+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Out of curiosity

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Out of curiosity

Why are we so desperate to stay up to have another season of crap like we're getting used to? Is the lure of playing the likes of Birmingham City and Millwall that strong?

The club is a mess. I think most of us recognise that it is being poorly run from on high, where our total lack of footballing knowledge in the boardroom is costing us.

I wasn't the greatest fan of Peter Ridsdale but he had contacts in the game and we seemed to be able to pick up some gems for very little. Other than if the manager finds someone, have we got any contacts at board level to find some cheap talent? Swansea managed it pretty well as they had people who were very much in the know. None of our board has a clue.

I look at Wrexham and how everyone joining the club knows how much it means to be a part of that club. Swansea had the same ethos. Do we? I don't hear players saying they're proud to be a part of the club. I don't see our owners or board making a big thing of how amazing it is to be a part of the city of Cardiff, let alone the club.

Any manager that makes a mistake with a signing becomes untrustworthy to Tan.

How much further can we sink due to his stubbornness? At some point Tan has to realise that what we're seeing on the field is as a result of an inept board and owner and get people in who know what they're doing.

A part of me wonders if we do manage to stay up, Tan will pat himself on the back and congratulate himself and the whole cycle starts again. Still, we could always celebrate survival with a trip to Coventry next season. Far better than Peterborough.

Re: Out of curiosity

I’ve no idea where we go from here. I do know that if we are relegated there’s less chance of anyone wanting to buy the Dictator out.

We need a massive reset from top to bottom. The next ten years could be painful ones.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I’ve no idea where we go from here. I do know that if we are relegated there’s less chance of anyone wanting to buy the Dictator out.

We need a massive reset from top to bottom. The next ten years could be painful ones.
    If we stay where we are, there's less likelihood of Tan selling up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yep in his deluded world he was talking at another crack at the PL and spending 10 seasons there…..insanity?

I don't think that is correct. Tan would have to accept a massive loss if he were to sell the club after we dropped down to League One.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I don't think that is correct. Tan would have to accept a massive loss if he were to sell the club after we dropped down to League One.
    He will anyway…..his ineptitude has cost him 100 million

How is Tan a dictator, granted he’s made mistakes ,but a dictator is a bit OTT.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    He made us play in red and we have a Chinese dragon on our badge FFS. What else do you want?

On the contrary, I think if we do go down there’s much more chance of Tan letting go and realising he’s been a failure. Be lucky to get 20 million….he might aswell take it be even less in league 2.

They should have some inkling that things have gone awry. Even a near miss should be a slap in the face. A few months back Tan scoffed at the idea there was no plan but no-one seemed to push him on what it actually was or whether some insurance against relegation was part of it. Seems like we're gonna have to ride it out while the club supposedly learns from each fresh set of mistakes but surely better to do that against Birmingham and Millwall again rather than in the LDV Vans trophy or whatever it is these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    They should have some inkling that things have gone awry. Even a near miss should be a slap in the face. A few months back Tan scoffed at the idea there was no plan but no-one seemed to push him on what it actually was or whether some insurance against relegation was part of it. Seems like we're gonna have to ride it out while the club supposedly learns from each fresh set of mistakes but surely better to do that against Birmingham and Millwall again rather than in the LDV Vans trophy or whatever it is these days.
    We had a slap in the face last season. It's hardly served us well this season.

We had a slap in the face last season. It's hardly served us well this season.
    I'm trying to persuade myself that things are better than they appear, but let's say last season was seen by the club as the end of an era and a chance to start again. That they ballsed it up is a different kind of lesson and one that will hopefully be heeded. There seems to be something good going on with the club at youth level; perhaps Tan has left others to sort that out so that at least shows he can delegate (or maybe there's no publicity to be had there). He also doesn't seem to be instructing players any more (that we know of). I'm probably clutching at straws but perhaps the sen is dropping.

I went to an ex CCFC players fundraiser last night for Jason Bowen and two of the ex players who spoke were non other than Danny Gabbidon and Scott Young. If what they said was true Vincent Tan is very much involved in saying certain players had to play. at that time anyway.

They were also told to tell David Marshall to take. more shots.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I went to an ex CCFC players fundraiser last night for Jason Bowen and two of the ex players who spoke were non other than Danny Gabbidon and Scott Young. If what they said was true Vincent Tan is very much involved in saying certain players had to play. at that time anyway.

We know he's texted managers to tell them what to do during a game.

I seem to remember Marshall hardly ever taking any shots, so this was good advice surely

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I seem to remember Marshall hardly ever taking any shots, so this was good advice surely
    Bastard. He should have gone upfield with every attack.

So did Sam Hammam , he get involved with the picking of players , he also changed the badge , considered moving us to Dublin ,sold Wimbledon F.C ground , and tried to get his hands on the retail park leases next to the stadium. Oh and he had no idea who Langston was either

I’m assuming a dictator wouldn’t reverse his decision ,and judging by the attendances whilst in red, most fans weren’t that bothered with the fiasco.

If Tan applied the same standards to himself as he does to the men he picks to manage the club, he’d have left around 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If Tan applied the same standards to himself as he does to the men he picks to manage the club, he’d have left around 2015.
    Well said.

StT.
    <><

Nah I'm finally done with the Tan era. I actually enjoyed it for the most part. The ups and downs. Those two seasons in the Premier League felt very special. But now I'm ready to rip the whole thing up and see where it takes us.

It was a wild time to be a City fan. Now it's back to depressing. Please get TAN OUT.

I’m not willing to have the same conversation I’ve had since 2012, the evidence is there for all to see

Other than if the manager finds someone, have we got any contacts at board level to find some cheap talent? Swansea managed it pretty well as they had people who were very much in the know. None of our board has a clue.
    I’d be interested to know how the Kaba loan came about

I’d be more interested in actually signing him permanently ⚽️🤩👍

So did Sam Hammam , he get involved with the picking of players , he also changed the badge , considered moving us to Dublin ,sold Wimbledon F.C ground , and tried to get his hands on the retail park leases next to the stadium. Oh and he had no idea who Langston was either

I’m assuming a dictator wouldn’t reverse his decision ,and judging by the attendances whilst in red, most fans weren’t that bothered with the fiasco.
    Very sad indictment on our fan base. A few “fan leaders” see dollar signs and everyone folds.

Very sad indictment on our fan base. A few “fan leaders” see dollar signs and everyone folds.
    This is just your interpretation of what happened. The vast majority of fans probably didn't particularly want to change colours but accepted the situation pragmatically, for the reasons Tan stated relating to investment in the club and future success. It wasn't as if the colours were being changed to sky blue and pink either - red was the national team colours for a start. A vociferous few wouldn’t accept it and caused all sorts of problems amongst the fanbase, including turning fan on fan and creating a toxic atmosphere that lasted years (until Warnock came in and helped to sort it out). Instead of playing the blame game and continually harping on about what happened why don’t people like you just move on. Its like a bunch of stuck records and its boring and divisive.