+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another Rebrand Brecon Beacons No More

Re: Another Rebrand Brecon Beacons No More

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Yeah but would you support Cardiff formally being Caerdydd, as opposed to being used interchangably as Cardiff or Caerdydd?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yes
    Well fair enough! I certainly wouldn't 👍

Quote Originally Posted by nomad blue View Post
    Agreed, why isn't the Bannau Brycheiniog National Park Authority doing more about NHS and teacher strikes, or the cost of living crisis!!1!1!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    In the age of democracy and people's view where was the public consultation on the name change for the Brecon folk whose local community benefits from cross border visits and stays, they pay their local taxes , should they have a view about this matter ? apprantly not .

its political virtue signalling at its best ,waste of taxpayers money and the committee loop who suggested the word Beacon could promote more hill fires is bonkers .

More non purpose politics keeping them in the headlines whilst nothing of substance takes hold In health ,education and infrastructure.
    Hole in one. The only impact assessments WAG do now are those which mitigate any adverse effects on Welsh language. No understanding or empathy for business, but no surprise there as they’re all social workers, probation officers, failed councillors, FE lecturers… It actually gets worse. Rural Affairs Minister used to volunteer at hospital in Wrexham😁😁

I saw the daft bird justifying the symbolic reasons-log burning etc😁. She also alluded to the importance of the language in “part of the area”. How v disingenuous. Powys and Monmouthshire are probably the least Welsh interested/empathetic LAs in Wales.

Retired now, so er indoors and I often going across the Bridge to Cotswolds, South West for trips. Coming back lacrosse, it’s like returning to the Stone Age.

Quote Originally Posted by Incy Wincy Spider View Post
    Hole in one. The only impact assessments WAG do now are those which mitigate any adverse effects on Welsh language. No understanding or empathy for business, but no surprise there as they’re all social workers, probation officers, failed councillors, FE lecturers… It actually gets worse. Rural Affairs Minister used to volunteer at hospital in Wrexham😁😁

I saw the daft bird justifying the symbolic reasons-log burning etc😁. She also alluded to the importance of the language in “part of the area”. How v disingenuous. Powys and Monmouthshire are probably the least Welsh interested/empathetic LAs in Wales.

Retired now, so er indoors and I often going across the Bridge to Cotswolds, South West for trips. Coming back lacrosse, it’s like returning to the Stone Age.
    I actually agree with much of what you say, but the typo there for lacrosse is brilliant.

Well fair enough! I certainly wouldn't 👍
    Did you watch Cardiff/Caerdydd/City when they played in red?

Genuine question.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Did you watch Cardiff/Caerdydd/City when they played in red?

Genuine question.
    Went a few times on a free ticket. Didn't go after scarfgate and never gave Tan a penny until we were back in blue

Went a few times on a free ticket. Didn't go after scarfgate and never gave Tan a penny until we were back in blue
    Snap.

Interesting to see what individuals different boundaries and opinions are.

Snap.

Interesting to see what individuals different boundaries and opinions are.
    Yeah, without taking this off topic into an area that has been discussed ad nauseum before, I obviously thought the idea stupid but I was open minded to an extent - I gave it a go. It so happened I used my mates ST for a couple of early games but it instantly felt like it wasn't my club at all. It just felt wrong. I remember my opinion really changed when we played away (to Blackpool I think) and we wore black and red instead of blue and it struck me that he really wanted to eradicate the clubs history. Then scarf gate came and I was like, fk this. Was quite active with Bluebirds Unite then etc.

I think the thing that bugs me here is dropping the English wording. It's what it's known as and has been for a long time. History matters (I love history!!) But the present matters more.

Yeah, without taking this off topic into an area that has been discussed ad nauseum before, I obviously thought the idea stupid but I was open minded to an extent - I gave it a go. It so happened I used my mates ST for a couple of early games but it instantly felt like it wasn't my club at all. It just felt wrong. I remember my opinion really changed when we played away (to Blackpool I think) and we wore black and red instead of blue and it struck me that he really wanted to eradicate the clubs history. Then scarf gate came and I was like, fk this. Was quite active with Bluebirds Unite then etc.

I think the thing that bugs me here is dropping the English wording. It's what it's known as and has been for a long time. History matters (I love history!!) But the present matters more.
    Yet I don't care a jot that English wording has been dropped. We're in Wales. The majority of place names in this country are in Welsh and that causes no problems at all. Up near me is a place called Mountain Ash. For hundreds of years it was happily known as Aberpennar or Dyffryn, then a land owner suggested the name due to several Mountain Ash trees in the vicinity.

I know of older people who still use county names like Mid Glamorgan, even though they haven't existed for years now. In another generation they'll all be forgotten. Bit like the Beacons name. It'll be forgotten in 50 years.

I have no problems reclaiming Welsh names for things.

History does/did matter and I admire your stance. Since the rebrand I'm more than apathetic to any future changes as I see them as inevitably happening, whatever they might be.

Personally on this topic I'd have no issue with bilingualism being used but would question the validity if only Caerdydd was used by the club?

How about Caerdyf, older Welsh form for the place?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yet I don't care a jot that English wording has been dropped. We're in Wales. The majority of place names in this country are in Welsh and that causes no problems at all. Up near me is a place called Mountain Ash. For hundreds of years it was happily known as Aberpennar or Dyffryn, then a land owner suggested the name due to several Mountain Ash trees in the vicinity.

I know of older people who still use county names like Mid Glamorgan, even though they haven't existed for years now. In another generation they'll all be forgotten. Bit like the Beacons name. It'll be forgotten in 50 years.

I bet the locals in Cynon Valley are clamouring for it to go back to Welsh name. I know the coach of FC Cwmaaman in SWA Leage, and he said entire team still fuming about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Incy Wincy Spider View Post
    I bet the locals in Cynon Valley are clamouring for it to go back to Welsh name. I know the coach of FC Cwmaaman in SWA Leage, and he said entire team still fuming about it.
    Anyone know the Welsh for multi?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    aml-

or

mwlti-

if you prefer.

History does/did matter and I admire your stance. Since the rebrand I'm more than apathetic to any future changes as I see them as inevitably happening, whatever they might be.

Personally on this topic I'd have no issue with bilingualism being used but would question the validity if only Caerdydd was used by the club?

How about Caerdyf, older Welsh form for the place?

We could just have a classy retro style blue-out shirt with CPDC in that jazzy old 60s font going diagonalwards up the left tit on it. Break it in all ITK n shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    We could just have a classy retro style blue-out shirt with CPDC in that jazzy old 60s font going diagonalwards up the left tit on it. Break it in all ITK n shit.
    I can't quite picture this in my head but I'm interested.

Have you ever considered that the way in which you try to orchestrate pile ups on certain posters probably leads them to changing their user names in order to avoid posters like yourself?

Successful online platform like this thrive when service users take note of other posters contributions and opinions (however outlandish they may appear) and respond with respect and dignity. Sometimes it’s probably best not to respond at all if it’s something you really don’t like.

I actually think it’s hilarious how you are constantly looking for a reaction whilst hiding behind your anonymity and posters similar to you eventually get their privileges removed by the moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Have you ever considered that the way in which you try to orchestrate pile ups on certain posters probably leads them to changing their user names in order to avoid posters like yourself?

Successful online platform like this thrive when service users take note of other posters contributions and opinions (however outlandish they may appear) and respond with respect and dignity. Sometimes it’s probably best not to respond at all if it’s something you really don’t like.

I actually think it’s hilarious how you are constantly looking for a reaction whilst hiding behind your anonymity and posters similar to you eventually get their privileges removed by the moderators.
    The User Id started taunting Bob for his overuse of commas in its 5th post before giving stupid answers to Bob's quizzes. This is having previously slagged off surly scousers and somewhere called Knewport. If User Id's like that want respect and dignity then perhaps they should start by giving it.

The User Id started taunting Bob for his overuse of commas in its 5th post before giving stupid answers to Bob's quizzes. This is having previously slagged off surly scousers and somewhere called Knewport. If User Id's like that want respect and dignity then perhaps they should start by giving it.
    This is like the Israel v Palestine conflict. Except worse.

Perhaps you should earn it

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Perhaps you should earn it
    I thank you TWGL1.

Yep, the absolute nerve, nay audacity nay temerity to have a bit of fun. I’ll remember to show more reverence to our Bob in future. End of story. (Line from Fargo)