+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Wrexham

Wrexham

now that was a Hollywood finish for you!

Re: Wrexham

I’ve never seen a club have so many thrillers like them. Seems like it’s never a boring moment.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’ve never seen a club have so many thrillers like them. Seems like it’s never a boring moment.
    I had both games on and no guesses as to which one was the better watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    I had both games on and no guesses as to which one was the better watch!
    The one with 5 goals not 1?

5 goal thriller. Unfortunately i choose to watch our drab performance

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Very entertaining second half. Wrexham scored 2 good goals and were gifted the 3rd. To say it was a dramatic finish is an understatement. Wasn’t a bad penalty, I thought, but excellent save.

Hopefully they should seal promotion now.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Would take a very brave referee to call that in real time. I'd say foolish.

Watch the pen on Twitter and it's impossible to tell.

great pen, even better save, you want your keeper to make them, strong arm

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Would take a very brave referee to call that in real time. I'd say foolish.

Watch the pen on Twitter and it's impossible to tell.
    You really need to be a Lino looking along the goal line to have any chance of spotting it. Even then it’s very difficult to call with confidence.

I couldn't get the City game on the red button so I watched the match with City on the radio. County played some lovely stuff and caused Wrexham problems, but didn't create a great deal. County's defence was awful, tried to press with a high line and kept being caught out by simple balls over the top. It cost them the game. How they didn't sort that out I don't know. It got worse as they chased the game.

Both teams need to go up, they’re way above the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    You really need to be a Lino looking along the goal line to have any chance of spotting it. Even then it’s very difficult to call with confidence.
    The lino would be there, even still that far of the line would be a crazy call.

It will be tough for whoever miss out automatically but they are so far above the rest they should be able to do it in style at Wembley. If you could guarantee a route up that's the best one.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It will be tough for whoever miss out automatically but they are so far above the rest they should be able to do it in style at Wembley. If you could guarantee a route up that's the best one.
    Hmmm. Didnt work out that way for Wrexham last year. Seemed to knock the stuffing out of them after missing out on automatic.

Hopefully Notts County go up. I love the play offs but seems rather unjust on this occasion, they are on course for over 100 points.

any team that gets over 100 points the league deserves to win it, let alone be promoted , it'll be a joke if both dont go up

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hmmm. Didnt work out that way for Wrexham last year. Seemed to knock the stuffing out of them after missing out on automatic.

Hopefully Notts County go up. I love the play offs but seems rather unjust on this occasion, they are on course for over 100 points.
    I've always defended the play off system, as everyone knows the rules at the start of the season.

But I agree, if either fails to go up this season it'll seem unfair as they are both miles and miles ahead of the rest. The playoffs will be an ordeal for the fans, whichever it is, as the opponents have absolutely nothing to lose and the pressure on them will be immense and inevitably lead to mistakes.

It's probably worth betting against them in the playoffs as I'd say a slip up in these games is more likely than a slip up in the league and the odds will be healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Of course anything can happen but last year Wrexham finished on 88 points, only a point ahead of 3rd. Both these already hit 100.

They look and are levels above the rest and if mentally right should still get up.

It's just one of those things. There's an argument for two automatically, one auto seems harsh but then I'm sure there are plenty of seasons where the league has been a lot tighter to call.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Of course anything can happen but last year Wrexham finished on 88 points, only a point ahead of 3rd. Both these already hit 100.

They look and are levels above the rest and if mentally right should still get up.

It's just one of those things. There's an argument for two automatically, one auto seems harsh but then I'm sure there are plenty of seasons where the league has been a lot tighter to call.
    Seems silly to have 3 down 3 up all the way to league 2/national League

Just watched the highlights....my word what passion and drive, and no little skill - it does make me envious with the drivel we serve up, and at 40 Foster is streets ahead of our keepers.

Like others It's criminal that Notts County COULD miss out on promotion...hope they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Seems silly to have 3 down 3 up all the way to league 2/national League
    It can't be far away from a more realistic, League 2, North and South. Almost every team in the National League is mostly professional. More sustainable travel distances and matching lower leagues would help most teams at this level so no more Carlisle vs Gillinghams

My Wrexham mate is taking me to Barnet on Saturday looking forward to seeing a bit passion on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    My Wrexham mate is taking me to Barnet on Saturday looking forward to seeing a bit passion on the pitch.
    It's CCMB not Tinder, mate!