+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal 0 Southampton 2

Arsenal 0 Southampton 2

The night Man City clinch the title?

Re: Arsenal 0 Southampton 2

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The night Man City clinch the title?
    well the Gooners don't look like champions right now.

2-1.

AM i glad we have stopped playing those suicidal balls from the keeper to defence.....

1-2 now....cracking game.

Martinelli doing a Harry Kane type foul on Bendarek there.
    Gonna cause a serious injury one day.

3-1. Partey having about as bad a game as you can possibly imagine, it's incredible Arteta hasn't taken him off before the latest mistake.

It’s a crazy time of season.

You could see the inevitable wobble and City winning the title from a mile away, but not sure anyone could have seen this result coming.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    You could see the inevitable wobble and City winning the title from a mile away, but not sure anyone could have seen this result coming.
    more like an earthquake than a wobble. don't look like scoring.

Big day for Leicester tomorrow. Wolves at home. You’d think they have to win that one if they’re to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    It’s a crazy time of season.
    I rest my case!

Still, if Arsenal do a Brentford and beat Man City away, they would be 8 points clear at the top.

FT: 3-3

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Closing in on the title is a new experience for most of the Arsenal players, so there is always the potential for a few wobbles. It took Sir Alex Ferguson a while before he got his teams to believe that they were invincible.

Slightly biased towards Arsenal I'm a bit gutted but having no real skin in the game, a great watch as a neutral. I still think Arsenal have the big performance in them and will get something at Man City.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Slightly biased towards Arsenal I'm a bit gutted but having no real skin in the game, a great watch as a neutral. I still think Arsenal have the big performance in them and will get something at Man City.
    However they do they have to stick with the manager, otherwise they will end up like Spurs, Chelsea & Man Utd. Liverpool are having a little wobble too, but that's due to the lifecycle of their team coming to an end, and they need a major overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    They need more than something out of the game at Man City. Anything less than an Arsenal win will probably hand the championship on a plate to Man City. On the plus side, if they had won tonight they may well have gone into that meeting fearful of defeat, knowing that in all likelihood they would be overtaken at the final hurdle. As it stands, they will have to approach that game with a different mindset, win at all costs, and that may suit them. Should be a great game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Closing in on the title is a new experience for most of the Arsenal players, so there is always the potential for a few wobbles. It took Sir Alex Ferguson a while before he got his teams to believe that they were invincible.
    I don't buy this argument. It's utter rubbish.

When Leicester City won the Premier League, with 12 games to go they were 2 points clear at the top. Leicester had never won the league before. Everybody predicted they would wobble, would somehow mess up. Even when it was almost mathematically impossible for them to lose it, people thought they would.

Leicester were unbeaten in their last 12 PL games that season, winning 8. For any team closing in on the title, that's phenomenal. For a side that had never won the league before, that's astounding. But it shows it can be done.

Was it to Leicester’s advantage that the team (Spurs) doing the main chasing hadn’t won the title since 1961 and the team, Arsenal, who overhauled them to get second place hadn’t won it in 12 years? As, traditionally, ‘bigger’ clubs than Leicester, albeit with long gone title success, it seemed as though the pressure got to them whereas Leicester carried on with a ‘f*ck it’ approach, let’s enjoy it.

It was to Leicester’s fortune that the usual suspects of the time, Man City, Man Utd & Chelsea just weren’t at the races that season for some reason and Leicester took full advantage, fair play to them, fantastic achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

When Leicester City won the Premier League, with 12 games to go they were 2 points clear at the top. Leicester had never won the league before. Everybody predicted they would wobble, would somehow mess up. Even when it was almost mathematically impossible for them to lose it, people thought they would.

Leicester were unbeaten in their last 12 PL games that season, winning 8. For any team closing in on the title, that's phenomenal. For a side that had never won the league before, that's astounding. But it shows it can be done.
    Would you say the Leicester title win was a lot to do with a very experienced manager at the helm? Interesting though that Ranieri had only won promotions and cup competitions previously though. Obviously Arteta has very little managerial experience, and this may be a factor. I think it would be good for Arsenal to win it this year just to mix things up a bit.

Man City have two huge games v Madrid coming up, they could well slip up a tad around these games, unlikely, but you never know……Fulham, Everton, Brentford away.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    However they do they have to stick with the manager, otherwise they will end up like Spurs, Chelsea & Man Utd. Liverpool are having a little wobble too, but that's due to the lifecycle of their team coming to an end, and they need a major overhaul.
    Is anyone really saying that Arteta should be sacked because they look like missing out on what would have been considered a very, very unlikely title win at the start of the season?

SuperBluebirds91

Arsenal have had a phenomenal season and I know that will probably mean very little to the fans if they come 2nd but they’ve been absolute class.

They still haven’t actually lost a game in ages despite the disappointment of the last couple of weeks for them.

I hope Arteta is saying - we do not give up - we keep going until the end of the road. Never give up. I don’t mind who wins the title but I do not want city or United to win a title. Just my own preferences on team.

They are all money rich clubs and I would like Brentford or the like to win the Premier league to piss them all off

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Why is it utter rubbish? They are two different teams with two different managers and also different skillsets and mentality. The facts show one team is having a wobble while the other one didn't, hence my statement that there is always the potential for a few wobbles.