+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wrexham touring United States in July

Re: Wrexham touring United States in July

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Most of your comments fall into the ‘what if?’ or speculative ‘might’ categories, but a couple of comments.

If they sell out pre-season in the US then why not repeat and repeat? Feels like a no brainer

Shirts - It’s OK to have different price structures in different markets. Happens all the time

Ticket Pricing & Season tickets.. isn’t that just pragmatic economics which they can adjust as necessary
    Agree at the end of the day they have to make as much income as possible to meet financial fair play.

Re: Wrexham touring United States in July

[QUOTE=StraightOuttaCanton;5413907]Most of your comments fall into the ‘what if?’ or speculative ‘might’ categories, but a couple of comments.

If they sell out pre-season in the US then why not repeat and repeat? Feels like a no brainer
    From a business perspective it's a no brainer. Some people, including me, like pre season fixtures. They usually attract a decent away following.
    I've done day trips to Bath and Shrewsbury when I wouldn't normally have a reason to go. I did a long weekend on the South Coast when we played I think Plymouth a few years back. After a few months without football it's nice to have it back and get a day out in the sun.

Shirts - It’s OK to have different price structures in different markets. Happens all the time
    From what I understand it's a pretty low tech operation. The stadium shop is the only place that sells the merch and it's run by a handful of people. a lot of the Americans got their stuff from a bloke on Reddit who would go into the shop with a list of items and send them across to the states.

Ticket Pricing & Season tickets.. isn’t that just pragmatic economics which they can adjust as necessary
    Spurs' cheapest adult season ticket is around 800 quid. Just because they can charge that amount and know it'll sell doesn't mean they should. Leicester on the other hand sell adult season tickets for under £400. Considering they're planning on adding 8000 more seats to the King Power they could probably charge £500 and still sell out.

As I said, I think they've been excellent owners at the club and done things very well. But in the future, good footballing decisions and good business decisions might mean different things.

Take the Champions League for example. The Millennium Stadium was sold out but only had 65k in attendance. UEFA make more money from having larger advertising hoardings than from selling the extra few thousand seats.