+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newcastle v Spurs

Re: Newcastle v Spurs

F1 is still F1, Cricket still Cricket. All sports have moved on like life itself.
    But they are the same sport.

When it was 3-0 after 15 minutes it brought back memories of us being the same up there on a Friday night a few years back.

I remember getting a bit lost after a few beers afterwards and stopping half way across one of the bridges to send a pic to my mates of the sign to ring the Samaritans. All of a sudden some woman turned up from nowhere shouting at me not to climb over and jump. I told her it was ok we’d kept them to 5 in the end and I wasn’t a potential jumper! Ended up walking back to Gateshead with her and then had to walk up the towpath alongside the Tyne in the pitch black to get back to the hotel which was pretty bloody scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    When it was 3-0 after 15 minutes it brought back memories of us being the same up there on a Friday night a few years back.

I remember getting a bit lost after a few beers afterwards and stopping half way across one of the bridges to send a pic to my mates of the sign to ring the Samaritans. All of a sudden some woman turned up from nowhere shouting at me not to climb over and jump. I told her it was ok we’d kept them to 5 in the end and I wasn’t a potential jumper! Ended up walking back to Gateshead with her and then had to walk up the towpath alongside the Tyne in the pitch black to get back to the hotel which was pretty bloody scary.
    Great story

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post

We took a good few up there that night. Me and my lot were in a pub near the ground, we were stood near the door and every now and again Newcastle fans (it was obviously their regular pre match haunt) from tea time on were being turned away by door staff. A few were protesting, only to be told that the pub had been choc a bloc with City fans since dinner time and they certainly weren’t going to tell us to leave. Moral of the story, ‘Get in early and stake your claim’

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    We took a good few up there that night. Me and my lot were in a pub near the ground, we were stood near the door and every now and again Newcastle fans (it was obviously their regular pre match haunt) from tea time on were being turned away by door staff. A few were protesting, only to be told that the pub had been choc a bloc with City fans since dinner time and they certainly weren’t going to tell us to leave. Moral of the story, ‘Get in early and stake your claim’
    My lad had to sit outside, they wouldn’t let him in ‘cos he had no ID, bloody frustrating, especially as he works in a pub.