youngsters coming through the system are over. Until something is done about bigger clubs poaching our most talented youngsters we'll be left with the ones no one else are interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    The days of talented youngsters coming through the system are over. Until something is done about bigger clubs poaching our most talented youngsters we'll be left with the ones no one else are interested in.
    City currently have a young player Burnley bid around £2 million for last summer, so perhaps your assessment is somewhat pessimistic.

Not sure anybody has thought of this but if he has real aspirations of breaking into that Welsh squad and staying in it would it be inconceivable for him to want out of the club should we be relegated to League 1?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    City currently have a young player Burnley bid around £2 million for last summer, so perhaps your assessment is somewhat pessimistic.
    The last few years would suggest it's more realistic. And who is coming through when the best players are continually poached.

Hip injury now.

This lad is going to have bed sores off the treatment table if things don't change.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Hip injury now.

This lad is going to have bed sores off the treatment table if things don't change.
    an awful lot of weight on those hips..

Hudson was never u23 manager

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...needs-26694820

I think Glen Williams has got it right here.