+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Some Lamouchi stats

Some Lamouchi stats

Since Lamouchi arrived we've conceded 19 goals in 13 games at a rate of 1.46 a game. Our defence has largely covered for our total inability in front of goal this season. Our defensive record before Lamouchi took over was 31 goals in 28 games at a rate of 1.1 per game. Before Lamouchi took over we'd kept a clean sheet in 32% of our games. That's down to 23% for Lamouchi.

We've now lost 62% of our games under Lamouchi. That stood at 46% before he arrived.

We have upped our scoring rate from 0.75 a game to 1 a game under Lamouchi but seemingly at the cost of being worse at the back and it's meaning we're losing more games.

Re: Some Lamouchi stats

Not a surprise, it was obvious the only way we were going to stay up was by scoring more, Lamouchi had pretty much tried everything to get us scoring more, sadly at the fault of poor defending.

Shame he didn’t come in after Morison, I’ve no doubt we would have been safe long ago. We are a desperate team and Lamouchi is trying desperate measures to try and keep us up. Can’t imagine this is how he would want to set up a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Since Lamouchi arrived we've conceded 19 goals in 13 games at a rate of 1.46 a game. Our defence has largely covered for our total inability in front of goal this season. Our defensive record before Lamouchi took over was 31 goals in 28 games at a rate of 1.1 per game. Before Lamouchi took over we'd kept a clean sheet in 32% of our games. That's down to 23% for Lamouchi.

We've now lost 62% of our games under Lamouchi. That stood at 46% before he arrived.

We have upped our scoring rate from 0.75 a game to 1 a game under Lamouchi but seemingly at the cost of being worse at the back and it's meaning we're losing more games.
    so what exactly has he achieved of any use?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    so what exactly has he achieved of any use?
    I don't really know to be honest. We get the ball forward more quickly and Sory Kaba has scored some goals for us.

Here's a sobering thought. Assuming Lamouchi lasts the season, he'll have managed us for 18 games.

In 2013/14, Solskjaer managed us for 18 games in the Premier League. He got us scoring more goals but our defensive record got worse and his defeat percentage isn't that far from where Lamouchi's is at present. It might be a bit bizarre comparing Solskjaer and Lamouchi, but statistically, they're pretty close to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Not a surprise, it was obvious the only way we were going to stay up was by scoring more, Lamouchi had pretty much tried everything to get us scoring more, sadly at the fault of poor defending.

Shame he didn’t come in after Morison, I’ve no doubt we would have been safe long ago. We are a desperate team and Lamouchi is trying desperate measures to try and keep us up. Can’t imagine this is how he would want to set up a team.
    Pretty much tried everything? Colwill and Davies have barely kicked a ball for the first team since he’s been here. I think he has won us the odd point or three with good tactical decisions, but it’s been mixed up with the downright odd - eg the last two matches. Based on what I’ve seen so far, he’s one of four managers we’ve had this season who’ve had to do the job under trying circumstances, but I don’t see much which makes him an improvement on the other three.

Lamo has a marginally worse points won per game ratio than both Hudson and Morison this season, 13 points from 13 games.

It's difficult not to conclude the playing squad is where the real problem is and not who manages them.

It does appear Vinnie's prime objective is to survive in the Championship while constantly trimming the players' wage bill. That's a strategy, absent of a minor miracle, that spells an increasingly difficult annual struggle to avoid the drop.

Until he sells up or has a radical rethink then it'll be more of the same.

Some of the games under Lamouchi have been entertaining and a vast improvement on the dross served up under Morison and Hudson but then the bar was set so very low. He's also been able to affect games from the touchline with his subs although not always positively which I don't remember happening under the previous two.

Had he been appointed when Morison was sacked I think we'd be clear of relegation.

He needs to cut out the bizarre substitutions like the Simpson/O'Dowda one yesterday. Simpson had to come off but Romeo was a better alternative. If Romeo wasn't fit enough to come on he shouldn't have been on the bench.

He also made a complete cock up of preparing the side to face Sunderland evidenced by the numerous in game formation changes and the early double substitution.

The current manager doesn't seem to insist on his players having to tightly mark the opposition when we are defending.

We had no new manager bounce.

One thing he does do is try to change things during a match but in our current situation I'm really not convinced he will do much if anything more than Morisson or Hudson ultimately would have.

We have scored a few more but I think largely down to Sory Kaba having any sort of desire. Now if Kaba and Robinson had been here and fit all season I think under any of the 3 managers it's a boring finish but safe.

Hopefully he is able to get us enough results to stay up. His capitulation at Forest worries me a bit going into these final 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    We had no new manager bounce.

One thing he does do is try to change things during a match but in our current situation I'm really not convinced he will do much if anything more than Morisson or Hudson ultimately would have.
    There seemed a bit more spirit in the side under Lamouchi when the team won three out of four, but it didn’t last long.

In reality, City haven’t beaten anyone under Lamouchi that they wouldn’t have been capable of beating under Morison or Hudson.

When Lamouchi took over City were three points clear of the relegation zone. Now it’s goal difference, and we’re only out of the bottom three because of Reading’s points deduction. It’s safe to say he hasn’t improved the team’s situation.

The tactics and selections have been baffling the last 3 games.

I think we do like very slightly better than under Morison and Hudson but not much.

I think its just a case of picking our best 11 getting them on the pitch , work at set plays , close down opposing sides forcing them into mistakes and motivating the side to get the best out of them. Im 50-50 on whether Lamouchi gets us out of this.

If Nathan Jones would agree to a 2 or 3 year deal now id be happy for Lamouchi to move on. I dont think he will be here next season anyway.