+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Wrexham

Re: Wrexham

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    My Wrexham mate is taking me to Barnet on Saturday looking forward to seeing a bit passion on the pitch.
    More seriously, through following Wales have made quite a few good Wrexham friends. Really hope they seal the deal. Have a great time on Saturday!

I've really enjoyed watching Wrexham when they've been online. A Welsh club playing with passion, skill and commitment and owners who clearly engage with the fans. I really feel quite downhearted with what's going on with our club.

I completely agree Taffy Blue
    The football we’re playing at the moment is dire
    Half time we stayed in the bar only venturing back to our seats when they pulled the shutters down
    Ojo was absolute shite and Philogene arguably our best player gets hooked off on 36 minutes
    He was arguing with Wickham where he shot instead of laying on the pass and it was obvious there was something going on possibly behind the scenes
    Perhaps he’s not sharing his balloons 🎈?

Ben Foster:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...wanting-to-win

“It’s the club I owe a lot to,” he says. “If it was anybody else there would have been a question mark. I had so many offers earlier in the season. I had the big one from Newcastle, I had a couple from other Premier League teams, other teams around the world, in America, and nothing really fitted me. There was nothing I was really interested in, but this stuck out like a sore thumb.

“They’ve welcomed me back so well. I didn’t want to come and be a bit of a circus. I didn’t want it to be all: ‘Oh, he played in the Premier League last year and he does his YouTube and it’s all about getting content.’ It’s not about that, I promise you. It’s about playing good football and wanting to win.

“When the manager Phil said to me: ‘Do you want it? Do you really want to come back and do it again?’ I knew what he was getting at. I promised Phil I wanted to do it and I have shown the younger lads here that I want it too.”

Was looking at the fixtures. It's actually not all over yet. Wrexham have the tougher run in really. Obviously they are in the driving seat now but it's not a foregone conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Was looking at the fixtures. It's actually not all over yet. Wrexham have the tougher run in really. Obviously they are in the driving seat now but it's not a foregone conclusion.
    They've picked up 2.45 points per game over the course of the season.

It would be a horrific capitulation if they ****ed it up from here.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Ben Foster:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...wanting-to-win

“It’s the club I owe a lot to,” he says. “If it was anybody else there would have been a question mark. I had so many offers earlier in the season. I had the big one from Newcastle, I had a couple from other Premier League teams, other teams around the world, in America, and nothing really fitted me. There was nothing I was really interested in, but this stuck out like a sore thumb.

“They’ve welcomed me back so well. I didn’t want to come and be a bit of a circus. I didn’t want it to be all: ‘Oh, he played in the Premier League last year and he does his YouTube and it’s all about getting content.’ It’s not about that, I promise you. It’s about playing good football and wanting to win.

“When the manager Phil said to me: ‘Do you want it? Do you really want to come back and do it again?’ I knew what he was getting at. I promised Phil I wanted to do it and I have shown the younger lads here that I want it too.”
    He turned them down earlier this season!

It’s all to do with his YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Just watched the highlights....my word what passion and drive, and no little skill - it does make me envious with the drivel we serve up, and at 40 Foster is streets ahead of our keepers.
    Like others It's criminal that Notts County COULD miss out on promotion...hope they don't.

Let's see!! We have a welsh club (not in our league) with drive, pashun and skill. We are drivel Yet you want the English club promoted over a welsh club? you want reading to stay up over us maybe? Think before you type

This Wrexham thing is all very romantic but I really couldn't give a toss at the moment

Bluebirds !

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Let's see!! We have a welsh club (not in our league) with drive, pashun and skill. We are drivel Yet you want the English club promoted over a welsh club? you want reading to stay up over us maybe? Think before you type
    That is not what I said is it? I would have thought my comments re Wrexham would have shown that.
    What I meant is that I hope Notts County do not miss out on promotion when they play third placed team. Don't jump to conclusions....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    That is not what I said is it? I would have thought my comments re Wrexham would have shown that.
    What I meant is that I hope Notts County do not miss out on promotion when they play third placed team. Don't jump to conclusions....
    He is trolling you Maurice

its a great watch, full of drama and he looks like he is well up for it, enjoying the excitement ( dare I say " buzz " ) of it all

The Notts County game was exciting but the defending was dreadful at times.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    They've picked up 2.45 points per game over the course of the season.

It would be a horrific capitulation if they ****ed it up from here.
    They're only 3 points ahead with 4 games left - that wouldn't be what I would call a horrific capitulation

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    They're only 3 points ahead with 4 games left - that wouldn't be what I would call a horrific capitulation
    They'd have to drastically lower their average, in a small number of games.

The point of mentioning averages was, because if they continue with that average they'll be ok, won't they.

4 goes for them, dont forget Notts County only have 3 left

For that, we should look at Cardiff City 2008-09.

In one years time we could be a league below Wrexham.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    4 goes for them, dont forget Notts County only have 3 left
    If it goes to form Wrexham win their game in hand the gap is 6 points with 9 left to play for. But according to rjk that's nothing major.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    If it goes to form Wrexham win their game in hand the gap is 6 points with 9 left to play for. But according to rjk that's nothing major.
    One of them have Barnet away, that could be a tricky one……

I do hope they both go up

Just watched the wrexham v notts game ...both teams would smash the crap out of our lot.

I feel conflicted about the Wrexham 'revival'

I think it's a nice story and like the attention Wales is getting is positive

Also, being a previous avid Wales away supporter, city and Wrexham have always gotten on well.

However, I am petty and childish enough to still remember our battles with them in the 4th division and the injury Gary Bennett caused to Carl Dale which effectively ended his career with us (he was never the same).

Also, I'm also a little jealous of how engaged their owners are in the project while ours seem to bounce from one problem to another.

Overall - I hope they go up, but I wouldn't lose sleep if they don't continue to shoot up the leagues after this season.