+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raab resigns.

Re: Raab resigns.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    An interesting take in a discussion on bullying to pull up some totally unrelated issues from the distant past and accuse me of stuff! The reality is I simply disagree with you on many things. There's nothing wrong with that!

The report (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65339102) says this:

"The report concluded that his conduct was "abrasive" on some occasions which "feels intimidating or insulting to the individual but is not intended to be so".

His conduct was not "abusive" and behaviour was not "intended and specifically targeted", it added."

It does seem a rather low bar to me. Perhaps he is intimidating and sometimes unpleasant. But he did quite literally have one of the most important jobs in the UK at the time.

It does seem a fairly low bar to me and based on what I've read I most definitely have therefore been a victim of workplace bullying on several occasions.
    Funny how you failed to mention this bit of the report.

“Intimidating…unreasonably and persistently aggressive…an abuse or misuse of power in a way that undermines or humiliates…punitive…conduct bound to be experienced as humiliating…he must have been aware of this”

Sounds like bullying to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Did you mean “Chemical Ali” Hilts?
    I remember the rants on air
    Tanks he said- there are no enemy tanks in Baghdad whilst the live backdrop showed dozens of tanks rolling past
    Classic
    He was as mad as a box of frogs that fella lol 😂
    Thats him.🤣

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Funny how you failed to mention this bit of the report.

“Intimidating…unreasonably and persistently aggressive…an abuse or misuse of power in a way that undermines or humiliates…punitive…conduct bound to be experienced as humiliating…he must have been aware of this”

Sounds like bullying to me.
    Because it is all rather contextualized by the following:

"His conduct was not "abusive" and behaviour was not "intended and specifically targeted",

Usual insults from people on here (ironically in this case, given the topic) but fundementally I think it is the case here that the bar for bullying is set very low here.

Christ..people working in his dept are dealing with trying to help people being shot in the head by the Taliban or having their wife raped before their eyes by Russian soldiers in eastern Ukraine. And they can't handle being crititicised?

I dunno..sets a bit of a precedent this does, and I think a lot of you know that deep down many of us have been bullied and many of us are bullies based on this criteria. I could certainly name a couple of bullies on here based on it and I most definitely could highlight a couple of bosses that have bullied me based on this. 100%

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Because it is all rather contextualized by the following:

"His conduct was not "abusive" and behaviour was not "intended and specifically targeted",

Usual insults from people on here (ironically in this case, given the topic) but fundementally I think it is the case here that the bar for bullying is set very low here.

Christ..people working in his dept are dealing with trying to help people being shot in the head by the Taliban or having their wife raped before their eyes by Russian soldiers in eastern Ukraine. And they can't handle being crititicised?

I dunno..sets a bit of a precedent this does, and I think a lot of you know that deep down many of us have been bullied and many of us are bullies based on this criteria. I could certainly name a couple of bullies on here based on it and I most definitely could highlight a couple of bosses that have bullied me based on this. 100%
    Is there no Tory knobhead you won't defend regardless of what they do? As they say of Trump fans - face it you're in a cult, Jimbo.

So, "activist civil servants" can now be added to the anti growth coalition . I'll tell you one thing this Government is brilliant at, blaming someone else. They've had a majority of around eighty for four years, had an overall majority between 2015 and 2017 and yet are being foiled at every turn by an alliance of lefty lawyers, lefty civil servants, lefty judges, the BBC, union "barons", NHS staff, marxists, trotskyites, transgender people, gays, black lives matter, migrants, people who believe in global warming and Gary Lineker.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Is there no Tory knobhead you won't defend regardless of what they do? As they say of Trump fans - face it you're in a cult, Jimbo.
    You've basically ignored everything I've said and every point made and accused me of being in a cult.

In a thread on bullying! 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, "activist civil servants" can now be added to the anti growth coalition . I'll tell you one thing this Government is brilliant at, blaming someone else. They've had a majority of around eighty for four years, had an overall majority between 2015 and 2017 and yet are being foiled at every turn by an alliance of lefty lawyers, lefty civil servants, lefty judges, the BBC, union "barons", NHS staff, marxists, trotskyites, transgender people, gays, black lives matter, migrants, people who believe in global warming and Gary Lineker.
    If you scroll down to the Telegraph here (the front pages summary is often useful btw, you can usually read the entire story for free) it talks about one of the two complaints upheld (the rest were dismissed, including all against junior staff) that there was a falling out with the Spanish Ambassador (Hugh Elliot) about Spanish officials in Gibraltar, and he was apparently going against UK positions on it.

How you speak to people does matter, and clearly it wasn't handled right, but I can see why someone would be pretty pissed off in this case.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-65355912

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Same with Brexit being a disaster. Plenty brexit loons saying its the remainers fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Same with Brexit being a disaster. Plenty brexit loons saying its the remainers fault.
    You’ve forgotten the tofu eating wokerati and the lazy bastard who work from home.

Their culture wars are all they have left.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    You’ve forgotten the tofu eating wokerati and the lazy bastard who work from home.

Their culture wars are all they have left.
    "Their". Them. Us. That definitely isn't adding to the culture war is it?!