Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: FT: ROTHERHAM 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

Re: ROTHERHAM v CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Is it the same ref as before ?
    Duncan Goodhew

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Mainly filling the pitch if it rains again.
    nice

According to Met Office, rain in Rotherham is now due to start about 4.00pm and go on until the early hours of Friday. Heavy rain during the match. Plus their sprinklers. This is going to be interesting.

According to Met Office, rain in Rotherham is now due to start about 4.00pm and go on until the early hours of Friday. Heavy rain during the match. Plus their sprinklers. This is going to be interesting.
    5861316B-B4EA-4BCA-9B6B-558C560B2DCD.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Reading are getting 1 point from their last 2, so fear not we won't be needing any points.
    Agree, still think 46 is the magic number

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I did wonder what might happen if it poured down again what the EFL would have in place as a contingency.

They should have played the game at our place after that shambolic affair.

How is it fair that players and fans should be worrying about whether the same thing might happen again
    With our home form I would prefer to play at their place

Anyone an idea how many are going tonight?

3 ducks, 10 fish and a seal.

I will throw all of my toys out of the pram if this game turns from a win to a loss and we get relegated because of the difference in points. Waaaaay worse than the Chelsea offside and not enough paddies being thrown imo. It would be so wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    3 ducks, 10 fish and a seal.
    We'll have a whale of a time.

I saw on Twitter that about 900 are going

Lose tonight ?? then its all on Sunday ?

Now will see what they got as a team / squad .

If they don't get motivated for this one , they will never get up for a game , and were doomed .

Shouldn't need to be coached ,managed ,or motivated .

Come on you bluebirds!
    Travelling faithful deserve a performance after the abandonment.
    2-0 City

I put forward the theory that we’re now at a stage where we could lose our last three games yet still stay up on the Feedback section of my blog - I did also add that the last thing I wanted was for the theory to be tested mind.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I put forward the theory that we’re now at a stage where we could lose our last three games yet still stay up on the Feedback section of my blog - I did also add that the last thing I wanted was for the theory to be tested mind.
    I saw on one of those super computers things that we now have a 4% chance of relegation so I think your theory may be right, though I think it'll be an anxious ground on Sunday if we lose tonight and Reading beat Wigan

Players need to put last time out of their heads.
    It's a cup final tonight. Win and while not mathematically, they are safe.
    Lose, and it's a whole lot different.
    I think Huddersfield and Burnley will beat us.

I think we are going to batter them.
    3-0 City.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I saw on one of those super computers things that we now have a 4% chance of relegation so I think your theory may be right, though I think it'll be an anxious ground on Sunday if we lose tonight and Reading beat Wigan
    I’m uneasy about tonight, I’ve been reading City fans on social media saying that we’re clearly the better team based on the one and a half games we’ve played against them. While I agree that we were well worth our win at home and could see no other result than a City win when the half time whistle blew in the abandoned game, Rotherham are clearly capable of a lot more than they’ve shown against us so far and the law of averages says they can’t be as bad again tonight.

I’m uneasy about tonight, I’ve been reading City fans on social media saying that we’re clearly the better team based on the one and a half games we’ve played against them. While I agree that we were well worth our win at home and could see no other result than a City win when the half time whistle blew in the abandoned game, Rotherham are clearly capable of a lot more than they’ve shown against us so far and the law of averages says they can’t be as bad again tonight.
    I just think that we will be fired up and hopefully get out of the blocks earlier than we have been.

Can only control what we can control.

Team will know we were easily handling Rotherham before, will have the motivation of the debacle before.

My only concern will be another cancelled game, heavy rain, Rotherham have been training on the pitch as training facilities being worked on. We know if the rain comes down, Rotherham will do little work unless they are winning. I doubt that EFL would look kindly on a repeat of last time.

It is interesting isn't it. I have posted here previously that looking at the law of averages, Rotherham have won less games overall than teams around them (as have Huddersfield...), and so are due a win. However, one can also deduce that Rotherham have lost LESS games at home than the teams around them...so are due a home defeat....or at least not win again.....

Table.JPG

I am the same as you. Done two similar games before. The first a group of us went up with Tim Johnson to watch Celtic play Rapid Vienna in the old ECWC in 1984. Celtic spanked them 3-0 but because someone lobbed a bottle out of the Jungle missing a Rapid player, UEFA got the game replayed and when we went to the replayed game in Old Trafford they lost 1-0.

The snowgate game I was walking up to Pride Park when the stewards walking the other way told me it was off. Long way for a Burger King and chips then back a few weeks later for a Cameron Jerome spanking.

Will stay at home for this one and hope for better luck!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It is a bit odd playing on a Thursday. This will be only the 30th occasion where we've played a league game on a Thursday, with Christmas/New Year games making up 17 of the 29 played so far.

Our last Thursday match took place last season - an inspirational 0-0 away draw with fellow-initialled CCFCers Coventry. The last time we played a league game on a Thursday at a different time of the season was in 1994, when Phil Stant and Paul Millar from the spot beat Bournemouth 2-1. We survived that season in the third tier, just. Looking back at the records, between March 12th and May 7th we played 19 games, including two legs of a Welsh cup semi against the Jacks. The Bournemouth game was a part of a 9 game run in just 18 days and was the 3rd league game in 5 days.

We've won 7, drawn 9 and lost 13 on a Thursday in the league, scoring 27, conceding 40.

We have twice played playoff games on a Thursday, losing at home to West Ham but winning at Fulham.
    It's too close to Sunday and gives Huddersfield a big advantage the whole thing stinks!

Because of that we just have to win tonight!

Waiting on the team selection
    Please if there is a God no Ojo 🙏