+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia

Have jumped into bed with Russia, China, Iran & India.

Re: Saudi Arabia

It's a very interesting move - Saudi - Iran peace deal has got to be a good thing, and very interesting to see China starting to exert more diplomatic power overseas.

Of course all these nations are only in it for themselves.
    India and China aren't exactly on the best terms currently, but each are focused on their own interests.
    If Russia becomes a liability to China then China will drop them like a hot potato

I don't fear a more outward looking China, if they are able to bring peace to the middle east then thats great

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It's a very interesting move - Saudi - Iran peace deal has got to be a good thing, and very interesting to see China starting to exert more diplomatic power overseas.

Of course all these nations are only in it for themselves.
    India and China aren't exactly on the best terms currently, but each are focused on their own interests.
    If Russia becomes a liability to China then China will drop them like a hot potato

I don't fear a more outward looking China, if they are able to bring peace to the middle east then thats great
    Not good for the US Dollar though, as they are transacting in a different currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Not good for the US Dollar though, as they are transacting in a different currency.
    meh that's only a very small part of it. Its all to do with the belt and road initiative.

China is huge in population and growing economy but they have relatively few natural resources, especially oil gas and water.

a lot of the hydrocarbons they import from the middle east comes through the straits of melacca - like 70% of it, which is strategically quite vulnerable - if they ever had a big falling out with the west over Taiwan for example then it would be too easy to blocade and leave them open to pressure.

So they have been embarking on a massive international project to essentially redevelop the silk road, this will hopefully boost many of the countries along the route, and will mean that they are a lot more China focussed, yes, trading in RMB and give China a much more secure access to the resources they need to keep growing.

For that to be successful I guess it would be pretty helpful if everyone in the middle east aren't trying to kill each other all of the time, hence they have skin in the game of middle east peace in a slightly different way than the West ever did.

meh that's only a very small part of it. Its all to do with the belt and road initiative.
    Did you forget about the US treasury bonds?

Did you forget about the US treasury bonds?
    No

No
    So why did you say meh? There are trillions of dollars worth of US treasury bonds spread throughout the world, and if countries stop using them as assets the US will be in a pickle.

So why did you say meh? There are trillions of dollars worth of US treasury bonds spread throughout the world, and if countries stop using them as assets the US will be in a pickle.
    China's economy is highly export based, they are buying US treasury bonds because that is the most widely used currency and they want to suppress the value of the RMB to make exports cheaper.
    I don't think it is in China's interest to change that strategy any time soon.

If and when another currency does replace the Dollar as the top global currency then the US might have a currency crisis, especially if that change happens quickly, but that's just a short term shock, and doesn't benefit anyone, as it would also significantly reduce the market for China's export goods.

Completing the silk road project will have a far more fundamental and long term impact on China (and the world's) Economy than trying to pull the rug out from under the feet of the Yanks. It allows them to have much more secure access to the resources they need, and to bring more countries into their sphere of influence

China's economy is highly export based, they are buying US treasury bonds because that is the most widely used currency and they want to suppress the value of the RMB to make exports cheaper.
    I don't think it is in China's interest to change that strategy any time soon.

If and when another currency does replace the Dollar as the top global currency then the US might have a currency crisis, especially if that change happens quickly, but that's just a short term shock, and doesn't benefit anyone, as it would also significantly reduce the market for China's export goods.

Completing the silk road project will have a far more fundamental and long term impact on China (and the world's) Economy than trying to pull the rug out from under the feet of the Yanks. It allows them to have much more secure access to the resources they need, and to bring more countries into their sphere of influence
    Well it sure looks like everybody outside of Europe, US, Canada, Australia & NZ are stating to trade in non-US dollar currencies.

Why?

We are on the edge of our seats awaiting the US dollar to suffer a heart attack to its world reserve currency status.

It'll be a contrived and meticulously planned event to ensure the US descends into a Mad Max-style chaos for a period. It's a racing certainty Canada, Australasia and (save for Switzerland, perhaps) Western European countries suffer the same fate to ensure whitey not just meekly accepts the proposed solution (CBDC replacing cash, Health Passports, etc) but demand their total digital enslavement.

I asked WB the question because I was trying to understand why the US will be in a pickle if countries suddenly stopped using the trillions of dollars worth of US treasury bonds spread throughout the world as assets?

I naively thought that the US Treasury issues almost all of its bonds at a fixed rate of interest over a 30 year maturity period. Obviously there is quite a market in selling and buying those bonds during their lifecycle.

If the dollar became a less reliable reserve currency that could impact the US's ability to get buyers for any bonds that they want to place on the market now that would mature in April 2053. I am bemused why any current holder of such a bond anyway through its lifecycle, national or private would want to turn something they own that has value into something worthless by stopping using them as an asset.

The chances of your stupid apprentice being able to justify his latest stream of consciousness are minimal so do you have any better idea what he is talking about, Morg.

Here comes Mr Blippy again, the financial mastermind who gave us this pearl of wisdom "I think that despite the best efforts of ResetWorld to talk this up as the beginning of a global contagion I think this is a localised issue around a bank too dependent on hi-tech stocks that will be managed by the Fed."

And now we have Mr Blippy's latest financial prediction that nothing will happen to the US Dollar until at least 2053. I am truly in awe of this financial genius.

Here comes Mr Blippy again, the financial mastermind who gave us this pearl of wisdom "I think that despite the best efforts of ResetWorld to talk this up as the beginning of a global contagion I think this is a localised issue around a bank too dependent on hi-tech stocks that will be managed by the Fed."

And now we have Mr Blippy's latest financial prediction that nothing will happen to the US Dollar until at least 2053. I am truly in awe of this financial genius.

We all know where this ends. These quotes when you think you are saying something clever but is actually very stupid. This has nothing to do with the value of the dollar going forward.

It is you explaining why the US would be in a pickle because any countries using US Treasury Bonds with a typical 30 lifespan that have fixed repayment rates and rates of interest would stop using them as an asset. Short of wanting to bankrupt themselves it seems a really stupid suggestion to m.

Can you explain your thinking and put me straight.

ps. Thanks for reminding me about the great banking meltdown of March 2023 which you predicted several times in the Ballon D'Or Conspiracy thread.

Well it sure looks like everybody outside of Europe, US, Canada, Australia & NZ are stating to trade in non-US dollar currencies.
    Wales Bales, forecaster in chief during his uber Trump phase.

USA, Japan, India, Brazil, UK = global trade reset. China is going to be squeezed economically, and probably the EU too.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Wales Bales, forecaster in chief during his uber Trump phase.

USA, Japan, India, Brazil, UK = global trade reset. China is going to be squeezed economically, and probably the EU too.
    It was true at the time until Joe came along and went full-on great reset. AKA current affairs.

It was true at the time until Joe came along and went full-on great reset. AKA current affairs.
    My mistake. I thought forecasting the future is more your thing, so you need a wide range of inputs to work with, as you like to see things from all sides.

My mistake. I thought forecasting the future is more your thing, so you need a wide range of inputs to work with, as you like to see things from all sides.
    I thought it doesn't matter who wins elections, everything is planned and the leaders are just the public face for what zee WEF, Kraus, Gates and Soros have planned.

You come across as being a very strange person.

Who said irony was dead

Given that 90% of the words in my post were originally yours earlier this week I'm unsurprised you reached that conclusion.

Anyway I interrupted you explaining how if countries holding trillions worth of 30 year US Treasury Bonds stopped using them as an asset, rendering them worthless I guess to the benefit of the US who no longer need to repay any capital plus interest it would put the US in a pickle.

We all know where this ends. These quotes when you think you are saying something clever but is actually very stupid. This has nothing to do with the value of the dollar going forward.

It is you explaining why the US would be in a pickle because any countries using US Treasury Bonds with a typical 30 lifespan that have fixed repayment rates and rates of interest would stop using them as an asset. Short of wanting to bankrupt themselves it seems a really stupid suggestion to m.

Can you explain your thinking and put me straight.

ps. Thanks for reminding me about the great banking meltdown of March 2023 which you predicted several times in the Ballon D'Or Conspiracy thread.
    a bit like the US exerting pressure on the UK over Suez. If you dump lots of treasury bonds on the market at once, the dollar collapses and US interest rates rocket causing pandemonium in the markets. However the value of your assets plummet as a result. to do this you need a very strong currency not susceptible to such global shock. The RNM isnt such a cureency.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    Who said irony was dead
    I see you've still got nothing of relevance to say.

Changing the subject, have you taken any pro golf lessons?

I see you've still got nothing of relevance to say.

Changing the subject, have you taken any pro golf lessons?
    Had a few in my time why do you ask?? strange question

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    Had a few in my time why do you ask?? strange question
    I used to play 3-4 times a week and I really got into it. My progress was slower than I expected, so I hooked up with a pro and he sorted out all of my deficiencies. After that I got down to a lowish handicap fairly quickly.