+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joe Ralls

Joe Ralls

First of all let me say I haven't done as many aways as I'd like this year but thank god I chose today to go! Brilliant combative performance.

Wanted to to go out of my way though to mention how much of a mammoth performance that was by our club captain today. He's had a pretty poor season but the last few weeks he's really led from the front. Both in the middle of the park and when he's been called upon at left back.

Makes the journey home all the more enjoyable

Re: Joe Ralls

Yes he had a great game tonight and ran himself into the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Yes he had a great game tonight and ran himself into the ground
    I’ve been critical of him this season but he was excellent today 👍

Since the international break, Ralls has played the full ninety minutes in four of the five matches (the exception being the awful Sunderland performance where he came on for the last half an hour). Before this month, Ralls was never, or hardly ever, staying on the pitch for the whole game - this must have gone on for a couple of years or so during which Ralls’ form was some way short of what we’d become used to throughout his time with us.

Recently, however, not only has he been.completing games, but he’s been looking like his old self - I can only think that he is either over whatever it was that was making him have to come off so often, or he’s decided to go the extra mile for the club in their hour of need. Either way, it’s great to see the old Joe Ralls playing for us lately - we’re a better team with him p laying like this.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Since the international break, Ralls has played the full ninety minutes in four of the five matches (the exception being the awful Sunderland performance where he came on for the last half an hour). Before this month, Ralls was never, or hardly ever, staying on the pitch for the whole game - this must have gone on for a couple of years or so during which Ralls’ form was some way short of what we’d become used to throughout his time with us.

Recently, however, not only has he been.completing games, but he’s been looking like his old self - I can only think that he is either over whatever it was that was making him have to come off so often, or he’s decided to go the extra mile for the club in their hour of need. Either way, it’s great to see the old Joe Ralls playing for us lately - we’re a better team with him p laying like this.
    Completely agree. His performances of late typify why it was important for Cardiff to renew his contract last season. Ralls has captain quality about him and when he's switched on it typically raises the game of those around him.

Terrific performance last night by Joe. He's a key player for us these days.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    ecently, however, not only has he been.completing games, but he’s been looking like his old self - I can only think that he is either over whatever it was that was making him have to come off so often, or he’s decided to go the extra mile for the club in their hour of need. Either way, it’s great to see the old Joe Ralls playing for us lately - we’re a better team with him playing like this.
    Must be the former. He's been terrific in his games at left wing back and he was outstanding last night. He intercepted and broke up so much, and he was getting up and down. Was great to see, long may it continue. He's been a terrific servant to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bothroyd's Diving Coach View Post
    First of all let me say I haven't done as many aways as I'd like this year but thank god I chose today to go! Brilliant combative performance.

Wanted to to go out of my way though to mention how much of a mammoth performance that was by our club captain today. He's had a pretty poor season but the last few weeks he's really led from the front. Both in the middle of the park and when he's been called upon at left back.

Makes the journey home all the more enjoyable
    Ralls doesn’t get the praise he deserves. Always gives everything and still the best we’ve got in midfield.

Well on his way to being a one club man

Nice to see him getting some praise

I've been very critical of him in the past but if you're willing to call out poor performances you've also got to celebrate the good ones.

Also, I thought his legs went years ago. Proved me wrong

He's one of us and you can just see how badly he wants it right now.

He was excellent last night, a proper captains performance. He has been very good lately, he filled in very well at wingback as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Nice to see him getting some praise

I've been very critical of him in the past but if you're willing to call out poor performances you've also got to celebrate the good ones.

Also, I thought his legs went years ago. Proved me wrong
    Same here. I've been critical of him the past couple of seasons. I still believe that criticism was warranted at the time.
    However, when he starts performing like he has recently, you have to give him the plaudits too.

I was there last night and can echo the sentiments as he was the stand out in the midfield three. In honesty I haven't seen him give a "Captain's performance" that often but last night he seemed to be everywhere, especially in the second half when we were holding a lead.

Praise too to the "wing backs" of O'Dowda and Romeo. The fact that Watford were squeezed in the middle meant that they tried to set up one on ones for Sarr and Joao Pedro but some great sheperding and blocks from both nullified the threat.

We were initially non-plussed by the mid half break when we had hardly touched the ball. The Ramadan break was explained over the tannoy. I am not sure how many of the team have the Islamic faith but the second bit of the half was a different game after we regrouped on the touchline.

Good coaching, fluids to players in need of them or a bit of faith. Whatever, the rest was history!

We are definitely playing at a higher tempo than pre Sabri.

I don't think any of our players are technically good enough to play accurate defense-splitting passes you find with "footballing" teams, increasing the tempo dulls the need of that technical ability as we then need better athletes with controlled aggression.

Joe is a product of the last 10 years, no surprise his best season was the promotion season. He is made for this style and looks fit enough to be the first name in this midfeild.

I really liked his interview after blackpool game saying how it was like made at Treforest at the end with him Harris colwill and Davies all on the pitch to close the game out. He's been with us so long I think we all forget he's been with us since about 15! He certainly seems to identify as being one of our own.

With so much movement in the Club and so many issues to do with lack of identity on and off the pitch having him here right now has been really useful.

Sabri also seems to really value him as refers to him as being his captain constantly.