You lot up the valleys are odd

Re: Just chatting to a Huddersfield fan

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I phone up mumsnet and talk to your wife
    I'm not married John.

You lot up the valleys are odd
    How many chickens have you got in leafy Cowbridge?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Sludge, why don't you just ****off repeating yourself in your quest to be right all of the time. Get a gym membership or something.
    Don’t wish that on the poor gym members ffs

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Lamouchi win percentage at Cardiff - 36%
    Warnock win percentage at Hudd - 33%
    With a worse team who were in a worse position, with much harder fixtures left.

I always said we had a decent run of fixtures to finish the season on and pull away from Danger.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post

I always said we had a decent run of fixtures to finish the season on and pull away from Danger.
    They've won at Watford, like us. They've beaten Birmingham at home, like we did. They won at Millwall who have been floundering a bit. They had an excellent result against Middlesbrough.

We've won at Birmingham. Won a must-win at Blackpool. Beaten an in-form Bristol City when they couldn't.

Fabulous

Don't count your chickens
    What? Like your Huddersfield mate in Leeds?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What? Like your Huddersfield mate in Leeds?
    Well I think he's going to be proved right if you are saying they are going down ?

They've won at Watford, like us. They've beaten Birmingham at home, like we did. They won at Millwall who have been floundering a bit. They had an excellent result against Middlesbrough.

We've won at Birmingham. Won a must-win at Blackpool. Beaten an in-form Bristol City when they couldn't.
    This is all very romantic

But we are still going to escape , if we do , relegation ....by the skin of our teeth and you are allowing your football snobbery to cloud your judgement

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Don’t wish that on the poor gym members ffs
    I have you down as a member

This is all very romantic

But we are still going to escape , if we do , relegation ....by the skin of our teeth and you are allowing your football snobbery to cloud your judgement
    Quick one, would you rather be in our position or Huddersfield's?

Well I think he's going to be proved right if you are saying they are going down ?
    I'm saying he's counting his chickens. They are one place and one point behind us having played one more game. If they're not going down, why are we?

Ask me after 46 games

I'm saying he's counting his chickens. They are one place and one point behind us having played one more game. If they're not going down, why are we?
    4 games left

This is Cardiff City

Because Warnock is God, basically.

Because Warnock is God, basically.
    Well his record is not in question is it ?

Well his record is not in question is it ?
    Of course it is. One great promotion season, missed opportunities in the CHampionship afterwards and his poor signings have hamstrung us ever since. Plus the dire football.

4 games left

This is Cardiff City
    Profound.

Of course it is. One great promotion season, missed opportunities in the CHampionship afterwards and his poor signings have hamstrung us ever since. Plus the dire football.
    I think that the poster is referring to the record number of promotions that he has achieved. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I think that the poster is referring to the record number of promotions that he has achieved. Maybe.
    I am indeed

Profound.
    Another one

It's about time

It's been a shocking season and if it wasn't for points deductions and the next 3 points we hope for we would be down

Thank freck for tonight some breathing space now
    Your pre game comments look particularly silly now but you still cant bring yourself to give the team or manager some praise.

What about all the other teams he has taken up or saved from relegation. They don't count I suppose ?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post

Warnock was appointed as Huddersfield manager on 13/02/2023. The two teams' records since then are as follows:

Huddersfield

P 12, W 4, D 4, L 4, GF 14, GA 19, Pts 16

Cardiff City

P 11, W 5, D 1, L 5, GF 15, GA 15, Pts 16

Very similar records in terms of points, but City have played less games, won one more, scored more goals and conceded fewer.

The perception that Huddersfield had much harder fixtures left is interesting considering how poor the quality of the Championship is this season. The top two are a distance clear and both sides' results against those teams are telling - Huddersfield were smashed 4-0 at Burnley, City were thumped 4-1 at Sheffield United.

There is no doubt that Huddersfield's 4-2 victory over Middlesbrough was a very creditable result as Boro were flying at the time. But, apart from that, their results have been standard Championship fare against a bunch of sides who are obviously far from great.

They were battered 4-0 at home by Coventry - a side City drew 0-0 with in December. They drew 0-0 with Bristol City - a side City had beaten 2-0 a few days earlier. They lost 1-0 at West Brom - a side City drew 1-1 with in March. They drew 1-1 with Blackburn - a side that has lost the same number of games as Rotherham this season. They won 3-2 at Watford - City won 3-1 at Watford last night. Etc, etc.

If you remove the top four, who are clearly a good bit better than the rest, there is just six points between Millwall in 5th and Swansea in 13th. I don't believe a decent result against any one of those sides is any more creditable than a result against any of the others. They are all much of a muchness.

After 46 games last season, the most any of the top six had lost was 13. Millwall and Watford have already lost 14, Norwich and Preston have lost 15, and Blackburn and Swansea have lost 16. These are not great sides in a poor division. Beating any of them is no big deal.