+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock.

Warnock.

Re: Warnock.

Hopefully, Huddersfield will get out of the relegation 'fight' and when we play them he will nicely give us a 1-0 win :)

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If Warnock is to be believed there were Swansea players cheering in the changing room before their own game because we lost to Sheffield United, which was possibly the most predictable result of the season.

I get that they love winning the derby and the doube and all that, but isn’t that a bit odd?

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    If Warnock is to be believed there were Swansea players cheering in the changing room before their own game because we lost to Sheffield United, which was possibly the most predictable result of the season.

I get that they love winning the derby and the doube and all that, but isn’t that a bit odd?

What’s the saying “living in their heads rent free “ comes to mind ,must be draining for them

You been to swansea lately? It’s still 1986

He*s completely lost his marbles

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    He*s completely lost his marbles
    I think the marbles had enough and lost him this time round.

I haven’t read what he’s said this time, that dreadful website won’t load on my phone, but I’m guessing the old gargoyle is a bit embarrassed after his side’s performance yesterday. 23% possession and one effort on target against a side who are 13th in the table. That’s grim.

I don’t see what’s wrong with what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Neither do I.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    "Don't forget, in football what goes around comes around. It'll only be a matter of time before Cardiff get a good team together and batter them."

The last time City battered Swansea in any competition was the Welsh Cup tie in April 1994 when City won 4-1, and the last time City battered Swansea in a league game was April 1965 when the Bluebirds won 5-0.

I was born in 1967. City haven't beaten the Jacks by more than a single goal in any league game during my lifetime. Meanwhile, they have beaten us 2-0 (x 5), 3-1, 3-0 (x 2), 4-1 and 4-0.

For fans, not odd at all. For players, very.

Yes it is, our result shouldn't mean anything to them, it really shouldn't, its all a little sad

International

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Yes, it is odd, they have no other rivals, they only hate us, and we probably can't relate to their jealousy, being the capital, getting everything financially, and not being stuck out on a limb 80 miles from England with no other teams on the other side. Even their players become indoctrinated with the City's jealousy and hatred for Cardiff and Cardiff City.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    "Don't forget, in football what goes around comes around. It'll only be a matter of time before Cardiff get a good team together and batter them."

The last time City battered Swansea in any competition was the Welsh Cup tie in April 1994 when City won 4-1, and the last time City battered Swansea in a league game was April 1965 when the Bluebirds won 5-0.

I was born in 1967. City hasn't beaten the Jacks by more than a single goal in any league game during my lifetime. Meanwhile, they have beaten us 2-0 (x 5), 3-1, 3-0 (x 2), 4-1, and 4-0.
    A team can batter another team one nil, sometimes the scorelines don't reflect the match.

Warnock is right, things can change quickly, and every dog has its day, as proof even that scruffy little mongrel Swansea is getting its turn now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Would it be odd if the likes of Davies, Colwill and Harris enjoyed a Swansea defeat?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    A team can batter another team one nil, sometimes the scorelines don't reflect the match.
    As I recall, a few weeks ago you were boldly predicting City would finish above Swansea this season, so I'm sure you'll understand if I don't take your observations too seriously.

International

As I recall, a few weeks ago you were boldly predicting City would finish above Swansea this season, so I'm sure you'll understand if I don't take your observations too seriously.

Did I boldly predict they would or say that we could?

International

I recall you boldly predicting Warnock would make no difference and make no improvements on Huddersfield's results, so I don't take your observations too seriously

Did I boldly predict they would or say that we could?
    I don't know. Pretty sure you were predicting it, but either way it looks a laughable suggestion in retrospect. The gap is now 14 points. With 15 points to play for, I guess City could still finish above Swansea.

International

Good distraction, teams can batter another team and only produce a one-nil result, I think most people would agree, in fact i've heard it said on many occasions

International

I don't know. Pretty sure you were predicting it, but either way it looks a laughable suggestion in retrospect. The gap is now 14 points. With 15 points to play for, I guess City could still finish above Swansea.

You don't know because it wasn't boldly predicted and you were wrong

I don't remember you boldly stating at the time, no that will never happen, Cardiff will fade and Swansea will gain some form and pull away, it's easiy to be wise after the event with hindsight

I recall you boldly predicting Warnock would make no difference and make no improvements on Huddersfield's results, so I don't take your observations too seriously.
    Not sure that's exactly what I said, but fair enough. I didn't think he'd keep them up and I'm still not sure he will, although any comments I made about his appointment were made before Reading were docked six points. Warnock has got lucky in a few games recently according to the reports. Looks like his luck ran out on Saturday.

Good distraction, teams can batter another team and only produce a one-nil result, I think most people would agree, in fact i've heard it said on many occasions
    No doubt that's exactly what Warnock meant - City will batter Swansea 1-0 at some point in the future. It's only a matter of time.

You don't know because it wasn't boldly predicted and you were wrong

I don't remember you boldly stating at the time, no that will never happen, Cardiff will fade and Swansea will gain some form and pull away, it's easiy to be wise after the event with hindsight
    You're right, I didn't boldly predict anything. Which somehow makes you right I guess.