+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current bottom three in the Premier League to go down?

Current bottom three in the Premier League to go down?

Watched Leicester v Bournemouth this afternoon and was surprised how bad the Foxes were. Bournemouth were far better than them and it was clear that it wasn’t a case of Rodgers losing the dressing room because they were worse without him - Maddison gifted Bournemouth their goal and was pretty anonymous, they’re going down I reckon.

I also reckon Cooper might be sacked by Forest in the next day or two, really want them to go down because of the way they’ve gone about things - there’s players they signed for a lot of money in the summer who aren’t in their twenty five now.

Re: Current bottom three in the Premier League to go down?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Watched Leicester v Bournemouth this afternoon and was surprised how bad the Foxes were. Bournemouth were far better than them and it was clear that it wasn’t a case of Rodgers losing the dressing room because they were worse without him - Maddison gifted Bournemouth their goal and was pretty anonymous, they’re going down I reckon.

I also reckon Cooper might be sacked by Forest in the next day or two, really want them to go down because of the way they’ve gone about things - there’s players they signed for a lot of money in the summer who aren’t in their twenty five now.
    I thought I had it sussed well over a month ago as I had a feeling Forest were going to start sinking. Along with Southampton and Bournemouth they were my 3 to go down but fair play to the Cherries they are proving me wrong.

I hope Bournemouth stay up to give Brooks a decent run in the Premier League next season. If Forest go down Johnson will be snapped up, and maybe one of the other teams will pick up Neco. Unfortunately both of the Welsh 'keepers could go down.

Forest will be in all kinds of trouble if they go down with that squad. Can't say I'd be too sorry to see it happen. Absolutely everything that's wrong with modern football... will have implications for Wales although Brennan Johnson will easily find another Prem club, not so sure about Neco.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Forest will be in all kinds of trouble if they go down with that squad. Can't say I'd be too sorry to see it happen. Absolutely everything that's wrong with modern football... will have implications for Wales although Brennan Johnson will easily find another Prem club, not so sure about Neco.
    Neco is still only 21. He's good for his age and he will be fine after a bit of experience. This is his first season of regular football in the Premier League and he's on huge a learning curve.

I’d say at least two of the sides that go up might want Neco if Forest are relegated, although it might be on a season long loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Neco is still only 21. He's good for his age and he will be fine after a bit of experience. This is his first season of regular football in the Premier League and he's on huge a learning curve.
    Neco will be 22 in a few days. Is he really good for his age? For comparison, Trent Alexander-Arnold has been a first-team starter for Liverpool since he was 20.

Everton were terrible today.

Its difficult id love Leeds and Forest to go down.

Forest have spent a fortune. They could be in the sh!t.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Neco will be 22 in a few days. Is he really good for his age? For comparison, Trent Alexander-Arnold has been a first-team starter for Liverpool since he was 20.
    Not really a fair comparison TAA is on another level completely to Neco.

If Forest had any ambitions to stay up, what option did they have other than to spend loads of money? I can understand the argument that they spent too much, but they would undoubtedly have finished rock bottom of the Premier League if they’d spent a minimal amount and gone with what was left of last season’s squad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If Forest had any ambitions to stay up, what option did they have other than to spend loads of money? I can understand the argument that they spent too much, but they would undoubtedly have finished rock bottom of the Premier League if they’d spent a minimal amount and gone with what was left of last season’s squad.
    They went for quantity over quality - it’s ludicrous that they paid millions for Lewis O’Brien and now he’s not in their twenty five.

They went for quantity over quality - it’s ludicrous that they paid millions for Lewis O’Brien and now he’s not in their twenty five.
    To be honest, I haven’t looked closely at their squad. I just remember it had the feeling of a team getting promoted too quickly when you consider their loans and out of contract players last season.

I hope they stay up. They’ve stuck with Cooper until this point, which deserves credit. I’d like to see Everton go down, although I do like Dyche. I think Southampton are doomed and Leicester look in trouble, although their fixtures are decent.

I think Forest will probably drop as their remaining fixtures look tough.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    To be honest, I haven’t looked closely at their squad. I just remember it had the feeling of a team getting promoted too quickly when you consider their loans and out of contract players last season.

I hope they stay up. They’ve stuck with Cooper until this point, which deserves credit. I’d like to see Everton go down, although I do like Dyche. I think Southampton are doomed and Leicester look in trouble, although their fixtures are decent.

I think Forest will probably drop as their remaining fixtures look tough.
    Yeah Forest are down for me. Much worse goal difference too.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Yeah Forest are down for me. Much worse goal difference too.
    Forest finished below Huddersfield last season, which puts things into perspective.

Just done some reading on this one. Apparently, he’s on loan at DC United and wasn’t named in Forest’s 25 as he was supposed to go on loan to Blackburn in a move that fell through at the last minute.

Sounds like an unusual set of circumstances and he looks like a player who will be very useful to Forest next season if they do go down.

Josh Bowler, who scored against us yesterday - signed by Forest from Blackpool for £4m, loaned straight away to Olympiacos, played for them 4 times, recalled and loaned back to Blackpool.
    Why on earth did they sign him?

Yeah, Forest spent massively on players some of whom Cooper (allegedly) didn't even want and haven't been part of his first team squad most of the season. Absolute madness. 36 players in when you can only register 25.

You have to spend to stay up no doubt, but there's also got to be an element of continuity as well. Just a squad of mercenaries.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Yeah, Forest spent massively on players some of whom Cooper (allegedly) didn't even want and haven't been part of his first team squad most of the season. Absolute madness. 36 players in when you can only register 25.

You have to spend to stay up no doubt, but there's also got to be an element of continuity as well. Just a squad of mercenaries.
    Agree on the spend, spend, spend bit but Forest recruiting a squad of mercenaries? Welcome to the EPL and beyond!

Looking at recent form it's hard to see how the bottom three can make up any ground.

It's not really a good example, Alexander-Arnold is a generational talent, and at one point there was no one in the world who was near him, no matter what their age was. Likewise, Camavinga is probably world class in two positions and he's only still 20,

Not sure that's a fair comparison at all, to say someone isn't of a certain quality because he doesn't compare well to a player that's been seen as the best RB in the World over the last 3 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's not really a good example, Alexander-Arnold is a generational talent, and at one point there was no one in the world who was near him, no matter what their age was. Likewise, Camavinga is probably world class in two positions and he's only still 20,
    Vinicius Junior was definitely nowhere near him when he scored the winner in the Champions League final.

You don't have to be in the top RB's in the world to be "good for your age" do you?

He's playing in the Premier League and having some good games. Surely that's good?

Think it’s clear Foxes fans still blame Rodgers (the Midget) for their travails.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Vinicius Junior was definitely nowhere near him when he scored the winner in the Champions League final.
    We are talking about full-backs here, and Vinicius Junior is also one of the worlds best players.