+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Phone Alert

Phone Alert

Nothing whatsoever on my phone I now know my place in the grand scheme of things

Re: Phone Alert

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Nothing whatsoever on my phone I now know my place in the grand scheme of things
    Are you on the 3 network?

Seems that alerts didn't make phones on that platform.

I left my phone on so I would know what it was like. It was a bit louder that I thought it would be (based on previous advertising of it).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Are you on the 3 network?

Seems that alerts didn't make phones on that platform.

I left my phone on so I would know what it was like. It was a bit louder that I thought it would be (based on previous advertising of it).
    Vodaphone.

I was on the effing Gabalfa Interchange at the time. Wasn't funny. I was like Jesus Christ what the hell is that, before pulling off into the elative safety of Mynachdy

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I was on the effing Gabalfa Interchange at the time. Wasn't funny. I was like Jesus Christ what the hell is that, before pulling off into the elative safety of Mynachdy
    Perhaps they should’ve sent an alert 5 minutes before hand warning everyone there was an alert on its way.

I didn't get it either.

I didn't get it either, nor did my daughter's intended.

Just aswell it was a test and not the real thing.

my mrs and daughter were in Tesco's at the time, I said " imagine the carnage that place would be if the warning said, you have 20 mins to get inside we have tracked missiles coming from Russia " it would have been a free for all

International

It's incase the Ruskies nuke us, it will be too late by the time it goes off anyway.

International

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    my mrs and daughter were in Tesco's at the time, I said " imagine the carnage that place would be if the warning said, you have 20 mins to get inside we have tracked missiles coming from Russia " it would have been a free for all
    I hadn't read that, that's what it's really for, waste of time, but handy for when the taff floods Ponty next I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

International

The newspapers were all slagging it off caying "Chaos" and the like because x many people didn't get it.

but shirley, that was the whole point. It was a 'test'. the clue is in the sentence. They were seeing how well it worked so they can now refine it and make sure it works better next time?

I experienced it in Canada in March and it was a right fecking nuisance. Fortunately you can deactivate on my iphone in the bottom entry under notifications. Another b100dy intrusion from this nanny state. Foxtrot oscar!

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    I experienced it in Canada in March and it was a right fecking nuisance. Fortunately you can deactivate on my iphone in the bottom entry under notifications. Another b100dy intrusion from this nanny state. Foxtrot oscar!
    You often get them in the US ( localised warnings / messages pinging through )