+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How can we find our away form at home?

How can we find our away form at home?

At Blackpool and Watford we've had spells where we've been pretty devastating in attack and put both sides to the sword. We were more than ok at Sheffield Utd and, apart from the defensive errors, gave a performance most thought was good until it went 3-1.

Yet at home things have nosedived. Since those back to back wins against Reading and Bristol City we were second best against West Brom, crap against the Jacks and really dismal against Sunderland.

Re: How can we find our away form at home?

What seems to happen home or away lately is that we start games slowly. We've been awful early on in our last three home matches as we sit back and let the opposition dictate, but it was much the same at Blackpool for a while and last night's opening fifteen minutes was a disgrace as it looked like a training exercise for the benefit of Watford - I think our subsequent revival and complete domination of the latter stages of the first half might have been down to Watford complacency to some extent.

The only one of our last six matches where we started okay was at Sheffield, for all of the good it did us,and I wonder if there may have been a feeling that there was less pressure on us there?

It seems very odd though that, whereas we've been able to recover from poor starts at Blackpool and Watford to look as potent in front of goal as we've done all season, we are like rabbits caught in headlights when we play at home. It's hardly as if the team have had the crowd on their back from minute one at Cardiff City Stadium after all. Our remaining two home matches are against a team who lost at home to the side who are bottom of the league on Tuesday and a side we're currently above in the table - they should be games that we were confident of winning, but I have far less faith in this squad when they play at home than I do when they play away.

We need to be in Stoke faces from the start. Dont let them play and build confidence but force them into errors.

Get on the front foot and get the crowd behind you. Even the Canton was quiet v Sunderland. (The Ninian is like a library I presume everyone who wants to sing has moved) The crowd behind the side making a noise will be a big help. But FFS no more passive displays. Stoke are safe now. Nothing to play for. We really need to be at them from the start.

We really should get the 3 points Saturday.

Whatever happened to Fortress Ninian? More like Help yourself to 3 points stadium now.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Whatever happened to Fortress Ninian? More like Help yourself to 3 points stadium now.
    Weve had some great atmospheres at the CCS. Apart from mainly the younsters in the Canton the rest of the ground is so quiet. The dreadful football weve served up doesn't help of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    It never existed Des. You might get the odd season when w3 were formidable at home (think we may have been unbeaten at home in aAlan Cork’s promotion season?),but we’ve always had pretty average home records really, the last three seasons have been shocking though.