+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Brayson.

Paul Brayson.

Now manager at Newcastle Benfield who are plying their trade at the 8th level of the English Pyramid system. He joined them as a player in 2013 and has score 281 goals in 246 games, and still playing at 45. Yeah, i know, but still impressive. I always liked him as a player, the same way i liked Danny Hill and Matt Brazier (During his loan spell) But you sort of knew that there was something missing. Just putting it out there Source-Wiki.

Re: Paul Brayson.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Now manager at Newcastle Benfield who are plying their trade at the 8th level of the English Pyramid system. He joined them as a player in 2013 and has score 281 goals in 246 games, and still playing at 45. Yeah, i know, but still impressive. I always liked him as a player, the same way i liked Danny Hill and Matt Brazier (During his loan spell) But you sort of knew that there was something missing. Just putting it out there Source-Wiki.
    Brayson was a useful utility forward

Played a blinder in the Leeds fa Cup win

Matt Brazier was a brief phenom!

Don Cowie is Malky's No 2 at Ross Co.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Matt Brazier was a brief phenom!
    Yes, i really liked him, and then he signed a permanent deal. I'll raise you a Winston Faerber, anyone remember the stormer he played against Oxford away, 1998 season, might have been 2nd game of the season? ****ing downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Don Cowie is Malky's No 2 at Ross Co.

StT.
    <><
    This is the type of info we need more of.

Yes, i really liked him, and then he signed a permanent deal. I'll raise you a Winston Faerber, anyone remember the stormer he played against Oxford away, 1998 season, might have been 2nd game of the season? ****ing downhill from there.
    We had thousands at Oxford that day

It was blistering hot

First away of the season ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

It was blistering hot

I think so, the old Manor ground in Headington, i think the Britannia pub was smashed up by some of our lot. It was certainly August time.

I think so, the old Manor ground in Headington, i think the Britannia pub was smashed up by some of our lot. It was certainly August time.
    Mid August, first away I think

Most of our fans were leathered

It was the other home pub on Headington High Street I think

This is the type of info we need more of.
    Roger Johnson is manager of Brackley in the National League North.

Mid August, first away I think

Most of our fans were leathered

It was the other home pub on Headington High Street I think
    That would have been the royal standard or the white horse. I was stuck up there for 6 months working.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    This is what we like He had his head up his own arse.

This is what we like He had his head up his own arse.
    Oh Roger didn't lack self belief

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He was sacked yesterday

I remember Brayson scoring a vital goal in a top of the table clash v Chesterfield. He was a good little player.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    I remember Brayson scoring a vital goal in a top of the table clash v Chesterfield. He was a good little player.
    He was

That would have been the royal standard or the white horse. I was stuck up there for 6 months working.
    Nice place Headington but Oxford had a few rough areas

Bit of football trivia, the name ‘Oxford’ United has only been the club’s name since 1960, it was previously Headington United, elected to the league in 1962, taking the place of the bankrupt Accrington Stanley.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Bit of football trivia, the name ‘Oxford’ United has only been the club’s name since 1960, it was previously Headington United, elected to the league in 1962, taking the place of the bankrupt Accrington Stanley.
    Forgot to add that when Oxford were relegated out of the League in 2006, ironically, Accrington Stanley were one of the two who replaced them.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Forgot to add that when Oxford were relegated out of the League in 2006, ironically, Accrington Stanley were one of the two who replaced them.
    What a coincidence. Thanks for posting

It was blistering hot

it was great day out

Yep, a great 3-2 win! I really thought we would do well that season, instead of nose diving straight back to the dungeon

Mike Ford was manager of Oxford City, who are just down the road from where the Manor Ground was, He's now manager at Evesham United who play in The Southern League.

Who?