+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Global Warming?

International

What Global Warming?

The weather's shocking, almost May and hardly any Sun!

Re: What Global Warming?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    The weather's shocking, almost May and hardly any Sun!
    are you confusing weather with climate?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    are you confusing weather with climate?
    possibly?

I thought climate change, changes the weather so it's warmer, with the odd storm thrown in.

possibly?

I thought climate change, changes the weather so it's warmer, with the odd storm thrown in.
    The rain is filling the reservoirs ready for the long hot summer ahead.

possibly?

Global Warming or Climate Change is the gradual warming of the planet that can cause extreme weather. It can be cold in Cardiff, but the planet is still warming. A common analogy goes along the lines of "just because you and your family ate well, world hunger still exists".

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Global Warming or Climate Change is the gradual warming of the planet that can cause extreme weather. It can be cold in Cardiff, but the planet is still warming. A common analogy goes along the lines of "just because you and your family ate well, world hunger still exists".
    Anyone who doesn't know this by now is just being wilfully ignorant.

It’s too late i tell thee. It’s too late!!!

Anyone remember that American politician that brought a snowball into Congress to show that climate change wasn't real.

The standard of debate is so so low from some sectors of our society.

I find it strange that Meteorologists predict that our World is going to warm up by say 2c in 2050 and at same time can't predict correctly the weather for the day after tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Parti Mellow View Post
    I find it strange that Meteorologists predict that our World is going to warm up by say 2c in 2050 and at same time can't predict correctly the weather for the day after tomorrow.
    I find it strange that climate deniers are so blase about it. Maybe they think we'll find another habitable planet soon and we can all go there and f**k that one up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Anyone remember that American politician that brought a snowball into Congress to show that climate change wasn't real.

The standard of debate is so so low from some sectors of our society.
    He must have been a massive snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    It’s too late i tell thee. It’s too late!!!
    It was too late in the 80's, much too late in the 90's, then the 00's came along and we were at last chance saloon, 10's it was beyond repair if something wasnt done NOW, now in the 20's, not sure where we are now, doomed

40 years of Global warming / Climate change ? ? who knows where it will end

Has Brexit been responsible for any adverse weather conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by Parti Mellow View Post
    Try reading a book about the complexity of making short-term, localised weather predictions and studying the long-term statistical data relating to the global climate across the board. You may not think it so strange thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Try reading a book about the complexity of making short-term, localised weather predictions and studying the long-term statistical data relating to the global climate across the board. You may not think it so strange thereafter.
    I always thought that climate deniers denied the man made portion of it.

In my mind, I just think so what. But that’s my own personal view and everyone’s entitled to hold their own.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I always thought that climate deniers denied the man made portion of it.

In my mind, I just think so what. But that’s my own personal view and everyone’s entitled to hold their own.
    If you get chance watch a film called The Trick with Jason Watkins.
    He plays a scientist who first put forward the idea of man's influence on climate change, only to be met with scepticism, having his data disputed and computers hacked. It's based on a true story.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    He plays a scientist who first put forward the idea of man's influence on climate change, only to be met with scepticism, having his data disputed and computers hacked. It's based on a true story.
    I’ll keep my eye out for it. Doesn’t seem to be on prime or Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    It was too late in the 80's, much too late in the 90's, then the 00's came along and we were at last chance saloon, 10's it was beyond repair if something wasnt done NOW, now in the 20's, not sure where we are now, doomed

40 years of Global warming / Climate change ? ? who knows where it will end
    15 days to flatten the icecaps.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

oooh I forgot the acid rain one, I did a project on it in Primary school, we had 10 years to fix it back then

I wasnt around in the 60's, only young in the 70's, started to take notice of our pending doom in the 8
    0's

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Is there any evidence that anyone of note made these claims? Because don't recall hearing any of them.

Is there any evidence that anyone of note made these claims? Because don't recall hearing any of them.
    me either

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...=1#post5414043

It's like all the gifted kids in class slavishly absorb and regurgitate the same deceptive tweets before telling the rest of us what a bunch of uncritical thinkers we are!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I’ll keep my eye out for it. Doesn’t seem to be on prime or Netflix.
    Think I saw it on Netflix, but was originally on the BBC so might appear on iplayer at some point.
    It's not the best film ever but its worth watching for the subject matter alone.

International

The main change in Cardiff seems to be that it rains for months on end, and much less snow and freezing conditions in the Winter.

Maybe we should have another lockdown, from march 2020 the weather was brilliant for months.