+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 points should see us home ?

6 points should see us home ?

Although 4 might do it

We are deffo on the front foot again , thank christ

Re: 6 points should see us home ?

Sludge in positivity shocker haha. Yeah 6 to be sure for me, starting with Monday

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Sludge in positivity shocker haha. Yeah 6 to be sure for me, starting with Monday
    Avoid defeat Monday that will do

I had to reread it three times as I couldn't believe he had typed some positivity.

I suspect he's trying to curry some favour having been exposed in the Harry Kane Diving Cheat thread as a Premier League-loving rotter.

Either that or he's puffing on some seriously potent skunk.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Although 4 might do it

We are deffo on the front foot again , thank christ

We will be fine, I've been saying for months QPR would go down, it will be Wigan, Blackpool, and QPR relegated.

If one of them does suddenly find some form then maybe Reading will replace one of them.

We have a good chance against Sunderland it's a quick turnaround with a long journey for them and they are not in the best of form anyway.

Watford are not in great form either, Rotherham beatable, and then Warnocks Huddersfield!

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=2

Warnock is doing it again, all the doubters are being proved wrong, really tough fixtures and he has them 6th on recent form, they'll escape relegation too!

It's because he cares too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    It's because he cares too much.
    Plus as we all know supporting ccfc causes swings of mood from despair to euphoria

Plus as we all know supporting ccfc causes swings of mood from despair to euphoria
    Good or bad, for so many of us, CCFC is the only constant we have in our lives .... by that I mean, it's guaranteed to always be there for us.

Good or bad, for so many of us, CCFC is the only constant we have in our lives .... by that I mean, it's guaranteed to always be there for us.
    And generally usually crap

i don't think he? is negative just a realist

Yup…doesn’t really matter what league. In 1988 3000 of us went to Burnley going from div 4 to div 3, in 2013 1500 went when we were promoted to the sunshine league…..who cares eh?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yup…doesn’t really matter what league. In 1988 3000 of us went to Burnley going from div 4 to div 3, in 2013 1500 went when we were promoted to the sunshine league…..who cares eh?
    We were in the terrace on the side in 88 , could have fitted more up there that day

The best thing is that for a while it looked like it might be three from four to go down, now, with things looking so bleak for Wigan and Blackpool, we’re in a position where it’s getting towards being one in five to go down - I’d still like to get to fifty points to be on the safe side, but, realistically, forty eight should be enough especially if we can keep our goal difference around what it is now.

How many points between 40 and 50 have you hedged your bets on now?

48 should be fine. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a bit less, a few of the bottom teams play eachother. So some are guaranteed to drop points.

Reading v Huddersfield
    Reading v Wigan
    Wigan v Rotherham
    Wigan v Blackpool

All the teams below us still have 18 points to play for. I won't be happy until we're mathematically safe. We could easily lose the next three games. We need to beat Huddersfield and Rotherham and hope that Burnley have absolutely nothing to play for.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The best thing is that for a while it looked like it might be three from four to go down, now, with things looking so bleak for Wigan and Blackpool, we’re in a position where it’s getting towards being one in five to go down - I’d still like to get to fifty points to be on the safe side, but, realistically, forty eight should be enough especially if we can keep our goal difference around what it is now.
    I thought about 6 weeks ago 48 would be just about right

I got some stick but I think 6 points , however we get them will get us over the line

Sunderland on Monday game could well be a game for nothing.

It won't happen but this is how it could go:

Rotherham are way at Norwich who are on a run and are on the fringe of the top six;
    Huddersfield have Blackburn at home; somehow Blackburn are still 6th with a game in hand so plenty to be serious about;
    QPR can't win an argument at the moment and go to WBA who, surprisingly, are just 5 points off the top 6 with a game in hand;
    Reading, now in serious trouble, must go to Deepdale where Preston are in 8th - 2 points off 6th place;
    Blackpool must go to Luton where they can expect a spanking from the Hatters who are 3rd and in great form;
    Wigan entertain the Swans, are bottom of the pile and have the biggest goals against record in the division.

City, who must feel pretty good after scoring 3 away goals, entertain Sunderland who are 11th with just one win in the last 5; the Mackems also drew at home yesterday conceding the leveler from a last minute penalty which must have extinguished any lingering hopes of the play-offs. But if City should lose, not many of those around them will pick up points.

I thought about 6 weeks ago 48 would be just about right

I got some stick but I think 6 points , however we get them will get us over the line
    You made out you came up with the number yourself, a quick Google shows the average points to stay up in the division is 47... You didn't come up with it yourself, which is what you got stuck for. Along with changing your mind to every other number between 40 and 50 to hedge your bets and look like you've got a clue about football.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Sunderland on Monday game could well be a game for nothing.

It won't happen but this is how it could go:

Rotherham are way at Norwich who are on a run and are on the fringe of the top six;
    Huddersfield have Blackburn at home; somehow Blackburn are still 6th with a game in hand so plenty to be serious about;
    QPR can't win an argument at the moment and go to WBA who, surprisingly, are just 5 points off the top 6 with a game in hand;
    Reading, now in serious trouble, must go to Deepdale where Preston are in 8th - 2 points off 6th place;
    Blackpool must go to Luton where they can expect a spanking from the Hatters who are 3rd and in great form;
    Wigan entertain the Swans, are bottom of the pile and have the biggest goals against record in the division.

City, who must feel pretty good after scoring 3 away goals, entertain Sunderland who are 11th with just one win in the last 5; the Mackems also drew at home yesterday conceding the leveler from a last minute penalty which must have extinguished any lingering hopes of the play-offs. But if City should lose, not many of those around them will pick up points.
    A point will be great on Monday, a win fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I was at both.
    Although I always felt that there was much more than 1500 there the day we went up. Pretty sure there was about 30 coaches in the convoy for a start

Never sure where that figure came from as I’d only ever seen it mentioned somewhere where there was an agenda.

Still plenty of twists and there’s to come. Who’s have predicted Huddersfield would be out of the bottom 3 a few days ago when they were 1-0 down at Boro with promotion chasing Watford next up ?

Just need to get as many points as quickly as possible. At least yesterday showed the players are up for the fight

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Still plenty of twists and there’s to come. Who’s have predicted Huddersfield would be out of the bottom 3 a few days ago when they were 1-0 down at Boro with promotion chasing Watford next up ?

Just need to get as many points as quickly as possible. At least yesterday showed the players are up for the fight
    Lots of people. Because Warnock has an excellent track record of keeping teams up.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Lots of people. Because Warnock has an excellent track record of keeping teams up.
    I didn’t see those predictions. Many might have said he’ll keep them up, but not many would have said they’d come back to beat Boro and then defeat Watford on their own patch

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think avoiding defeat at Rotherham and beating Huddersfield at home is essential.
    Spedger