+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: SHEFFIELD UTD 4 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: SHEFFIELD UTD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

My first away match of the season. I've never been to Bramhall Lane before. I'm not looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    My first away match of the season. I've never been to Bramhall Lane before. I'm not looking forward to it.
    Last time I went....April 1971...weeknight game....full of hope....promotion clash. In typical City fashion we bottled it and lost 5-1. They went on from that to promotion...
    Table ended up: After 42 matches, the final outcome was; Leicester 59 pts, Sheff Utd 56pts, Cardiff 53pts. 2 points for a win in those days.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Last time I went....April 1971...weeknight game....full of hope....promotion clash. In typical City fashion we bottled it and lost 5-1. They went on from that to promotion...
    Table ended up: After 42 matches, the final outcome was; Leicester 59 pts, Sheff Utd 56pts, Cardiff 53pts. 2 points for a win in those days.

Remember it well. Went up on the train from Cardiff, a special I believe. It was like a morgue on the way back. Sheff Utd had six shots and scored with five of them.

StT.
    <><