+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: FT: SHEFFIELD UTD 4 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: SHEFFIELD UTD v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

In the 70s, great team. Toshack sold to Liverpool approx 100k Warboys in. Crunch game!
    Sheffield Utd. Lost 5-1. I cried. Hopefully hoorah this time. Another crunch game as are they all?

we will lose

Billy Sharp is on 249 league goals. He hasn’t scored in a Championship game since mid-December. Ominous.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I can remember going away to Wrexham..not whoninwas with or what the score was just that I went don't remember anything about the play off game with QPR apart from the goal at the end, and that's only because it gets played every so often. I don't know where I was sat, it may have been behind the goal, noise was unreal I remember that much but as for any details..zilch.
    On the flip side I find it odd that you went to a place but can't remember who it was with, if you were behind the goal or not etc.

What bits do you actually remember? Just the name of the place and nothing outside of that? Maybe others remember like that but usually my memories are just that. Actual things that happened. Some more than others but details, as fuzzy as they might be. I wouldn't look at say Sheffield United this Saturday and think Sheffield, I've been there, with literally no background information. That seems peculiar to me.

I can remember going away to Wrexham..not whoninwas with or what the score was just that I went don't remember anything about the play off game with QPR apart from the goal at the end, and that's only because it gets played every so often. I don't know where I was sat, it may have been behind the goal, noise was unreal I remember that much but as for any details..zilch.
    This is the right way to be thinking about it. Six weeks time forgetting this season ever happened

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    On the flip side I find it odd that you went to a place but can't remember who it was with, if you were behind the goal or not etc.

What bits do you actually remember? Just the name of the place and nothing outside of that? Maybe others remember like that but usually my memories are just that. Actual things that happened. Some more than others but details, as fuzzy as they might be. I wouldn't look at say Sheffield United this Saturday and think Sheffield, I've been there, with literally no background information. That seems peculiar to me.
    I went with my dad to Wrexham, as all away trips back in the day, I was just thinking about the wider picture who was on the coach etc I'd have no clue.

As for the play off game, family, but again, there was a whole day out and I can't remember where we went pre game and who we were with.

If I was going to Sheffield for example, I'd know I'd been there and where the ground was, what pubs to go to, it's the same as going back to Ibiza and knowing where to go on the piss..
    I just can't see how someone can remember 50 years ago like it was this morning

I’m willing to bet for a lot of us alcohol has something to do with the fact that we can remember details from our childhood more vividly than those in our 20’s and 30’s.

Memory is a funny thing though, there have been plenty of studies that show it’s nowhere near as reliable as we think it is, even for events we would swear we remember photographically. I have some very vivid memories of 9/11 that don’t line up at all with the fact I was in the UK and the time zone and time of day it happened, probably living most of the 20 years following in the US and hearing Americans talk about it have warped things somewhere upstairs.

And if that doesn’t get us even more off topic, I don’t know what will…

Eyebrow-raising to learn QPR, rather than Reading, are fave's to drop with Wigan and Blackpool.

Championship relegation odds 2022-2023: https://www.oddschecker.com/football...h/championship

1-100 Wigan Athletic.
    1-50 Blackpool.
    5-4 Queens Park Rangers
    7-4 Reading.
    11-4 Huddersfield Town.
    4-1 Cardiff City.
    11-1 Rotherham United.

That is seriously weird.

I can remember loads of details from the QPR play off final (who I went with, where we sat, where we met beforehand, my boys when we scored, what we did afterwards) and I even went to Wrexham in 1993 with my Dad and can recall actual things at that he said to me, as well as the fact that we won comfortably (and I can honestly say that I never say that).

My wife tells me that I have a terrible memory but if you can’t remember this sort of stuff, then why bother?!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    That is seriously weird.

I can remember loads of details from the QPR play off final (who I went with, where we sat, where we met beforehand, my boys when we scored, what we did afterwards) and I even went to Wrexham in 1993 with my Dad and can recall actual things at that he said to me, as well as the fact that we won comfortably (and I can honestly say that I never say that).

My wife tells me that I have a terrible memory but if you can’t remember this sort of stuff, then why bother?!
    It's almost like memories are the thing you want to remember!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It's almost like memories are the thing you want to remember!
    I remember what I wasn't to remember.

Not really sure of the point of remembering things 57 years ago like the weather in Colchester on a Tuesday night and what lagerni drank on the bus with Jimmy, Jon and Barry. Some bald striker missed 2 gift wrapped opportunities and we lost 1 nil.

Aye, f*ck that FA Cup win in 1927, I bet fans who were there reminisced for the rest of their lives. That Liverpool League Cup Final even the Pompey FA Cup Final or more pertinent that quarter final at the Riverside. I love my memories.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Aye, f*ck that FA Cup win in 1927, I bet fans who were there reminisced for the rest of their lives. That Liverpool League Cup Final even the Pompey FA Cup Final or more pertinent that quarter final at the Riverside. I love my memories.
    Not what I said.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Eyebrow-raising to learn QPR, rather than Reading, are fave's to drop with Wigan and Blackpool.

Championship relegation odds 2022-2023: https://www.oddschecker.com/football...h/championship

1-100 Wigan Athletic.
    1-50 Blackpool.
    5-4 Queens Park Rangers
    7-4 Reading.
    11-4 Huddersfield Town.
    4-1 Cardiff City.
    11-1 Rotherham United.
    One of them two, probably QPR.

The team/formation always a bit of a lottery with this manager. Can I plead with him not to pick Ojo.
    Allsopp
    Romeo
    Ng
    McGuinness
    Cedric
    ODowda
    Ralls
    Sawyers
    Wintle
    Kaba
    Philogene
    5/3/2

Expect a loss. A draw would be a big bonus. Sheff form is solid rather than spectacular.
    2-0 Sheffield 😥

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    The team/formation always a bit of a lottery with this manager. Can I plead with him not to pick Ojo.
    Allsopp
    Romeo
    Ng
    McGuinness
    Cedric
    ODowda
    Ralls
    Sawyers
    Wintle
    Kaba
    Philogene
    5/3/2

Expect a loss. A draw would be a big bonus. Sheff form is solid rather than spectacular.
    2-0 Sheffield ��
    Same team as above. I'm going to say 2-1 City.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    The only question mark I had was whether to play Philogene at RWB, which I suspect the manager may do. My problem then is, who is no10? Absolutely not Ojo and dont think 2 big men up top will work, at the start anyway.
    I admire your optimism. I am a born pessimist when it comes to City.

I like that front 2 as well. And Ralls has shown something in his bit part role lately so maybe not a bad thing he starts. Hopefully he has his passing eye facing forward.

I think we can smash and grab this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    The only question mark I had was whether to play Philogene at RWB, which I suspect the manager may do. My problem then is, who is no10? Absolutely not Ojo and dont think 2 big men up top will work, at the start anyway.
    I admire your optimism. I am a born pessimist when it comes to City.
    Likewise, but as I am going to it tomorrow I'm telling myself I'm going to watch a win

I am 37 and I have vague memories of childhood, things stick out like where we went on holiday and where we lived etc.

How on earth do you remember something that happened in 1971 "well" ?

I am not having a pop I am genuinely intrigued. It was 52 years ago.
    I know you are not knocking. When events have a big impact on you, and that game did on this 20 yr old fan, it's strange that you do remember them. Similarly I can remember things about the King Crimson concert at The Capitol Theatre in Cardiff on Oct 29th 1971. It had an impact on me.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    I know you are not knocking. When events have a big impact on you, and that game did on this 20 yr old fan, it's strange that you do remember them. Similarly I can remember things about the King Crimson concert at The Capitol Theatre in Cardiff on Oct 29th 1971. It had an impact on me.

StT.
    <><
    When you put it like that, it makes sense.

Id go Alnwick Ng MacGuiness Kipre O Dowda Wintle Ralls Rino Philogene Kaba Davies.

If Colwill was fit id have him instead of Rino.

If any players are reading this can I politely ask them not to concede stupid feckng free kicks on the edge of the box. We know there can only be 1 result as Alsopp not capable of saving.

Same here for the lineup. I reckon we could get a surprise point.

Great away day this

https://fb.watch/jVrJhsPgrV/