+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City making survival harder for themselves with all of their spot kick failures.

Cardiff City making survival harder for themselves with all of their spot kick failures.

Re: Cardiff City making survival harder for themselves with all of their spot kick failures.

If we do go down this year, you'd have to say it would be an absolute sickener given the late goals and the missed penalties that have cost us points across the whole season. 1 in 6 is a historically poor conversation rate. I guess to a point you could say that any year for any team in a relegation struggle, but this season feels exceptionally poor/unlucky depending on your perspective.

Re: Cardiff City making survival harder for themselves with all of their spot kick failures.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Good write-up, it was a frustrating watch yesterday. I get your point about the subbing but after the problems Lamouchi had against Reading (Robinson) and Bristol City (Allsop, having made two changes in the 87th minute) he's been wary of using his final window too soon, or at all. He was unlucky that he had to use one to get Alnwick on yesterday and that he didn't have Wickham to come on for Kaba (who was a passenger for the last 20 minutes or so) at the same time.

Philogene may have seen more of the ball at wing back so Davies for Romeo would've been a possible swap late on (Davies for Harris would've been another, the latter was ineffective even by his standards). Sawyers was lucky to get the full 90 minutes too but maybe Lamouchi was concerned a couple of players may not have made it to the final whistle and didn't want to risk going down to 10 men again.

I doubt there's a single team in the football league that has a worse record on penalties than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    I doubt there's a single team in the football league that has a worse record on penalties than us.
    According to Wales Online, there are two Championship sides with a worse record from the penalty spot than us this season. I find that very hard to believe and can only assume that they mean there are two teams who haven’t scored one yet, almost certainly because they’ve not been awarded any or have, maybe, missed the only one they’ve been given.

Commas again. Grrrrr. There’s one obvious run on sentence in the opening para and quite a few sentence fragments throughout the piece. Give me a bell and I’ll give you a free master class.

Quote Originally Posted by Incy Wincy Spider View Post
    Commas again. Grrrrr. There’s one obvious run on sentence in the opening para and quite a few sentence fragments throughout the piece. Give me a bell and I’ll give you a free master class.
    Does anyone, really give, a shit, about such a trivial, petty, minor, insignificant,, , miniscule, paltry, trifling, meagre, nay even bordering on flimsy load of, rubbish about com,mas?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Does anyone, really give, a shit, about such a trivial, petty, minor, insignificant,, , miniscule, paltry, trifling, meagre, nay even bordering on flimsy load of, rubbish about com,mas?
    I think I know the answer to this one 👌

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    According to Wales Online, there are two Championship sides with a worse record from the penalty spot than us this season. I find that very hard to believe and can only assume that they mean there are two teams who haven’t scored one yet, almost certainly because they’ve not been awarded any or have, maybe, missed the only one they’ve been given.
    yeah I wouldn't class either of those scenarios as worse performance from the penalty spot than our record

Apart from Kaaba, stepping forward to take the penalty on Saturday, I was trying to work out,who else will step forward to take a penalty? My view is perhaps NG maybe up for taking one, as he seems quite confident with dead ball opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    Apart from Kaaba, stepping forward to take the penalty on Saturday, I was trying to work out,who else will step forward to take a penalty? My view is perhaps NG maybe up for taking one, as he seems quite confident with dead ball opportunities.
    yeah I'd fancy Ng to take one