+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: FT: SHEFFIELD UTD 4 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: SHEFFIELD UTD 4 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    You can always have a rethink in the future. You're good at that.
    You have seven days until the Stoke City game. Why not organise a pre-match anti-Tan protest? Stick your head above the parapet for once. Go on, you can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If you and others boycotted when Tan changed our kits, maybe we wouldn’t be where we are. Some people actually did something while you just whinge about others not caring on here while doing precisely **** all.
    Maybe we wouldn't. Maybe we would.

If I do boycott the club though and tell everybody and their mate that I'm doing it I wouldn't be back until Tan left.

Fact is I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You have seven days until the Stoke City game. Why not organise a pre-match anti-Tan protest? Stick your head above the parapet for once. Go on, you can do it.
    Who with?

People don't seem upset enough to protest do they.

I'd be on my own it seems. I am astonished that people aren't more fed up with our ownership and board.

Get me on ignore if it bores you.
    I will actually be posting a bit less if possible as it is achieving very little on here. People don't have appetite for even a silent protest with scarves. You can't organise anything with people who seem fine with the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Wickham hitting the post was the turning point for me, that goes in and we, deservedly I thought, draw level and it’s game on. Fine margins. 21 shots to their 20, yet lose 4-1 through daft, schoolboy errors. VAR maybe would have ruled out their fourth, seemed like a couple of handballs. Bollocks!!!!!!
    If we lose there are people who will say we are rubbish.

We were rubbish against Sunderland, and lost 1-0. We were not rubbish collectively against Sheff Utd and lost 4 - 1.

A couple of bad mistakes against a very strong though not inspiring team gave a result which was not a fair reflection of the game.

I sigh if Bluelewj is in a thread. I've seen his opinion a million times and don't care, because he is a one-trick single-agenda pony. What a keyboard warrior!! Does he realise what a bore he is? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Beginning of the season would have said Allsop was an average Championship keeper. He actually seems to have got progressively worse as the season goes on. He's now a rank liability - should have stopped the 1st, missed the ball for the 3rd, and jumped into thin air for their 4th. He is utter garbage.
    His surname is now very appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    If we lose there are people who will say we are rubbish.

We were rubbish against Sunderland, and lost 1-0. We were not rubbish collectively against Sheff Utd and lost 4 - 1.

A couple of bad mistakes against a very strong though not inspiring team gave a result which was not a fair reflection of the game.

I sigh if Bluelewj is in a thread. I've seen his opinion a million times and don't care, because he is a one-trick single-agenda pony. What a keyboard warrior!! Does he realise what a bore he is? I doubt it.

Ignore button works as well as it ever has.

I will be posting less though.

Never thought I'd say it but there seems more true feelings for the wellbeing of the club on the other board.

Who with?
    Who knows? Maybe hundreds will turn out if you make an effort. Maybe thousands will. Maybe nobody will. But we’ll never know because you won’t organise a protest, will you? Instead, you’ll complain that nobody is doing anything to oppose Tan while doing absolutely nothing to oppose Tan. Because that’s the sort of person you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Didn't he buy an aeroplane, with the purpose of flying the team to long-distance away games?
    The only thing he had over looked was the plane didn't have enough seating capacity for a full-match day squad, manager,kit manager, medical staff, etc etc
    Pretty sure he didn't no, though he already had aeroplanes which he used for his other businesses. He may have hoped to use/claim expenses for that for football but they weren't bought with that purpose in mind.
    He was a friend of my father's who was also briefly on the board and a mad keen pilot who flew everywhere whenever he could.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Didn't he buy an aeroplane, with the purpose of flying the team to long-distance away games?
    The only thing he had over looked was the plane didn't have enough seating capacity for a full-match day squad, manager,kit manager, medical staff, etc etc
    Quite.

But apparently he was great according to some.

Who knows? Maybe hundreds will turn out if you make an effort. Maybe thousands will. Maybe nobody will. But we’ll never know because you won’t organise a protest, will you? Instead, you’ll complain that nobody is doing anything to oppose Tan while doing absolutely nothing to oppose Tan. Because that’s the sort of person you are.
    I'm a person who doesn't get protests off the ground yes.

I won't ignore the main issues at the club though.

As I say the other board seems to have people who genuinely have the wellbeing of the club at heart. Can't believe I'm even typing that. Just very contrasting groups.

You'll be happy to know I will be posting less. Many here are a lost cause. Hope they enjoy League 1 and lower under this lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Quite.

But apparently he was great according to some.
    Wasn't it a 10-seater?

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Wasn't it a 10-seater?
    Who was on the wing?

You don’t do anything at all. You just moan about others doing nothing while doing absolutely nothing yourself. Grow a backbone, man! Display some courage for once. Stop endlessly grizzling about Tan and his board and actually do something to oppose them. Take the initiative. Organise a protest. I was going to repeat that you can do it, but in fairness it’s obvious you can’t.

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Pretty sure he didn't no, though he already had aeroplanes which he used for his other businesses. He may have hoped to use/claim expenses for that for football but they weren't bought with that purpose in mind.
    He was a friend of my father's who was also briefly on the board and a mad keen pilot who flew everywhere whenever he could.
    Either way it is sad that he died so young. Only 54 :-(

I won't ignore the main issues at the club though.

As I say the other board seems to have people who genuinely have the wellbeing of the club at heart. Can't believe I'm even typing that. Just very contrasting groups.

You'll be happy to know I will be posting less. Many here are a lost cause. Hope they enjoy League 1 and lower under this lot.
    Well go over there.

Of course last time your posts were over there you claimed someone was impersonating you and you were complaining about them on this board.🤣🤣🤣

Interesting. What are they organising to improve the wellbeing of the club?

You don’t do anything at all. You just moan about others doing nothing while doing absolutely nothing yourself. Grow a backbone, man! Display some courage for once. Stop endlessly grizzling about Tan and his board and actually do something to oppose them. Take the initiative. Organise a protest. I was going to repeat that you can do it, but in fairness it’s obvious you can’t.
    I do moan a lot, yes.

I'd like to see the club in a better light, I really would. I can just see us going downhill fast.

It would be better for me to post less here.

As I've said with the protest, a silent protest along the lines of Man United's Green and yellow scarves was touched on by me on here. It was shot down as not the right time. If you can't get a shred of interest for a silent protest then sadly it isn't going to happen.

We will get the club we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Interesting. What are they organising to improve the wellbeing of the club?
    Nothing. We've established this.

I suggested a silent protest. It was shot down as the wrong time for it. It is what it is.

We as a fanbase are doing nothing.

Maybe the time has come to sack off the profile.
    I'll hardly be back as another username either as my anti Tan sentiment would stick out like a sore thumb.

How would you go about deleting a profile?

Not sure slagging off the board on most topics is healthy for the threads or for me if I'm honest.
    I only hope that there is some appetite for saving our club but posting here and being shouted down achieves little.

As I've said with the protest, a silent protest along the lines of Man United's Green and yellow scarves was touched on by me on here.
    Get it organised, then. Set it up. Publicise it. Contact the press. Take the initiative. It’s not difficult, although what scarves you’d use I don’t know. But if you feel strongly about the situation, do something. Don’t just criticise others for doing nothing when you’re doing nothing yourself.

Get it organised, then. Set it up. Publicise it. Contact the press. Take the initiative. It’s not difficult, although what scarves you’d use I don’t know. But if you feel strongly about the situation, do something. Don’t just criticise others for doing nothing when you’re doing nothing yourself.
    No. I'll get involved if there is appetite for it.

There seems very little, especially here.
    You can't organise a protest with people that don't feel there is an issue with the board. It is just the way it is.

Thought we looked good for 60 minutes against a decent side .

Didn't deserve 4-1 . Worse game McGuinness has had ??? ( sadly as he half decent )

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Didn't deserve 4-1 . Worse game McGuinness has had ??? ( sadly as he half decent )
    It wasn't a total disaster and looked well in it at times.

Sadly, at this level a few mistakes and it is game over.
    That was what happened and we got what most of us felt we would so not disastrous.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Yeah agree, such a shame such stupid mistakes, one of Ralls or Wickhams efforts going in and it could have been a different game. All ifs and buts but frustrating finish to just throw it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Could write an essay on that game on the way home but in short, we can’t defend, we can’t score and Allsop is the worst keeper we’ve had since Turnbull. McG and Allsop were poor and Ng was miles off it, again. Wickham and Kaba doesn’t work and why O’Dowda came on to play CB God knows.
    And that's all the good news.