+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hatzidakis/Robertson

Hatzidakis/Robertson

2 wrongs don’t make a right but with the abuse the ‘linos’ get (and even refs to be fair) it doesn’t surprise me that there isn’t more retaliation. I’d be happy to see immediate red cards for the in the face vitriol we see every week.

Re: Hatzidakis/Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    2 wrongs don’t make a right but with the abuse the ‘linos’ get (and even refs to be fair) it doesn’t surprise me that there isn’t more retaliation. I’d be happy to see immediate red cards for the in the face vitriol we see every week.
    We could learn a lot from rugby

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    “PGMOL will not be appointing Constantine Hatzidakis to fixtures in any of the competition it serves whilst The FA investigates the incident involving the assistant referee and Liverpool defender Andrew Robertson at Anfield.”

I think he reacted to Robertson handling him first. He just did it too aggressively.

Captains only to speak to officials.

Anyone else give them a yellow.

Then a red.

Would soon stop.

Maybe refs and linos should be allowed to retaliate using whatever force they want. Would make things interesting 😁

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Captains only to speak to officials.

Anyone else give them a yellow.

Then a red.

Would soon stop.
    Spot on,would be so easy to impliment.

I'm amazed how a player can front up to an official and scream expletives in his face - you see it constantly in the PL. I suppose their egos extend to being complete and utter louts, not to mention the almost constant cheating [aka Liverpool v Arsenal]. In the end Robinson has grabbed hold of him and the lino has pushed him off. He didn't intend to hit Robinson, and Robinson knows that.

Replace their white line spray with pepper spray

SuperBluebirds91

I’m not saying it was right for the linesman to do this. I am not even sure if he actually made much contact with the player but the abuse that the refs and linesman get is getting worse by the week. I was thinking this a while ago that there’s so many matches where all the players are swarming around the ref shouting and arguing. It’s getting out of hand. The mitrovic incident also occurred and I believe if things are t sorted out soon there will be more of that!

I am not one bit surprised that the linesman did that and I would imagine the player was giving him some form of abuse etc. so investigate it and also reprimand the player too further as well as the Lino. They need to sort this out perhaps where just the captain speaks to the ref and that’s it. Anyone else gets a warning then a booking - simple as!
    Refs aren’t always correct and tbh that match yesterday saw Arsenal come off a lot of worse for decisions but you cannot take it out on someone who’s job is very very difficult and vice versa

Always the victims yet again

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Spot on,would be so easy to impliment.
    I'm not sure what's stopping it? Why wouldn't they want to make things easier for the officials?

Ridiculous to suspend the lino , he hardly made any contact if any at all with Robertson who had gone out of his way to confront him and was no doubt hurling abuse at him. No surprise a footballer exaggerates any minimal contact . They should be questioning why Robertson was approaching him

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Always the victims yet again
    What?

I'm in the Roy Keene camp - Robertson was acting like a big baby.

It looked like Robertson grabbed the lino's arm and he tried to shrug him off.