+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Rebrand Brecon Beacons No More

Another Rebrand Brecon Beacons No More

Re: Another Rebrand Brecon Beacons No More

Excellent news, the sandal and white sock wearing brigade of Watford, Dartford and Braintree will be tearing up their copies of the Daily Mail in faux outrage.

Most of the peaks in the Beacons already commonly use their Welsh names. Penyfan, Corn Du, Fan Y Big etc

At least they aren't being changed to red.

I quite like the new name, once I get used to the spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Excellent news, the sandal and white sock wearing brigade of Watford, Dartford and Braintree will be tearing up their copies of the Daily Mail in faux outrage.

Most of the peaks in the Beacons already commonly use their Welsh names. Penyfan, Corn Du, Fan Y Big etc
    I expect I will still call it the Brecon Beacons, but good point about the peaks already having Welsh names.

Fan Y Big etc
    Some of these names just roll off the tongue.

Think I’ll just call it the beacons as I always have, and I’ll go and watch Wales play football too…..

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    A bit like Gabalfa, Llandaff and Llanedeyrn do?

Fan Y Big, named after a Merthyr girl I think?

This will greatly annoy some people for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    This will greatly annoy some people for some reason
    The outrage itself has been worth the name change alone

International

I quite like the Welsh name rebrands, if it makes the Country sound more interesting maybe it will bring in a few extra tourists if they can make it through the Brynglas Tunnel.

I suppose when they pick up three speeding tickets per visit, they probably won't come back ever though?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    see what you did there

They can name it what they want but what has climate change got to do with it.

Apparently the earth’s atmosphere is 0.04% CO2 up from 0.03% 20 years ago.

https://twitter.com/kalselaine/statu...LhmySD2aRt-GNg

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    They can name it what they want but what has climate change got to do with it.

Apparently the earth’s atmosphere is 0.04% CO2 up from 0.03% 20 years ago.

https://twitter.com/kalselaine/statu...LhmySD2aRt-GNg
    “Tiny change in CO2”

You reckon a 33% increase in 20 years is a tiny change?

“Tiny change in CO2”

On those numbers yes , human activities are responsible for just 32 percent of that amount.

The far right English gammon are going mental on Twitter, Farage being one. Absolutely wonderful to see.

Another key area decision for gesture Welsh politics.

That should help the cost of living impact .

“Tiny change in CO2”

I was about to post the same, that's a massive amount

On those numbers yes , human activities are responsible for just 32 percent of that amount.
    Next time you’re cooking add a third more salt than you normally would and see how insignificant the difference is.

Next time you’re cooking add a third more salt than you normally would and see how insignificant the difference is.

Apparently an eruption from a single volcano emits more CO˛ into the atmosphere than mankind in a decade. CO˛ necessary for plant growth as well isn’t it ?

How many Uranium tipped missiles have been fired in the last twenty years. I may be wrong but I’m sure that’s going to impact the environment. I was wondering why Greta Thunberg hasn’t made an appearance in Ukraine yet.

the atmospheric co2 is currently about 420ppm, that's higher than at any time in the last 3 million years (since the Pliocene epoch), previously during an ice age it might go down to less than 200 and in an interglacial period it might increase to 250-300.
    man made emissions have had a massive impact on that in the last 200 years

Apparently an eruption from a single volcano emits more CO˛ into the atmosphere than mankind in a decade. CO˛ necessary for plant growth as well isn’t it ?

How many Uranium tipped missiles have been fired in the last twenty years. I may be wrong but I’m sure that’s going to impact the environment. I was wondering why Greta Thunberg hasn’t made an appearance in Ukraine yet.
    that is simply not true, the us geological survey estimate the totality of all land and submarine volcanoes emit between 0.13-0.44 gigatons of co2 annually, whereas heavy industry alone released 36.3 gigatons

Water is necessary for plant growth too. You can still kill plants with too much water.

Water is necessary for plant growth too. You can still kill plants with too much water.
    How much of that 0.04 % CO2 can be attributed to emissions from private aircraft used by Scientists, Politicians and Celebrities to attend meetings and events associated with Climate Change?

On another platform it was said that a small decrease could be just as catastrophic, that said nobody appears to know what the “critical “ number is.

How much of that 0.04 % CO2 can be attributed to emissions from private aircraft used by Scientists, Politicians and Celebrities to attend meetings and events associated with Climate Change?

On another platform it was said that a small decrease could be just as catastrophic, that said nobody appears to know what the “critical “ number is.
    Lol come on now. It will be a beyond negligible amount considering 75% of that CO2 existed 20 years ago. How many climate change events are there annually? How many private planes go to these events?

In 2021 Heathrow Airport had 195,000 planes arrive or depart. Over 500 flights a day. I'd wager there's more CO2 produced in one day at Heathrow than from a year's worth of private jets attending climate change events.

Heathrow isn't even close to being one of the busiest airports in the world. That award goes to Atlanta with, on average, 2,700 arrivals and departures daily.