+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: FT: SHEFFIELD UTD 4 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: SHEFFIELD UTD 4 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    There's being involved, and then there's ALWAYS taking the shot and not looking for a pass..
    I’d say he’s got a decent scoring record for us

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think he said McGuinness was ill for the game against Sunderland.
    I didn’t catch that bit

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    I’d say he’s got a decent scoring record for us
    I think he shoots when he can pass. I think the opposition know he's going to shoot as well, because as soon as he skips his man and makes space it's what he always does.

Im not knocking one of the bright lights in the team, but he would improve if he looked to pass now and again. Can't fault the confidence of the lad, it's great, but pass

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I think he shoots when he can pass. I think the opposition know he's going to shoot as well, because as soon as he skips his man and makes space it's what he always does.

Im not knocking one of the bright lights in the team, but he would improve if he looked to pass now and again. Can't fault the confidence of the lad, it's great, but pass
    Fair point. Either way though we need to give him the ball more

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    A few thoughts about today’s game:
    The commentator mentions McGuiness had been ill, may explain why he was below par.
    NG is much more used to, and better at, centre half and looks less comfortable as a full back/ wing back. I can only think Romeo wasn’t back to full fitness as a reason why he didn’t start.
    Simpson did ok, his injury was caused by a cheap shot which deserved a booking. We should have put O’Dowda at LWB and Romeo on the right second half if we were staying as a back 5.
    Wickham aside from his shot that hit the bar looked off the pace when he came on, he was poor against Sunderland too.
    Philogene is such a great player and our only creative forward player currently. He takes players on and causes panic amongst defenders, we need to get him involved more.
    I think we’ll stay up, there seem to be injuries and suspensions a lot at the moment along with the likes of QPR in free fall. If we can avoid losing important players we should be ok.
    I think we need to acknowledge that Wickham wasn't pulling up trees at Forest Green in League 1. He's looked marginally better than some of our other attackers, which says more about them than it does about Wickham.

I think we need to acknowledge that Wickham wasn't pulling up trees at Forest Green in League 1. He's looked marginally better than some of our other attackers, which says more about them than it does about Wickham.
    I think he’s been a great addition considering our situation, I’d be surprised if he isn’t given another year.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think he’s been a great addition considering our situation, I’d be surprised if he isn’t given another year.
    Which says so much about our situation. He wouldn't have got a look in a decade ago.

It's less than ideal that Stoke, who play on Tuesday, get an extra 24 hours to rest and recover for next Saturday's game.

That's far less egregious than the Huddersfield fixture. They will have a whopping 12 days to prepare for that fixture while City will have 62 hours from when the final whistle sounds at Rotherham.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I did notice that tbh.

Think a break from posting might do me good.

Is there any way other than through the mods you can get rid of the profile?
    you could just make a dramatic flounce and people will plead with you to stay Flounce and then come back in a few weeks

think of the Drama people love it

Which says so much about our situation. He wouldn't have got a look in a decade ago.
    In 2012/13, our list of attackers was Velikonja, Smith, Gestede, Mason, Helguson, Maynard, Campbell, Healey and Bellamy, in the Championship.

Wickham was 20, played 12 times for Sunderland in the Prem.

I'm sure you'll cite some statistic about the merits of not using Prem quality players in a Championship side, but to claim he'd not have had a look in is just silly.

This is probably the worst City team I have seen since I've been watching (2001) and we was a League One team then...