+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swansea well placed for play off place now

Swansea well placed for play off place now

Won 6 drawn 1 lost 0 in last 7 games. Only 3 points off play offs so would fancy them to sneak in again as they seem to have a habit of doing that. I remember only a month or go there was some talk of swansea having a new manager by the time they played us as Martin was under pressure from their fans. Yet a month or so later they could be in the Premier league. Wonder if they like him now?

Ps all that talk of cardiff not "getting" the Derby etc......maybe just maybe swanseas recent run and our home performances v Stoke and Sunderland indicate they are actually just much better than us and actually our performance v them (first 25 mins apart) was superior to its normal level at our home games and maybe the players did raise their game after all?!

Re: Swansea well placed for play off place now

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Won 6 drawn 1 lost 0 in last 7 games. Only 3 points off play offs so would fancy them to sneak in again as they seem to have a habit of doing that. I remember only a month or go there was some talk of swansea having a new manager by the time they played us as Martin was under pressure from their fans. Yet a month or so later they could be in the Premier league. Wonder if they like him now?

Ps all that talk of cardiff not "getting" the Derby etc......maybe just maybe swanseas recent run and our home performances v Stoke and Sunderland indicate they are actually just much better than us and actually our performance v them (first 25 mins apart) was superior to its normal level at our home games and maybe the players did raise their game after all?!
    They'd still have to keep up that run. Fair enough if they do, but it'll more likely end.

Teams on winning runs have to end somewhere. Similarly, teams on horrific losing runs have to end somewhere as well.

no

If there was still six games left, yes they might well still do it, but I reckon there’s too many in contention for them to do it even if they win their last two matches and if what we produced against them was us rising to the occasion then were even worse than I thought we were.

Some were commenting how poor Swansea were. I thought they were the second best team to come here this season.

Mad to think that had we beaten them in the derby we would have gone above them

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Mad to think that had we beaten them in the derby we would have gone above them
    That is mad to think because it's not true.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That is mad to think because it's not true.
    It's not true however I do remember when we were 1 up at Rotherham I had worked out some way we could potentially be above them if we beat them. Probably involved quite a few results though!

Swansea started the season well, then totally collapsed and now having a storming end. Cardiff for our part are probably one of the most consistent teams in the league. We haven't had a good spell at all and never dropped much less than a point a game. We've just been a point a game ish all season from August really and none of the managerial changes have really changed it either way.

It's not true however I do remember when we were 1 up at Rotherham I had worked out some way we could potentially be above them if we beat them. Probably involved quite a few results though!
    Probably did. City went into the derby seven points behind the Jacks.

Cardiff for our part are probably one of the most consistent teams in the league.
    That's not really true. Let's not forget that City went on a dreadful run of 12 league games without a win between November and February.

That's it. We were 4 points behind them before Rotherham game. Had we held on there Wed have been 1 point behind them. If they failed to beat Bristol next day (and Swansea were in terrible form) we could have been 1 point behind them going into the Derby.

However we obviously got 0 points from Rotherham and they then beat Bristol to go 7 clear of us.

Close enough, memory isn’t what it used to be

I think every team around above them lost yesterday, millwall seem to have fallen off the cliff along with Watford and Norwich. If they sneak in, they will win it no question…..they were lucky Blackburn conceded a 94th minute goal too else they’d have two more points.
    They must be the most fortunate club in the world yet they wanted their manager gone just before we gave them their annual 3 points here…..

12th with two games left is anything but well placed for a top 6 finish 🙈

They are a club who always hire progressive managers and normally reap the rewards.

When they were complaining about tippy tappy boring 0-0 football, I was wishing it was us!

I hate the Jack's and want them to be in eternal misery

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I feel the love

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    I feel the love

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    I feel the love
    My old man got food poisoning from bloody jack cockles on a family caravan holiday to knab rock in 1977

I won't forget

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Get a life!!

Not really. They're in 12th place. They have to win their last two and rely on half a dozen teams to get nothing from their remaining games. It's not going to happen.

Just reading an article on Swansea’s passing.

888 – Swansea City completed 888 passes during Saturday’s victory, the most in any game under Russell Martin and the most in the Championship over the last two seasons. Swansea completed 603 passes in the second half alone.

888 - That tally is the second-highest number of passes completed in a league fixture in any of Europe's top-five divisions or the Championship since the start of the 2021-22 season. Only Napoli have managed more (895), in a Serie A game against Salernitana in January 2022.

942 - Swansea City attempted 942 passes, the highest total by any team in a single match in the Championship this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Just reading an article on Swansea’s passing.

888 – Swansea City completed 888 passes during Saturday’s victory, the most in any game under Russell Martin and the most in the Championship over the last two seasons. Swansea completed 603 passes in the second half alone.

888 - That tally is the second-highest number of passes completed in a league fixture in any of Europe's top-five divisions or the Championship since the start of the 2021-22 season. Only Napoli have managed more (895), in a Serie A game against Salernitana in January 2022.

942 - Swansea City attempted 942 passes, the highest total by any team in a single match in the Championship this season.
    That impressive and they actually seem to have worked out how to turn that possession into goals.

Won 6 drawn 1 lost 0 in last 7 games. Only 3 points off play offs so would fancy them to sneak in again as they seem to have a habit of doing that. I remember only a month or go there was some talk of swansea having a new manager by the time they played us as Martin was under pressure from their fans. Yet a month or so later they could be in the Premier league

Naff Off Vermin