+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Seville v Man Utd

Seville v Man Utd

Great atmosphere in Seville.
    Meanwhile, Robbie Savage is tying himself up in knots trying to defend Harry Maguire
    Last edited by Joe Gillis; 20-04-23 at 19:35. Reason: Spelling

Re: Seville v Man Utd

Seville are very impressive..Battering Man Utd who are all over the place. Shame about the disallowed goal - I know offside is offside even if 1cm...but really margins should not be THAT fine. The ground and supporters are very impressive.......especially nearly all of them in white.

Ridiculous decision, level used to mean onside for the attacking team, that was level, so much for rewarding attacking play!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Meanwhile, Robbie Savage is tying himself up in knots trying to defend Harry Maguire
    I'd take Flint over Maguire

3 nil now and it hasn't flattered Seville.

De Gea nightmare for the third and making Alsop look like Sepp Maier.

Lindelof and Maguire look like the ideal Mad Mick pairing.

They've had too many different managers since Ferguson left and their squad lacks cohesion as a result. If they keep the current manager he still needs a few more transfer windows to put his mark on the team.

Ridiculous decision, level used to mean onside for the attacking team, that was level, so much for rewarding attacking play!
    What happened to giving the attacking team the benefit of the doubt? I have no problem with VAR per see, but the rules need to be changed. Especially regarding offside.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What happened to giving the attacking team the benefit of the doubt? I have no problem with VAR per see, but the rules need to be changed. Especially regarding offside.
    VAR isn’t the problem, the way humans interpret its results are - I’d saying the interpretation of the handball law is as much of a problem as the offside one.

Harry Maguire is shit. I can’t think of any redeeming features.

I hope Brighton beat them in the semi finals.

On another note 5 Italian teams have made the semi finals, a bit of a revival going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Harry Maguire is shit. I can’t think of any redeeming features.

I hope Brighton beat them in the semi finals.

On another note 5 Italian teams have made the semi finals, a bit of a revival going on?
    Seems to be a bit of a revival yes, but, correct me if I'm wrong though, there's not as many Italian players in the squads these days as there used to be.

International

Didn't watch it but did they rest players for the cup?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    They've so many injuries that resting players isn't really an option.
    Rashford came on as a sub, even though he's not fully fit himself.

Injuries and Fernandez suspended.

The pundits commented that Fernandez was a big loss (understandably as he is an excellent player) but made no reference to him changing his on field behaviour to potentially avoid such suspensions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    They've so many injuries that resting players isn't really an option.
    Rashford came on as a sub, even though he's not fully fit himself.
    And yet with the resources that they have, being unable to build a squad capable of handling these sorts of injuries warrants little sympathy.

Meanwhile Southgate watched that performance and pencilled Maguire in for his squad for Euro 24

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Meanwhile Southgate watched that performance and pencilled Maguire in for his squad for Euro 24
    lol

Surely the UEFA Cup is more important than the FA Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Seems to be a bit of a revival yes, but, correct me if I'm wrong though, there's not as many Italian players in the squads these days as there used to be.
    Most larger European leagues don't have as many natural born players as they used to. What sets Italy apart is they know they can't compete with the the top leagues for the very best talent, so they are prepared to give young players from around the world a chance and let them develop in the first team. The coaching and tactics in Italy have always been among the best, so it's a win-win for both player and club. Leao (23, Portugal), Osimhen (24, Nigeria), and Kvaratskhelia (22, Georgia) are all coveted by some of the biggest clubs in Europe.